Author Topic: An End to Operation Chokepoint  (Read 1130 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
An End to Operation Chokepoint
« on: August 19, 2017, 09:24:57 AM »
Another important reversal of Obama policies that is buried in the background of "WAAAAAHHH nazis and free stuff!!!"

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170818/justice-department-terminates-and-repudiates-operation-chokepoint

Edit: I have to stop posting pre morning coffee.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:59:17 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: An End to Operation Checkpoint
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 09:39:22 AM »
Boyd wrote, “The Department is committed to bringing enforcement actions only where warranted by the facts and the applicable law without regard to political preferences.”

So that's the literal fascism we've been hearing about. #worstfearsconfirmed #notnormal
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: An End to Operation Chokepoint
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 10:24:06 AM »
The NRA thanks President Trump for finally putting an end to Operation Chokepoint and thanks Attorney General Jeff Sessions and others in the Justice Department for seeing through the termination of this misguided program.

To borrow a phrase from Yogi Berra, "It ain't over 'til it's over." It is great news that the D.O.J. has officially terminated and repudiated Operation Chokepoint, but it ain't really over unless and until we can be certain that nobody in the D.O.J. and the BATFE is still pushing that cart despite the department's official position.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: An End to Operation Chokepoint
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 12:26:10 PM »
It's the sentiment that counts.  Despite any objections I may have to some of President Trump's activities, it confirms my attitude when I voted for him.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.