Author Topic: Art, Part II  (Read 3126 times)

Unisaw

• friend
Art, Part II
« on: January 17, 2007, 01:09:15 PM »
SANTIAGO, Chile  "Bon appetit," said Chilean artist Marco Evaristti as he presented his friends with his newest creation: meatballs cooked with fat from his own body, extracted by liposuction.

"Ladies and gentleman, bon appetit and may god bless," said Evaristti, a glass in his hand, to his dining companions seated last Thursday night around a table in Santiago's Animal Gallery.

On the plates in front of them was a serving of agnolotti pasta and in the middle a meatball made with oil Evaristti removed from his body in a liposuction procedure last year.

"The question of whether or not to eat human flesh is more important than the result," he said, explaining the point of his creation.

"You are not a cannibal if you eat art," he added.

Evaristti produced 48 meatballs with his own fat, some of which would be canned and sold for $US4000 dollars for 10.

A veteran at shock-art, in an earlier work Evaristti invited people to kill fish by pressing the button on a blender the fish were held in.

In April 2004 he dyed an enormous iceberg in Greenland with red paint.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

cosine

• Administrator
Re: Art, Part II
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 01:13:03 PM »
Not art.

Andy

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 01:30:17 PM »
Sure it's art.

Just really, really sick art.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 01:32:24 PM »
Thanks a lot. I haven't eaten dinner yet.

Maybe I won't at all today.

Blech.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 01:47:09 PM »
"If I tell you what it is, you won't try it."
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 01:49:46 PM »
From now on, if you're going to do anything wierd, perverse, or just downright sick, just make sure everyone knows that it's art.  I'm going to go molest my sister now.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 01:52:34 PM »
It's not art, but so what?  I might be inclined to try it.  If it tastes good and is healthy, does it really matter where exactly it came from?  People have eaten far worse throughout history.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 10:05:27 PM »
It's neither Art, nor his grammaw. It's Marco.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 10:54:05 PM »
IMHO, one should only blenderize the fish if one intends to drink the results. It'd likely REALLY freak everyone out if someone did that... And now I'm about 25 years too smart to do that sorta thing again...

Blog under construction

mfree

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 05:19:56 AM »
I think this doesn't quite reach art but sure as heck matches social experimentation. It's right on line with... where was it, Ohio U? Where they had volunteers play prisoners and prison guards and eventually someone got beaten up after a suggestion.

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 05:21:53 AM »
I do not often speak of it, but I have been producing high quality works of art for some time now; decades.  Most of my work is in a brown, moldable, highly fragrant medium, floating in a tranquil pool of colored water.  Though my work has many deep meanings I would like to share with the world, my art is necessarily fleeting in nature.  Its main message is the transience of beauty and of life itself.  For this reason, after a short interval to reflect on the piece, each one is "flushed," as a I call it, and forever destroyed. 

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 05:27:57 AM »
 cheesy

OK, now THAT'S pricless...

Avoid cliches like the plague!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 05:45:58 AM »
welcome to 1961 Eleven Mike

Piero Manzoni
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 05:47:59 AM »
I guess in the minds of some, "art" is synonymous with "grotesque" or "perverse" . . . (we really need the :barf: smiley . . . )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Eleven Mike

• friends
  • All your desert are belong to us.
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 08:00:41 AM »
Harold, why must you insult my art?  My installations are not ugly cans full of fecal samples packed tightly together by corporate drones. 

You Phillipine!

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 09:23:19 AM »
yes, but does yours explode creating a dichotomy conundrum for the art archivist?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piero_Manzoni
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

crt360

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 12:34:37 PM »
I do not often speak of it, but I have been producing high quality works of art for some time now; decades.  Most of my work is in a brown, moldable, highly fragrant medium, floating in a tranquil pool of colored water.  Though my work has many deep meanings I would like to share with the world, my art is necessarily fleeting in nature.  Its main message is the transience of beauty and of life itself.  For this reason, after a short interval to reflect on the piece, each one is "flushed," as a I call it, and forever destroyed. 

laugh laugh laugh
For entertainment purposes only.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 12:38:38 PM »

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2007, 07:45:10 PM »
I do not often speak of it,

And we appreciate it.

Actually it reminded me of a short story written by Steve Martin.  It's in his book, Cruel Shoes, and it's called "The Bohemians".  Highly recommended.  grin
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 08:08:40 PM »
I might still have that book.  An odd man, Martin.  The shoes themselves were unforgetable, what with the razor blades sticking into the toes and all.   shocked 

Mike's artwork reminds me of something Steinbeck wrote about a very artistic family.  The father woke up every morning and made a very artistic arrangement of small hairs in the bathroom sink.  I think it was in Cannery Row, about the father of Henri the artist. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife