Author Topic: McCain, rights, to vote for him or Bar?  (Read 11755 times)

yesitsloaded

• friends
Re: McCain, rights, to vote for him or Bar?
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 09:21:49 AM »
I made my mind up recently that it is better to vote McCain and not agree with him on somethings, than watch BHO win. McCain is for vouchers, which would allow us to fix or abandon our failing tax-payer funded schools. Pisses me off a little bit, the local schools were so crappy that my parents sent me to private school and still had to pay taxes to send some wannabe gangsta to clown in class. I'm tired of paying (yes I pay taxes) for people that don't want to learn to get books they don't read, gas for buses they fight on, and school lunches that have the nutritional value and taste worse than an MRE. (by the way I think #9 almost killed me awhile back, thats the pork chow-mien for those of you that don't eat them, then again nothing is worse than the burrito when your heater pack fails.)
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 10:09:15 AM »
"Gin: originally flavored with juniper berries and sold as medicinal as no one thought the foul stuff good for drinking...and as "medicinal" avoided the tax on drinking spirits."

You may want to look into that.

Gin was monstrously popular in 18th century Britain to the point where it was seen as the greatest social ill of the age. It was originally sold as medicinal in the Netherlands, where it was first invented, but by the time it hit Britain it was largely just something to get soused on.

The gin and tonic likely didn't come into existence until sometime after 1820-30 when large-scale quinine extraction was perfected and British colonial troops began to receive regular quinine rations. 
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 10:36:45 AM »
I figure if I vote for McCain I get maybe 1/3 of what I want.  Not much, but something.  If Palin succeeds him, then I get maybe 3/4 of what I want, which is quite phenomenal.

If I vote for Obama I don't get anything that I want, and a helluva lot of stuff I don't want.  Bad bad bad!

If I vote for Barr or another third party candidate I won't get anything, either good or bad, because he just won't win anywhere.  So what's the point?

Seems like McCain is the only sensible choice.  Better to get some of what I want, and maybe fight a holding action for a few years until I can get a candidate I really like.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 11:00:31 AM »
McCain buys us time.

Barr is a vanity vote. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 12:56:34 PM »
Just remember, a vote fro bar or Paul is a proxy vote for Obama
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008, 12:57:24 PM »
Well, here we go again.

WeedWhacker

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »
Barr has demonstrated that he fails to understand the meaning of the Second Amendment

Ten thousand and one felonies aren't enough - let's make a misdemeanor an excuse to deprive you of your God-given, unalienable rights!
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 03:52:25 PM »
You can believe what you like, but the next president will be McCain or Obama.  Should it be that way?  Maybe, maybe not, but it is what it is.

While I may not think McCain is the best choice, he is leaps and bounds better then Obama.  Also Palin is good person to have in the white house to balance things out, shes also a great person to step in should McCain not finish out his term.  Given his age, that's important.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2008, 04:00:29 AM »
Barr has demonstrated that he fails to understand the meaning of the Second Amendment

Ten thousand and one felonies aren't enough - let's make a misdemeanor an excuse to deprive you of your God-given, unalienable rights!

Hmm . . . a GOA newsletter from April, 1997. Not a bad investigation, but might I be permitted to share something a bit more recent?

Sure, Bob Barr's voting record pales in comparison with Ron Paul's. But since when has anyone on these boards cared about consistently pro-2A voting records, anyway? 

Furthermore, you'll notice that, while Barr's votes became progressively more favorable for gun owners following his first term, the same cannot be said for:

McCain or Obama (Obviously)

Chuck Baldwin is fairly new to the political arena. Not much is known about him, but GOA does provide links to his stance on the issues.

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2008, 03:18:51 PM »
The state I am registered in will definitely be going for Obama, so I am voting for Barr. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2008, 03:24:23 PM »
The state I am registered in will definitely be going for Obama, so I am voting for Barr. 

Which state ??   I'm in BHO home state of Illinois.  I think that what was once thought to be a nice safe BHO state may not be so much anymore.  Yes, there's Chicago, but I think the Palin for VP choice has changed the calculus.  Chicago will go for BHO, but the collar counties and downstate are looking more and more like they'll go for McCain.   

