Author Topic: Utah Needs to Change an Agency Name  (Read 457 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Utah Needs to Change an Agency Name
« on: May 20, 2021, 10:31:29 AM »
Well, or put their CCW stuff under another agency name. I just got my Utah non-resident renewal, and the envelope is marked from the Department of Criminal Investigation. First world problem, but I can't help but think what my mail lady thinks when she drops my mail off.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Utah Needs to Change an Agency Name
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 10:45:55 AM »
She is no doubt concerned you're a cereal murderer. [popcorn]  :rofl:  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 10:45:55 PM »
She probably thinks you're a retired investigator. In your prime, you were the best of the best. But the things you saw - the brutality, the corruption, the greed - it took its toll. At first, you took it out on the suspects. They were low-life scum, and deserved it. Then, you took to the bottle. Finally, you drove away everyone and everything that meant anything at all to you. Your family, your friends, your hot, Ukrainian partner. Finally, even the UDCI wanted nothing to do with you...

...or so they thought. Now, after 2 years clean, you're free. Free of the booze. Free of the job that dragged you down. You're out. But they're trying to drag you back in.

"We need you, Ben. It's the Hatch River killer. We think he's back to his old ways. And only you can track him down."

You put down the phone, and gaze toward the distant mountains...

Or something like that. I think your mail lady has a crush on you, dude.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 10:50:34 PM »
^ Poolitzer Preiswerthy.

But not one "the gun bucked in his hand."  You need to put a "the gun bucked in his hand" in there.  At least one.

Ian Spilaine, 230RN
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 11:02:50 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 11:22:15 PM »
Wow, perd. Thats a lot better than what I was thinking, which was "parolee"  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2021, 09:14:36 AM »
Perd, that brought a manly tear to my eye.  Of course, it may be from the cataract surgery yesterday, but still.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 10:03:49 AM »
She probably thinks you're a retired investigator. In your prime, you were the best of the best. But the things you saw - the brutality, the corruption, the greed - it took its toll. At first, you took it out on the suspects. They were low-life scum, and deserved it. Then, you took to the bottle. Finally, you drove away everyone and everything that meant anything at all to you. Your family, your friends, your hot, Ukrainian partner. Finally, even the UDCI wanted nothing to do with you...

...or so they thought. Now, after 2 years clean, you're free. Free of the booze. Free of the job that dragged you down. You're out. But they're trying to drag you back in.

"We need you, Ben. It's the Hatch River killer. We think he's back to his old ways. And only you can track him down."

You put down the phone, and gaze toward the distant mountains...

Or something like that. I think your mail lady has a crush on you, dude.

Author John Connor got nothing on you, Purd!

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood