Main Forums > The Mess Hall

In which I finally go to Trader Joe's and the end result is...

<< < (7/7)

brimic:
Every time I go into Costco, I spend way more than I planned.

Ben:
Costco has actually gotten a lot better over the last few years at "putting smalls into bigs". Instead of the Seinfeld 20lb can of tuna, you can buy six packs or whatever. That has helped me out a lot, because there was a lot of stuff I just didn't buy there because it was a "family of ten" single container that I could never use.

BlueStarLizzard:

--- Quote from: Mike Irwin on November 20, 2018, 12:26:03 PM ---My biggest complaint about TJ's is that they seem to seek out stores in shopping zones that have the WORST parking lots in the history of mankind. Too small, hard to get into and out of, and treacherous to maneuver seem to be the standards by which they select stores.

--- End quote ---

That's the one in Charlottesville. The Shops At Stonefield. It's got some places in there that I think I would like to shop, however, the whole thing is set up like a nightmare and it's always crowded. I hate these "downtown" theme shopping centers. Just give me an ugly strip mall, please.

And on another Trader Joe's item. A customer came by today and dropped us a box of Brandy Beans. It's a shell of chocolate with a shot of brandy inside. Not bad...

zxcvbob:

--- Quote from: bluestarlizzard on November 20, 2018, 06:09:09 PM ---That's the one in Charlottesville. The Shops At Stonefield. It's got some places in there that I think I would like to shop, however, the whole thing is set up like a nightmare and it's always crowded. I hate these "downtown" theme shopping centers. Just give me an ugly strip mall, please.

And on another Trader Joe's item. A customer came by today and dropped us a box of Brandy Beans. It's a shell of chocolate with a shot of brandy inside. Not bad...

--- End quote ---

I'd forgotten about those.  Yes, they are worth a trip to TJ's.  (cheap, too!)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version