Main Forums > The Roundtable

Man bites dog; deer carries rifle

<< < (3/4) > >>

MechAg94:

--- Quote ---The gun wasn’t loaded at the time, the hunter told police. Nevertheless, he was forced to declare the weapon missing under the Czech Republic’s Firearms and Ammunition Act. Police noted, however, that this declaration is usually made by hunters who accidentally leave their rifles on the hood of their car when driving home from a hunting trip.
--- End quote ---

It occurs to me that this is an opportunity to expand our portfolio of reasons we no longer own any evil black rifles.   =D  I don't own a boat anyway.

230RN:
"...who accidentally leave their rifles on the hood of their car when driving home from a hunting trip."

I used to lose my cane off the roof of my car fairly often, but almost every time, I heard it banging around on the pavement as I drove off.

I finally got a rush of brains to the head and made a rule that nothing ever goes on the roof of the car, ever, nothing, get it?

Having posted that once, a bunch of people chimed in with how they lost things that way including cameras and cell phones, and some other pretty high dollar items.

WLJ:

--- Quote from: MechAg94 on November 27, 2020, 11:13:58 PM ---It occurs to me that this is an opportunity to expand our portfolio of reasons we no longer own any evil black rifles.   =D  I don't own a boat anyway.

--- End quote ---

How would you explain what the deer was doing on the boat anyway? The deer was driving the boat, I swear.

MechAg94:

--- Quote from: WLJ on November 27, 2020, 11:51:58 PM ---How would you explain what the deer was doing on the boat anyway? The deer was driving the boat, I swear.

--- End quote ---
Well, I was drinking and she looked like a deer. 

charby:
I get the sarcasm, but honestly if high power rifle was legal for deer here, I probably wouldn't use anything smaller than a .243 Win. Actually nothing smaller anywhere, to be honest. I've probably killed somewhere between 40 and 50 whitetail deer, I prefer not to shoot them in the neck or head because the heart/lungs are is a bigger target to hit and most deer don't stand still very long once the gun seasons open up here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version