Author Topic: McCain, rights, to vote for him or Bar?  (Read 11755 times)

akodo2

McCain, rights, to vote for him or Bar?
« on: August 30, 2008, 09:34:31 PM »
Hi all, I knew this would get speed locked on THR so let me ask it here

I recall McCain saying some very distrubing things about the people should be willing to give up some of their rights for greater safty after the 9-11 incident.

Do any of you recall that as well? or know his exact words?

Hk91-762mm

Re: McCain, rights, to vote for him or Bar?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 03:40:39 AM »
McCain is really no special friend of gun owners .
 I was going to vote for BOB BARR board member of the NRA. Knowing full well he could never win-It was a protest vote against the RNC for shoving a LIBERAL Lite in my face as an only choice to vote for .
  NOW im going to vote for Mcstain =REASON#1 SARA PALIN.
 She is a true concervitive -gun owner-Hunter -Sportsman!
Im pro abortion But Ill give up that right because most Pro choicers are anti gun and Ill never need an abortion.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 03:53:04 AM »
Welcome THR outcasts.

There are a few rules here. Generally though, if conducted in a polite manner, most any conversation goes.

I don't like the guy either, but we're not supposed to use names like "McStain."

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 04:28:55 AM »
Andy

eflatminor

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 06:08:57 AM »
I don't recall McCain using those words but it wouldn't surprize me.  There's a school of tought that we gun owners should fear McCain more than Obama.  The thought being that if Obama tries to enact more gun control, the forces of good will come together to stop him.  If McCain tries the same, everyone will think it must be "reasonable" regulation having been supported by a Republican president.  If McCain gets into office, we could actually end up in worse shape (2nd Ammendment wise) than if Obama gets the nod.  Scary.

I'll be voting Libertarian here in California because there's no way McCain gets this state.  Now if I lived in Ohio...

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 06:44:56 AM »
McCain isn't The Answer.  He just buys us time.

No small thing.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 07:18:06 AM »
McCain was behind the First Amendment Repeal Act, aka Campaign Finance Reform.  He also was backing the shamnesty plan for illegal aliens. angry

So . . . the ONLY reason to vote for McCain is that the next President is likely to name multiple SCOTUS justices.

McCain may give us moderates like Anthony Kennedy; not what we'd like, but an improvement if they replace Breyer, Ginberg, Souter, or Stevens. On the other hand, Barack Hussein Obama will appoint closet Marxists. I'd like to see RINO McCain lose and give  BHO a chance to fail miserably in office; this would both show the GOP that we don't like RINOs and thoroughly discredit the Dems . . . but SCOTUS appointments can keep hurting us for decades. That worries me.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 07:20:43 AM »
If it works out well...

Picture McCain-Palin. Then the next term, he retires, and the ticket is Palin-Jindal.

A White House with the American-spirit independent and refreshingly competent running it.

"America" would be back.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 07:28:20 AM »
Almost everyone on this forum knows McCain's ample liabilities, but most of us are also pragmatists.  Yes, who ends up on SCOTUS is absolutely critical.

But I personally don't think it's just about losing the Court.  It would be about losing America.  If we can't protect our basic liberties through the Rule of Law at the highest level we will have no option as free men and women but to push re-set in some way, shape, or form.  A radically leftist SCOTUS would demoralize every American loyal to the basic vision of the Founders.

I think the rational way is preferable--if we can keep it.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

akodo2

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 09:42:39 AM »
I fear no matter what, we may loose this one.

However, I think the people will turn on Obama and we will only have to suffer through 4 years.  I hope the justices are healthy.  Rememeber, we went a long time without appointing any new ones.  I hope that trend can continue for a little while.

Crow1108

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 09:49:21 AM »
These past few years, the elections have been a choice between the lesser of two evils. I'll vote for McCain, simply to vote against BHO. I can appreciate those voting for third parties, and would do so if I knew it wouldn't be a wasted vote.
"I work in the back. I see no smiles."--"Bruce Allmighty"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 12:42:56 PM »
However, I think the people will turn on Obama and we will only have to suffer through 4 years.  I hope the justices are healthy.  Rememeber, we went a long time without appointing any new ones.  I hope that trend can continue for a little while.

