Author Topic: New Contender for the Rachel Dolezal Award  (Read 1292 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
New Contender for the Rachel Dolezal Award
« on: December 28, 2020, 11:19:12 AM »
Alec Baldwin's wife:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2020/12/28/alec-baldwins-wife-hilaria-keeps-digging-after-getting-royally-busted-for-allegedly-how-you-say-in-english-lying-about-spanish-heritage-videos/

Why is it always these privileged, rich whiteys that need to play at, how you say in English, being a "minority"?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: New Contender for the Rachel Dolezal Award
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 11:55:34 AM »
I guess that is one way to get away from their guilty feelings over being rich.  Claim membership in a minority.  I am impressed a native speaker didn't call her out sooner. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 01:11:05 PM »
Is Alec Baldwin going to cancel her? [popcorn]
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 01:19:30 PM »
Someone in Hollywood has been pretending to be someone they're not?   

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 02:41:52 PM »
https://www.revolver.news/2020/12/hilaria-baldwin-instagram-hillary-from-boston/

Hilaria Baldwin’s talent agency says she was born in Spain. She says on Instagram today that she was born in Boston and is upset at how that fact has been misreported

Translation: She is upset that she has been caught. Where would her talent agency have gotten any info about her place of birth other than from her?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 02:57:47 PM »
https://www.revolver.news/2020/12/hilaria-baldwin-instagram-hillary-from-boston/

Translation: She is upset that she has been caught. Where would her talent agency have gotten any info about her place of birth other than from her?

More than that: Several of the videos at the twitchy link show her jumping between an accent and supposed problem knowing English in one vid, to talking like a valley girl in another. She claims that due to her heritage she mixes up talking with an accent or not. I grew up surrounded by immigrants. My parents never lost their accents. My sister spent her first seven years in Germany, came here, and within a couple of years, was speaking accent free.

Same with all our friends and relatives. Nobody young enough lost their accent and then suddenly started speaking with a heavy accent again. Nor did anyone switch back and forth willy-nilly. I was born here, like her, and grew up speaking both English and German. I never developed a German accent when speaking English. She's a fraud plain and simple.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 05:30:50 PM »
What about Elizabeth Warren?

Is this getting to be a trend?

This one still makes me laugh whenever I come across it in my captured pic files:

----------------------------------
Pic of Ms. Warren in company with The Lone Ranger and dressed in Native American garb deleted because:
The punitive provisions crammed into the enormous bill (pdf), warned Evan Greer of the digital rights group Fight for the Future, “threaten ordinary Internet users with up to $30,000 in fines for engaging in everyday activity such as downloading an image and re-uploading it… [or] sharing memes.”
See:
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=63607.msg1286621#msg1286621
----------------------------

Terry

Pic credit in properties, but once again, was probably stolen from somewhere else anyhow.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 07:47:50 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 05:56:07 PM »
More than that: Several of the videos at the twitchy link show her jumping between an accent and supposed problem knowing English in one vid, to talking like a valley girl in another. She claims that due to her heritage she mixes up talking with an accent or not. I grew up surrounded by immigrants. My parents never lost their accents. My sister spent her first seven years in Germany, came here, and within a couple of years, was speaking accent free.

Same with all our friends and relatives. Nobody young enough lost their accent and then suddenly started speaking with a heavy accent again. Nor did anyone switch back and forth willy-nilly. I was born here, like her, and grew up speaking both English and German. I never developed a German accent when speaking English. She's a fraud plain and simple.
The other question I have:  Does she think being from Spain puts her into some sort of minority?  I thought most people consider them European and white. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 06:08:34 PM »
The other question I have:  Does she think being from Spain puts her into some sort of minority?  I thought most people consider them European and white. 

That too.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 07:20:45 PM »
My cousins were interesting. Half Japanese and the oldest born there, lived there five years. Most Japanese featured, most language skills, had a slight accent, now totally American. The middle sis looked mostly jap except for filling out to about 5’11”. Decent Japanese as a child, worked as an interpreter as an adult, married jap and lived there for a while but still no accent. The youngest was born here, totally American looking just a little tanner than the rest of the family
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 07:42:16 PM »

I worked for several years for a guy who immigrated from Hungary at the age of 12. When he arrived in the U.S. he didn't speak English. When I worked with him he was in his late 30s or early 40s. He didn't speak a word of Hungarian, and he said he could follow a conversation only to a very small extent. He grew up in NYC from the age of 12, and any accent he had was mild NYC (but "educated" NYC, not the cinematic cabbie "Noo Yawk -- where is youze guyz from?" accent. I had a cousin (now deceased) who married a Spaniard and lived in Spain during the marriage. When they divorced, she moved back to the U.S. with her son, who was (IIRC) in his teens at the time. I met the son when he was in his twenties. He was fully bi-lingual, and spoke English with no accent.

High school classmate, who became a significant other for a few years long after we had graduated from high school, immigrated from Germany when she was around ten years old. Like my Hungarian boss, she speaks unaccented English. She also doesn't speak any German, and has limited comprehension when she hears it spoken.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2020, 07:49:54 PM »

racially, they qualify as "White" (I think). Ethnically, I believe the Spanish and Portuguese are considered to be "Hispanic." I have never understood the distinction. Neither did my late wife, who was from Sudamerica. In fact, she took an opposing view. My wife felt that "Hispanic" should refer to a person born in Spain. Since she was not born in Spain and had never been there, she was willing to be considered a Latina, but not "Hispanic."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2020, 11:02:38 PM »
My maternal gramma came to the USA from Vilnius, Lithuania.  She could speak and read and write in several languages from that area of E. Europe.  Her English was very difficult to understand, and she had a hard time reading it.  She had 3 kids, my uncle who was born in Lithuania and my mother and aunt who were born here.  Gramma would not allow them to learn any other language than English as in her opinion, they were Americans.  She should be an example to all of those divisive shits who scream about diversity and inclusiveness...who don't seem to understand those two words are opposites.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2020, 11:26:47 PM »
Didn't care for the thread title. I was speed reading and I thought someone had supplanted St. Pancake.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2020, 05:40:11 AM »
Didn't care for the thread title. I was speed reading and I thought someone had supplanted St. Pancake.

Same here.  I still have hope that more pancakes will be made.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Scott Metro

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2020, 08:11:29 AM »
You're not playing the game right. You must suspend your disbelief, accept the facts as presented, then, sit down, and keep your mouth shut.
Can you not see the beauty of this utopian "new" concept of truth?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2020, 08:51:45 AM »
You're not playing the game right. You must suspend your disbelief, accept the facts as presented, then, sit down, and keep your mouth shut.
Can you not see the beauty of this utopian "new" concept of truth?
All the leaders seem to be serial liars.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2020, 09:50:04 AM »
All the leaders seem to be serial liars.

Some serious glitches in the Matrix, the simulation is breaking down  :cool:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.