Author Topic: Calvin Coolidge = Ron Paul?  (Read 1436 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Calvin Coolidge = Ron Paul?
« on: September 08, 2011, 02:13:57 PM »
“Let this nation, under your influence, be a finer nation. Resolve that the sacrifices by which your great opportunities have been purchased will be matched by a sacrifice, on your part, that will give your children even a better chance.”

Calvin Coolidge

Stolen from makattak's sig line.

Coolidge has long been one of my favorite Presidents.  For doing danged-near nothing.  That is a massive accomplishment for a POTUS, IMO.

But the talk of sacrifice pricked me in the heart a bit, when I read it.  There is no honor for the sacrifices of the past he mentions that make our opportunities available to us... and we dishonor our own legacy by enslaving the unborn.  So much of what our government champions as "accomplishment" is merely indentured servitude of our unborn.  There is no sacrifice on the part of the living electorate for what we get... we are robbing from our posterity.

=(
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:13:50 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!