Get ready, if BHO is elected, for the longest four years in American history since the War of Secession.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Stevie-Ray

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 02:37:50 PM »
Picture McCain-Palin. Then the next term, he retires, and the ticket is Palin-Jindal.
Whoa, talk about a dream. If only we could be guaranteed............................

Seriously though, if anybody is considering voting for McCain, PLEASE don't throw away a vote on Barr. He has no chance and your little vote is not going to punish the GOP. Vote the person that most thinks like you and has the cance to win!

Or his VP angel
On Sarah Palin.....The screeching moonbats, whose daily lives are a swamp of discontent, fault finding, anger, angst and every other dark emotion embraced by the left, can't stand to see someone who is normal and enjoying life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.....grampster

agricola

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 03:04:39 PM »
Barr was apparently on CNN tonight claiming Palin "wasnt vetted enough", which  - if it is a reference to the rumours that are being spread over the internet about her daughter - is outrageous.
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 03:46:42 PM »
I'll vote for any Bar that makes a decent gin & tonic.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 04:41:13 PM »
The Gin & Tonic.

Gin: originally flavored with juniper berries and sold as medicinal as no one thought the foul stuff good for drinking...and as "medicinal" avoided the tax on drinking spirits.

Tonic water:  A vehicle for the foul quinine, a malaria preventative.

Then, the desperate-to-get-buzzed Brits mix them both in some 18th century colonial backwater and turn it into a cocktail.

I must admit to having one every blue moon, usually coinciding with the first hot days in spring.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 05:13:22 PM »
Throw in a lime and they are a sovereign remedy for scurvy as well.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Oldskoolfan

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 06:48:11 AM »
McCain may give us moderates like Anthony Kennedy; not what we'd like, but an improvement if they replace Breyer, Ginberg, Souter, or Stevens. On the other hand, Barack Hussein Obama will appoint closet Marxists. I'd like to see RINO McCain lose and give  BHO a chance to fail miserably in office; this would both show the GOP that we don't like RINOs and thoroughly discredit the Dems . . . but SCOTUS appointments can keep hurting us for decades. That worries me.

Then why not vote for Bob Barr?  He will give us better choices than McCain or Obama.

Umber

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 06:57:35 AM »
If it works out well...

A White House with the American-spirit independent and refreshingly competent running it.

"America" would be back.

This is exactly what I'm hoping for.

Umber

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 07:56:24 AM »
I don't like the guy either, but we're not supposed to use names like "McStain."
Or Hitlery.

Personally, I am not real enthused about McCain, but some absolutists have blown his gun related positions way out of proportion. I am more miffed about McCain-Feingold than having to have a NICS check when buying a gun at a gun show.

bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2008, 08:25:24 AM »
After he picked Sarah for VP, I'm going to vote for McCain - but I can certainly understand if someone just wants to go to the bar on election day instead Wink
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2008, 08:44:20 AM »
I'm voting McCain, and hoping he has a heart attack quick fast and in a hurry.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2008, 08:48:13 AM »
After he picked Sarah for VP, I'm going to vote for McCain - but I can certainly understand if someone just wants to go to the bar on election day instead Wink

Here in Illinois the bars are closed on election day until after the polls close.   

However, with early voting, you can get all snockered up and then vote!!!  YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2008, 08:50:42 AM »

Here in Illinois the bars are closed on election day until after the polls close.   

However, with early voting, you can get all snockered up and then vote!!!  YEAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

You got funny laws.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 09:03:47 AM »
I'm voting McCain, and hoping he has a heart attack quick fast and in a hurry.

I'd rather it not happen until 2 years into his term.

Then the next 2 years will not count against Palin's 2-term limit, and we can have Palin for 8 years.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner