Author Topic: ArmaLite  (Read 5061 times)

Frank Castle

• friend
ArmaLite
« on: February 18, 2013, 07:13:10 PM »
Please do not misunderstand me: ArmaLite will not abandon its main customers. Civilian gun owners. We will provide whatever material we can in those states that act like New York.

But we have a lot of good friends in Law Enforcement. Law Enforcement officers are overwhelmingly supportive of our gun rights. They have a hard mission sometimes and deserve our support. We'll supply them under the same terms as our civilian customers: whatever we can. We did so during the AWB.

You've raised a good question though. If we have reason to believe that an officer is a member of an organization that is detrimental to our beliefs, we will not supply that officer.

Yes, it would be simpler to say "No LE sales into a ban state." But that isn't realistic. Most rifle owners are pro-law enforcement. Many of you have friends on various departments and I'm sure you wouldn't deny them the rifles they deserve. I personally have serving friends in various Police departments and I won't deny them good equipment bought out of their own pockets.

Supporting the good guys, civilian and Police, is consistent. It may not always be easy, but I think it's the right thing to do.

But Brother Cuomo needn't come shopping.

Regards,
Mark Westrom

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Armalite/64911537585

dogmush

• friend
Re: ArmaLite
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 07:54:04 PM »
Eh. Fence sitting. I'm unimpressed. If the only reason a LEO can buy a product (regardless of funding source) is a LEO exemption, then they shouldn't have it. Too much crap stems from special classes of people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:05:26 PM »
Did that say they would only sell post ban rifles in ban states?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:11:09 PM »
So....if this means Armalite is selling stuff to LEO's that civilians in that state can't own, I have a big problem with that.

If I wasn't already not going to buy from them, I probably would boycott them....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 09:12:06 PM »
Wait, aren't they saying is that they will sell to individual officers, but only what is legal for "civilians"?

edit:
Quote from: seeker_two
...if this means Armalite is selling stuff to LEO's that civilians in that state can't own, I have a big problem with that.

If that is what they mean, BOYCOTT.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:15:44 PM by Blakenzy »
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 09:23:14 PM »
Eh. Fence sitting. I'm unimpressed.

May that fence have sharp pointy bits sticking up.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 09:42:00 PM »
Oh c'mon, it isn't like the police are civilians like us, they are serving!

They are MORE equal  :P
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 10:25:33 PM »
armalite facebook presence is gone
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 10:25:56 PM »
This will hurt them.

Arfcom is in flames over it in Armalite's industry sub-forum.

And honestly, I suspect Armalite's LEO/MIL sales are a fraction of their civilian ones. In trying to please everyone, they're going to please no one.
I promise not to duck.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 10:59:08 PM »
Some subcultures are still operating under the delusion we are a nation of law not men  :lol:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 11:23:55 PM »
While I agree that a good number of non-management (and even management and elected positions) police are supportive of gun rights, I think Armalite is misrepresenting how those individual officers might feel about the inability to purchase Armalite's goods.

If the individual officers support gun rights, I would hope they think like me and many gun owners I know. As a resident of CA I fully support gun industry decisions not to make goods and services available to CA. Yes, it hurts me a bit in my inability to purchase some things, but I recognize it as a greater good in the fight to preserve our rights. The individual, freedom supporting officers Armalite talks about, would, I hope concur.

I have found one of the primary holes in our gun rights armor is the "law enforcement exemption". Individual police officers who support gun rights should not support that exemption, and they should make it known to their unions and their management.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 11:47:41 PM »
Armalite will not be missed.

Far better products and companies to buy from. Viva la Capitalism! Viva la RKBA!

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 06:14:23 AM »
Yes, it would be simpler to say "No LE sales into a ban state. Most rifle owners are pro-law enforcement. Many of you have friends on various departments and I'm sure you wouldn't deny them the rifles they deserve. " But that isn't realistic.
Translation: "That would cut into our profits. And our calculation is that prospective private gun owners won't boycott us even if we keep selling things to government that government has banned for John Q. Public."

I just took Armalite off my short list of possible vendors for my next rifle.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 07:54:56 AM »
Or it was some PR flak trying to provide some double speak answer.  I guess we'll see.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 08:53:16 AM »
Does anyone buy Armalite rifles anymore anyhow?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2013, 09:12:24 AM »
The Irish Republican Army.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2013, 09:49:00 AM »
despite their clamed legacy, it was a brand name bought from the orginal holder

they sold 9562 rifles in 2010 and they have the contract for Illinois state patrol rifles.

chicago politics?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 10:06:56 AM »

I have a friend shooting an Armalite National Match AR-15 in High Power.

He won't be a repeat customer after this, and he mentors new shooters into High Power.  They won't be buying Armalites.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 10:09:18 AM »
despite their clamed legacy, it was a brand name bought from the orginal holder

they sold 9562 rifles in 2010 and they have the contract for Illinois state patrol rifles.

chicago politics?

Typical, cheap cops buying inferior rifles...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 04:00:28 PM »
I have a friend shooting an Armalite National Match AR-15 in High Power.

I know they made good NM rifles 15 or so years ago- I was looking at them then, but they seem to have fallen off the map in the last decade.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 04:08:01 PM »
I know they made good NM rifles 15 or so years ago- I was looking at them then, but they seem to have fallen off the map in the last decade.

Good enough that he is still about 5 points ahead of me with me shooting a White Oak, though he's been stalled at the 91-92% range for about a year now and I've climbed from 87% to 91% in the last year upon getting my WOA.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 04:19:46 PM »
I had an Armalite rifle up until recently.  It was my first AR and also the only one I ever bought as a complete rifle.  Sold it a few months ago.  I was happy to get just a little more than I paid.  It wasn't a bad rifle though I note that with my Rock River and Sabre Defense uppers, the bolt carrier moves a bit more smoothly in the upper receiver. 

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 04:50:35 PM »
But we have a lot of good friends in Law Enforcement. Law Enforcement officers are overwhelmingly supportive of our gun rights. They have a hard mission sometimes and deserve our support. We'll supply them under the same terms as our civilian customers: whatever we can. We did so during the AWB.

If they were supportive of gun rights, they wouldn't mind not having rifles that no one else could get. Otherwise, they're not exactly into that whole equal treatment or gun rights thing

And obviously, Armalite did NOT support the same weapons to non-LEO civilians as they did to LEO civilians.

Hey, they have a right to make a business decision. Can't say I honestly planned on throwing them business in the near future, but I can say it'll nudge me towards more supportive vendors.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 06:10:52 PM »
I'm mentally making a list. York will get my next lower purchase, and for $275 i might skip machining a  .22 supressor and grab theirs. DD has finished the job of becoming my go to source for high end AR toys. Magpul for furniture. This kind of thing is going to mean several thousand dollars just from me in the next couple years.

And I'll bet I'm not the only one.