Author Topic: va beach this weekend  (Read 565 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
va beach this weekend
« on: March 07, 2011, 05:55:23 PM »
whats biting? what bait?  any kid type events going on?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: va beach this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:20:19 PM »
A little late for striper. Might be some around.  Really, this early in March is a crappy time to fish there.  Give it another month and the flounder and croaker start showing up.
Shad could possibly be running, though.
www.tidalfish.com has a good forum with alot of lower bay web traffic.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

grislyatoms

• friends
Re: va beach this weekend
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 09:17:23 PM »
That's my home. I miss it. Like, lots.  =|

West side of the Bay-Bridge tunnel, about midway between the first and second island, bounce a spoon along the bottom and if you don't get some speckled trout I'll be surprised. Even at this time of year.

Cut up some bloodworms/hook 'em on a bottom rig and you'll get spot just about anywhere, and they are fine eating fried in cornmeal with collards and hush puppies.

If you can wait a few weeks the bluefish will run down in N.C./Oregon Inlet. That's fine fishing. Blues are good, you just have to watch out for their darker meat. It's pretty easy to remove, it's just by their skin.  It's pretty strongly flavored, but I eat it anyway. Baked bluefish with butter and Old Bay, a casserole of au gratin potatoes, and a platter of sliced garden tomatoes with salt and pepper and washed down with sweet iced tea was a staple in our home when I was growing up. Good stuff. To me, there is no finer fare anywhere. (well, maybe rockfish/stripers but that's a whole 'nother season).

Good luck and have a safe trip.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:20:24 PM by grislyatoms »
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot