Author Topic: Angry middle-aged man decides not to wait for his appointment  (Read 2125 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Angry middle-aged man decides not to wait for his appointment
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2020, 07:33:30 PM »
There are times I just can not wrap my head around the actions of some people over the most trivial matters.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2020, 09:00:14 PM »
^ This. This. This.

The victim culture praises victim hood rather than standing up for yourself, but if no one is willing to stand up for themselves right then and there then down the darkening hole we go.

I've had a couple conversations with management - where I told them I've had enough of being disrespected by customers and I'm not going to take it any longer.  Since then I've walked away in the middle of transactions or even refused to start others.

It's a small town.  I see some of them occasionally.  Most have been more respectful the second time.  Others have avoided me.  Either way's fine by me.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2020, 10:06:23 PM »
Just noticed this is titled "middle aged man".  That guy is by definition a boomer,  and not middle aged at all. 
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2020, 10:30:07 PM »
Just noticed this is titled "middle aged man".  That guy is by definition a boomer,  and not middle aged at all. 

Boomers consider themselves middle aged  :rofl:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2020, 10:33:43 PM »
Boomers consider themselves middle aged  :rofl:

Ya know,  I consider boomer a bit of a pejorative,  but a 58 year old boomer is as much a boomer as I am a gen Xer.  Technically fit one gen but absolutely don't identify with it.  Just pointing out the madness.  Guy in question fits the karen boomer mold though.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2020, 10:34:19 PM »
He was 58. My dictionary defines middle aged as 40 to 60.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2020, 10:56:46 PM »

OK Boomer  =D
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2020, 06:50:31 PM »

Your dictionary needs changing - middle age should be up to 65, at least.   :old:

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2020, 06:59:19 PM »
Your dictionary needs changing - middle age should be up to 65, at least.   :old:

Sweet, that would buy me 2 more years!  :old: :old: :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!