Author Topic: "Wrong hood bitch"  (Read 9763 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: "Wrong hood bitch"
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 08:50:09 AM »

I'm not very vigilant with locks and occasionally forget to close the garage door. With all the bikes and tools in there that could come back to bite me.

You can get a sensor to automatically close the garage at night.  http://www.amazon.com/Garage-Guardian-Automatic-Closer-Timer/dp/B00KED4T8W
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

birdman

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 09:04:11 AM »
Had a yout' knock on the door tonight at 0 dark thirty trying to pull the candy scam. 6 bucks for a candy bar!!

I politely sent him on his way and then called the po po. They were already in route as someone else had already called.

Every so often the building down the street with section 8 transplants from Chicago gets a new batch of folks who don't know how to act in the burbs.

This hood won't tolerate even petty crime.

I'm not very vigilant with locks and occasionally forget to close the garage door. With all the bikes and tools in there that could come back to bite me.

No more condition white, I've moved into condition grey :)

There was a kid in my complex who kept playing knock-knock-run same time every few days.  Finally got a look at him, and then next time, cut him off at the end of the road with my truck.
Interrogated him, got his mom's contact info, called her and told her what was up.
Me: I know who he and you are now, if it happens again, I'm calling the cops
Her: i think calling the cops is a little overboard
Me: i don't. (Hangs up)
I left off the "overboard compared to what?  I'll answer the door with a 870 riot gun and let's see how fast your little punk larva shits himself?"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 10:40:04 AM »
I live in an OK neighborhood but answer the door with my Glock in hand behind my back. Same when I hear suspicious noises where I shouldn't (between my and my neighbor's house, my garage area/back yard). Of course, unless I am going to the VA, it travels everywhere I do.

What is this answering the door thing you speak of  ???

If I don't recognize a vehicle that comes up our long driveway, I go out the door on the opposite side of the house and come around the corner with a rifle  >:D   =D

I'm in Condition Dark Yellow most of the time - which means I'm pissed off  ;)  :laugh:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2015, 10:42:46 AM »
I live in an OK neighborhood but answer the door with my Glock in hand behind my back. Same when I hear suspicious noises where I shouldn't (between my and my neighbor's house, my garage area/back yard). Of course, unless I am going to the VA, it travels everywhere I do.

I live in an un-OK neighborhood that I've talked about before.  Use the search, on the string "life in my neighborhood" in the title.  Right now there's always something on me.  Before last year (https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/CCL.aspx), no comment.

I'm in Condition Dark Yellow most of the time - which means I'm pissed off  Wink  laugh

Old guys and their bladder problems...
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2015, 11:16:53 AM »
What is this answering the door thing you speak of  ???

If I don't recognize a vehicle that comes up our long driveway, I go out the door on the opposite side of the house and come around the corner with a rifle  >:D   =D

I'm in Condition Dark Yellow most of the time - which means I'm pissed off  ;)  :laugh:

You might want to hydrate.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2015, 11:32:25 AM »
You might want to hydrate.

http://blog.bekahbrunstetter.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/marine-corps-007.jpg

When I mentioned this concept to my mother (who, at times, works with elderly who need assistance) she indicated that when she asked the nursing help about the resident's dark yellow, smelly urine, they said it was fine and nothing to be worried about.

The "nurses" (I'm betting CNAs) had no clue about this. I learned it at age 12 as part of basic survival information.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2015, 11:43:25 AM »
I took a day long close quarters gun handling/combatives class yesterday...
The trainer threw out a sobering group of numbers involving a training group in his area in Kansas.... out of 10,000 people who went through the traing courses, the record was 64-3-5. 64, clean shoots where the ccwer made it out alive, 3 where the ccwer was killed, and 5 'forfeits' where the person was killed because they left their gun at home that day.

Check your PMs.
Andy

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2015, 11:43:50 AM »
Then there are people like my mother who, with Stage 3 renal disease, pretty much exclusively drinks diet soda and believes water is Satan's own urine. ;/
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2015, 11:56:38 AM »
I took a day long close quarters gun handling/combatives class yesterday...
The trainer threw out a sobering group of numbers involving a training group in his area in Kansas.... out of 10,000 people who went through the traing courses, the record was 64-3-5. 64, clean shoots where the ccwer made it out alive, 3 where the ccwer was killed, and 5 'forfeits' where the person was killed because they left their gun at home that day.

I've heard that statistic a couple of times, on the gun podcasts I follow.  Can't remember who said it.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2015, 12:23:29 PM »
Check your PMs.

Dang, I met you and didn't even know it.  :O
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2015, 01:15:12 PM »

APS Alumni: So tactical and stealthy they can't even recognize each other.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2015, 02:16:15 PM »
APS Alumni: So tactical and stealthy they can't even recognize each other.

I didn't do too much meet and greet... I was way on the far left end of the bell curve in that class and needed all of the focus I could muster.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2015, 03:03:37 PM »

I had no idea either.

We were adjacent on the firing line all day.  :laugh:
Andy

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2015, 03:42:26 PM »
You can get a sensor to automatically close the garage at night.  http://www.amazon.com/Garage-Guardian-Automatic-Closer-Timer/dp/B00KED4T8W

Doesn't appear to be a sensor. It's just an automatic closer with adjustable delay.

I occasionally forget to drop the door at night. If I want it open, I want it open, but I would be interested in a true sensor that responds to, for example, reduction in daylight, so the door will close when it gets dark.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2015, 07:40:56 PM »
APS: where somehow a joke about color code alerts gets turned into a medical discussion  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2015, 07:48:21 PM »
I occasionally forget to drop the door at night. If I want it open, I want it open, but I would be interested in a true sensor that responds to, for example, reduction in daylight, so the door will close when it gets dark.

What you need is a gas cylinder that's painted black so when the sun is up, it heats the cylinder, and the gas expansion pushes the door up.  At night, the gas cools and contracts, lowering the door.

Complex solutions for simple problems.  I should run for office again.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2015, 07:59:43 PM »
What you need is a gas cylinder that's painted black so when the sun is up, it heats the cylinder, and the gas expansion pushes the door up.  At night, the gas cools and contracts, lowering the door.

Complex solutions for simple problems.  I should run for office again.

Way too simple and expedient.  You need a smaller cylinder, which pushes a solenoid switch, which activates the solar photovoltiac panel powered garage door opener. 

As a bonus, half the year the panel won't have enough light when night comes to actually close the door, thus satisfying government requirements.  ;)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2015, 09:27:05 PM »
What is this answering the door thing you speak of  ???

If I don't recognize a vehicle that comes up our long driveway, I go out the door on the opposite side of the house and come around the corner with a rifle  >:D   =D

I'm in Condition Dark Yellow most of the time - which means I'm pissed off  ;)  :laugh:

In this house (I rent) there is no good way to see the street or the front porch or out the back door either! I will install a large fish eye peep hole when I can afford to but till then, I'm armed up.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2015, 12:14:26 AM »
http://kilianhardware.com/franbus.html

Put them near windows and adjust the angle to cover the areas you want to observe.  Cheaper than CCTV, just no digital record.  But then again they don't stop working when the grid goes down - especially if you have your important areas covered by battery powered emergency lighting.  Wire it properly and it will run via a switch on grid electricity till there is no grid electricity and the emergency battery mode kicks in.

There are advantages to being older than dirt - you remember "the good old days" like they were yesterday, even if you can't recall what you had for lunch just 10 minutes ago.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2015, 07:32:51 AM »
Those hemispherical mirrors also let you see awide field of view and even see around  multiple corners at once. w
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine