Author Topic: Breaking news from CNN!  (Read 1764 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Breaking news from CNN!
« on: July 26, 2013, 11:04:56 AM »
Just got this "BreakingNews CNN" email from CNN:

What you'll see on the new 'Walking Dead'

Before heading to Comic-Con in San Diego last weekend, the cast members of "The Walking Dead" were each given a folder with talking points about the upcoming fourth season.
The folders contained information on what the actors could and couldn't say about the new episodes, which premieres October 13 on AMC. Although none of the actors could reveal the contents of the folders, it was clear that there are lots of secrets to be kept about where "The Walking Dead" will be headed when it returns.

Full Story >>>>

Nothing about the IRS, Benghazi, NSA, monitoring reporters phone calls, or Obama's $1.4 billion personal budget, though.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Breaking news from CNN!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 11:44:26 AM »
You know, it's come to the point where I would really rather deal with a zombie apocolypse as on "Walking Dead" than real politics.
The zombies have an excuse.  They're dead.
What's Obama's excuse?  He's an empty suit.
What's the big deal about the new Royal Baby?   OK they prince has a new son.  Does it require so much TV hoopla?
It's all bread and circuses.

As for Benghazi and all the other....ah, "phoney" scandals... the media is in the tank for Obama and they always have been and will be.  He won't be running for a third term so it isn't as important as it was a years ago or two years ago but there's still the 2014 elections to worry about.
If you keep bashing your head against a wall expecting fair play or a neutral press, you're dreaming.  Stop it.
You will feel better.  Like when you STOP bashing your head against the wall. 
The media are thoroughly corrupt.
And that's the truth.
Just. The. Way. It. Is.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 02:17:38 PM »
Oh, I know they are. It's just amazing to watch them. It's like watching a magician's left hand while he does a magic trick, and being surprised that the rest of the audience didn't see what you did.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 02:22:00 PM »
Oh, I know they are. It's just amazing to watch them. It's like watching a magician's left hand while he does a magic trick, and being surprised that the rest of the audience didn't see what you did.

Judging by the Trayvon Martin / George Zimmerman trial and jury interview process, I think most of America now realizes that bread and circuses is the name of the game.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 02:28:42 PM »
Judging by the Trayvon Martin / George Zimmerman trial and jury interview process, I think most of America now realizes that bread and circuses is the name of the game.

Ah no they don't since it is distracting the majority and if they do realize it and actively participate in it then they probably don't care.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 06:06:52 PM »

Judging by this, I think the zombie apocalypse has already begun....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Levant

• friend
Re: Re: Breaking news from CNN!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 07:37:10 PM »
I agree about fighting zombies. Fighting  and losing, fighting and even dying beats sitting and doing nothing. But dying for nothing is more pointless so we keep doing nothing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 10:02:31 PM »
The most recent poll I read showed that 80% of the public believes Zimmerman should be tried for a hate  crime.

Y'all give the public too much credit.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 11:20:28 PM »
The most recent poll I read showed that 80% of the public believes Zimmerman should be tried for a hate  crime.

Didn't some wag once state that "no one ever lost a dime by underestimating the intelligence of the American people?"
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 12:54:06 PM »

*expletive deleted*ck the public.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 01:07:55 PM »
Shouldn't Holder be investigated for violating George Zimmerman's civil rights? He took the man's property for a phony investigation into Z's state of mind, or his beliefs, or whatever. Doesn't Z have a right to be a racist (though DOJ has already said they can't find evidence of such), or to call 5-Oh on people he finds suspicious?

No, wait, that would be true in America, not the Obamanation.

Sorry.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife