Author Topic: VA IRRRL loan program: good idea?  (Read 893 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
VA IRRRL loan program: good idea?
« on: June 21, 2013, 09:45:14 PM »
I've been bombarded with junk mail trying to get me to refi via this program. Never considered it before, but with another baby on the way a smaller monthly payment is appealing. A quick google shows it is an actual VA program, and I don't need to pay a funding fee since I'm officially gimpy ie receive disability compensation. So, any thoughts on if it's worthwhile to look into?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: VA IRRRL loan program: good idea?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 08:56:44 AM »
I did a no fee VA refinance. Was quite easy and painless

That said, institutions vary. Do your homework when selecting a bank to do the program through
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

dogmush

• friend
Re: VA IRRRL loan program: good idea?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 09:04:36 AM »
I recently did a VA refi of my original (VA loan).  Smooth, painless and no fees for me either.  I would shop around institutions a little, because judging by my junk mail there's some crazy incentives from the VA to the Lenders.  They seem frantic to get these refi's.

FWIW I went with Quicken Loans because I already had history with them and their customer service was pretty good.

There's no real downside to the borrower on these.