Author Topic: Dem. fake news operation  (Read 608 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Dem. fake news operation
« on: October 09, 2022, 11:32:29 AM »
https://www.axios.com/newsletters/axios-sneak-peek-a852a159-eeaf-470c-97af-c725f1be7146.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiossneakpeek&stream=top

Writers for a D.C.-based media operation run by prominent Democratic operatives are behind a sprawling network of ostensible local media outlets churning out Democrat-aligned news content in midterm battleground states, Axios' Lachlan Markay and Thomas Wheatley have learned.

Each follows a similar template: aggregated local news content and short write-ups about local sports teams and attractions — interspersed with heavily slanted political news aimed at boosting Democratic midterm candidates and attacking Republican opponents.

What they do offer is a steady stream of friendly — and sometimes misrepresented — news coverage that can be touted by political allies.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Dem. fake news operation
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 10:13:40 PM »
Why when most of the MSM already do it for free?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 06:53:49 AM »
I just wonder how they're able to have thousands of outlets/bots all on the same page regarding using the same phrasing, etc... A week or so ago, it was all about "chipping in" to stop Trump...
Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 09:31:52 AM »
Why when most of the MSM already do it for free?

I think the difference is that this is disguised as your local, hometown newspaper, instead of coming from the big city.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 09:50:20 AM »
I think the difference is that this is disguised as your local, hometown newspaper, instead of coming from the big city.

It seems like that's all "hometown" newspapers and TV stations anymore. We often post the youtube video here of all the "local" TV stations giving the exact same story with the exact same words and hot button phrases.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."