Author Topic: Couple offered sex with child for used car  (Read 3931 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Couple offered sex with child for used car
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 04:25:54 PM »
What is there to say?   sad    shocked
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

matis

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »
"Re: Couple offered sex with child for used car..."

Gee, makes me wonder what they'd offer for a NEW car?

matis

Si vis pacem; para bellum.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 02:32:58 AM »
Hopefully, they can put them away for a long while.  The SC said we can't do more than that.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:44:24 AM »
it's just the magistrate hearing.  No offense meant to the few magistrate judges I know we have on THR and APS.

Now the real cases against the two will begin and I'll be interested in seeing what the SA or DA will push for.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 05:46:07 AM »
i don't even want to read the article. it sounds bad enough from the title alone.

throw away the key.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 05:47:37 AM »
Dear God that hurts my heart.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 12:07:20 PM »
Prison has a way of leveling accounts particularly for child molesters and killers.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

2swap

• friend
  • : 4 5 ;
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »
Wow...  shocked

These 'people' deserve to be punished badly! I am at a lack of words for the complete lack of morals!

BTW: I didn't know that the Welt had an English edition...
: spin
  92 47 124 45 45 58 emit dup emit emit
  begin 8 emit dup emit swap 2swap key? until ;

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »
From the article it's clear that selling the child was just the first step in a chain of evil events. 
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 02:24:44 PM »
Prison has a way of leveling accounts particularly for child molesters and killers.

You hear this all the time.  Does it really, or is that just urban-legend kind of stuff?
Granted, though, it would be nice if true.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 03:09:45 PM »

You hear this all the time.  Does it really, or is that just urban-legend kind of stuff?

very  very real.
in fact if you should end up with a celly who has short eyes it becomes incumbant on you to do him. or you become a target. very brutal no compromises ettiquette.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

gregery

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 06:18:51 PM »
Yeah, heard about this on the radio on the way into work this morning, and I had to check it online to make sure it wasn't a sick joke.  The lady also had a 10 month old kid, and child care for that kid was one of the things she was looking for in return.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 06:31:01 PM »

Yes and no.  Prison guards WILL look the other way for a couple seconds, or respond to an incident a few seconds slower.  Nothing that could prove malice or negligence, but in prison, you can be dead in those few seconds.  Most child molesters did not grow up learning urban warfare in gangs from the age of 10 or 11.  Sure, some folks may narrow on a sex offender because they're a sex offender.  Usually it's just because they're easy meat.

Morally, I don't like 'prison justice'.  I do however firmly believe the death penalty should be allowed for clear cut rape (adult and child) cases.  Obviously not if there's a shadow of a doubt regarding guilt or innocence.  I personally think it's a worse crime than murder.  Killing someone is evil, but it's short.  Rape is a crime that damages the victim for the rest of that person's life. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 02:29:57 PM »

real enough that certain offenders are kept out of general pop.

think about it. your a street thug with kids you do love on the outside (we're going to ignore the fact that as a street thug your a terrible father, as that is a subject for another day) and a guy in the cell with you rape/murdered little kids just like yours. as a street thug, you have no moral delima about wiether its right or wrong to kick the sickos butt. and to top it off you stuck in a cell with nothing to do, a ton of overdeveloped aggression and your bored.

and thus child molestors don't really do well in prisons.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 02:43:05 PM »

Ask Jeffrey Dahmer.  Wink
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 05:17:53 PM »

real enough that certain offenders are kept out of general pop.

think about it. your a street thug with kids you do love on the outside (we're going to ignore the fact that as a street thug your a terrible father, as that is a subject for another day) and a guy in the cell with you rape/murdered little kids just like yours. as a street thug, you have no moral delima about wiether its right or wrong to kick the sickos butt. and to top it off you stuck in a cell with nothing to do, a ton of overdeveloped aggression and your bored.

and thus child molestors don't really do well in prisons.

and lets not forget that sober you hate yourself for not being able to takecare of and protect your kids. but you can make darn sure this one perv will never perv again. add that to instant hero status inside and you've got a recipe for real hurt
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2008, 01:55:03 AM »

Ask Jeffrey Dahmer.  Wink

Or John Geoghan.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).