Author Topic: Democrats seen as bigger threat to democracy  (Read 548 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Democrats seen as bigger threat to democracy
« on: October 19, 2022, 03:25:29 PM »
This seemed to me like a hopeful sign that some sanity remains in our politics, and the propaganda is perhaps not as effective as it was 2 years ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/10/18/democrats-2022-threat-democracy-poll/

A New York Times/Siena College poll shows that 45 percent of Americans regard Trump as a “major” threat to democracy, while just 28 percent say the same of the GOP.

That 28 percent figure is actually smaller than the percentage who view the Democratic Party as a threat to democracy (33 percent)….

The poll shows that 71 percent of Trump 2020 voters regard Democrats as a major threat to democracy. But just 52 percent of Biden voters say the same about the GOP.

And independents are significantly more likely to view Democrats as a major threat than Republicans. Although more than 6 in 10 view each party as at least a minor threat, just 23 percent view the GOP as a major threat, while 31 percent say the same of Democrats. Independents are actually more likely to view voting by mail as a major threat to democracy (31 percent) than the GOP.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 04:51:37 PM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Democrats seen as bigger threat to democracy
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 03:39:37 PM »
A threat to the longevity of the Democratic Party is not necessarily a threat to Democracy.
Blog under construction

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 09:42:03 PM »
When I read the phrase "our democracy" I am pretty sure they are excluding me as part of the "our."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2022, 09:46:56 PM »
Democratic People's Republic of Korea

yeah.....

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes