Author Topic: ****** Ruger Issues Product Safety Bulletin for the SR22 Pistol ******  (Read 354 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Ruger has discovered that a small number of SR22® pistols may have right and left frame inserts that are not properly secured together. In rare circumstances, this condition may render certain internal safety mechanisms ineffective and the pistol has the potential to discharge upon decocking. Pistols that may be exhibiting this condition will intermittently exhibit a “slack” single-action trigger.
Potentially affected pistols include any SR22 pistol with a serial number of 369-40078 or lower (including all SR22 pistols with a “SS” prefix). If your SR22 pistol has ever exhibited one of the conditions described above, you should immediately stop using your pistol and sign up for the Safety Retrofit as outlined in the Safety Bulletin. If you have never experienced either condition, your pistol is not affected by this Safety Bulletin.

Ruger Issues Product Safety Bulletin for the SR22 Pistol
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/04/05/ruger-product-safety-sr22/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Thanks.  I know someone who may still have one of those.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
I never got used to that click when the hammer fell on a PPK. And the switchover from double to single action always threw me.

I have a waist-high shelf on a bookcase which I filled with about 25" of old worthless books. I point the gun at the shelf from the side whenever I'm doing anything delicate with a loaded firearm.

About 0.8 on a scale of zero to perfect.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 04:12:43 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
I’ll check mine this afternoon thanks
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!