Author Topic: Yamaha XT 225  (Read 1589 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
Yamaha XT 225
« on: June 07, 2005, 08:32:59 PM »

I think I'm getting a bike, I want it mainly for off road, but need it as backup transport. I got a reccomendation for this model from a cousin who's heavy into biking. Anybody else have suggestions regarding other brands that offer similar models?
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

atek3

• friend
    • http://www.geocities.com/atek128/Welcome.html
Yamaha XT 225
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 07:23:36 AM »
get this ('zuki drz 400):

and two sets of wheels.  Have street tires for street, and knobbies for off road.

atek3

Outrigger

Yamaha XT 225
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 12:24:39 AM »
I also just picked up a Suzuki DRZ-400 S. Loads of fun, 60 miles to the gallon. I commute with it, about 35 miles, 25 of which is dirt raods. FUN. Seemed to me you get more bang for the buck with Suzuki over Yamaha.

Yamaha XT 225
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 05:05:34 PM »
The xt225 and the drz400- both great bikes- the 225 is way lower, if you have really short legs you will like it- an ideal beginer bike. The drz is a much more modern design, tons of suspension travel, and probably the closest thing to a real street legal dirt bike available in this country. If you have short legs on this one , get used to the dirt bike dismount- sliding to one side of the seat to put one foot down at a stop. Try 'em on for size- you will grow out of the XT was faster.

Marshall

Yamaha XT 225
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 06:06:18 AM »
Want the second fastest street legal dirt bike out there?

Honda XR650L

Yes, the headlight and blinkers make this bike street-legal. But if you stick only to the asphalt, the XR650L is gonna get restless. Make no mistake, this is a Baja-ready, 644cc direct machine. Did we also mention that it's street-legal?
MSRP $5,799.00

OK, the fastest. Use hand signals, no blinkers and, figure a way to hang the liscence plate.
Honda XR650R

The undisputed king of the desert: multi-time Baja champ XR650R. Does its lightweight aluminum frame and potent liquid-cooled engine have anything to do with it? You better believe it. It's not just a premier open-class, four-stroke dirt bike. It's THE premier open-class, four-stroke dirt bike. Period.
MSRP $6,299.00

Not enough money, need to spend more?
Husqvarna TE 510 Centennial

After 100 years of producing world class motorcycles, the craftsmen at Husqvarna have celebrated by creating what will surely become a legend in the world of off-road motorcycles. The Husqvarna TE 510 Centennial is a modern motorcycle masterpiece combining historic styling with cutting edge race technology.

MSRP $19,500.00
Marshall

InfidelSerf

• friend
Yamaha XT 225
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 06:20:27 AM »
Dang nice Husky there.  Of course I'd like a KTM Duke too
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76