It'll be closer then the experts think.....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2008, 07:05:46 PM »
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2008, 11:52:12 PM »

Which state ??   I'm in BHO home state of Illinois.  I think that what was once thought to be a nice safe BHO state may not be so much anymore.  Yes, there's Chicago, but I think the Palin for VP choice has changed the calculus.  Chicago will go for BHO, but the collar counties and downstate are looking more and more like they'll go for McCain.   

It'll be closer then the experts think.....

I'm registered in CA. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

onebigelf

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008, 06:08:43 AM »
McCain is really no special friend of gun owners .
 I was going to vote for BOB BARR board member of the NRA. Knowing full well he could never win-It was a protest vote against the RNC for shoving a LIBERAL Lite in my face as an only choice to vote for .
  NOW im going to vote for Mcstain =REASON#1 SARA PALIN.
 She is a true concervitive -gun owner-Hunter -Sportsman!
Im pro abortion But Ill give up that right because most Pro choicers are anti gun and Ill never need an abortion.

I'm with you (and I'm a member of my local REC).  I was perilously close to voting for Chuck Baldwin before the Palin nomination.  She was actually my pie-in-the-sky choice for VP for several months.  I just didn't expect McCain to go for her. I'm also pro-choice because I doubt my right to impose my confused views on the subject on others, but I agree that it's a states-rights issue and I'm comfortable with that.  I'm not an NRA supporter for more than a decade now.  Too much compromise.  Too much- the 2nd amendment is hunting- and I now send my money to the JPFO.

John

Wildalaska

• friend
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 08:52:32 AM »
Bob Barr is a clown.

WildhemakesronpaullooknormalAlaska "
I'm just a condescending, supercilious,  pompous ass .But then again, my opinion is as irrelevant as yours, and keep in mind kids, it's only the internet! If I bug ya that much, ignore me. Anyway, need something? Call me at 800/992-4570.
?If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers?

http://www.hyperarts.com/pynchon/gravity/index.html

http://www.therealwildalaska.com/blog/

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 10:18:10 AM »
I wasn't very comfortable with McCain prior to his Palin selection. I think she brings some true conservative principles to the table. Initially, I had no problem with BHO, but deeper studies showed me what he was really about. The sad fact is that one can vote for a third party candidate, but it is merely throwing away one's vote. I'd rather have someone in office that cares for this country more than himself. McCain has a history of proving that.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 08:06:25 PM »
I very much prefer McCain to Obama.

Throw in a lime and they are a sovereign remedy for scurvy as well.

That's what margaritas are for.

wacki

• friend
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 08:20:30 PM »
McCain is really no special friend of gun owners .
 I was going to vote for BOB BARR board member of the NRA. Knowing full well he could never win-It was a protest vote against the RNC for shoving a LIBERAL Lite in my face as an only choice to vote for .
  NOW im going to vote for Mcstain =REASON#1 SARA PALIN.
 She is a true concervitive -gun owner-Hunter -Sportsman!
Im pro abortion But Ill give up that right because most Pro choicers are anti gun and Ill never need an abortion.

I don't buy used guns.  Please *link* me to one single bill that McCain has voted for or verbally supported that would impact me.

I understand there are people here that want to buy guns without background checks.  But I don't subscribe to the notion that any politician that favors background checks is anti-gun.

----------------------------
Any vote in a swing state that is not for McCain is a vote for Obama this election.

TexasRifleman

• friend
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2008, 02:54:07 PM »
Bob Barr is a clown.

He's kind of a nut job for sure.

He's running some campaign here in Texas to try to get the Secretary of State to remove the Dem and Rep candidates from the official ballot.

He says he's the only candidate that met all the requirements so he should be the only name on the ballot.

The technicality is that they put placeholder names for the 2 major parties since they don't choose candidates til the convention.
He's saying that since there was no specific name they can't be on the ballot.

Even if he's right he's never gonna pull that one off and all it's doing is making him look more like a nut.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2008, 03:45:49 PM »
WildhemakesronpaullooknormalAlaska "

Agreed. I sure have missed your ever relevant signatures.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.