Author Topic: Remember the 12 year old boy that was mauled by the pet dog?  (Read 1840 times)

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/12/fataldog.mauling.ap/index.html

Methinks that the mother oughta be charged in this one.  Appearantly, she locked the boy in the basement while she went out to do errands, because she was afraid that the dogs might hurt him (why wern't the DOGS locked in the basement???).  Furthermore, she simply thinks it was his time to go angry

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- The mother of a 12-year-old boy killed in his own home by one of the family's two pit bulls says she had been so concerned about one of the dogs that she shut her son in the basement to protect him.

Maureen Faibish said she ordered Nicholas to stay in the basement while she did errands on June 3, the day he was attacked by one or both of the dogs.

She said she was worried about the male dog, Rex, who was acting possessive because the female, Ella, was in heat.

"I put him down there, with a shovel on the door," Faibish said in an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle. "And I told him: 'Stay down there until I come back.' Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me."

Nicholas apparently found a way to open the basement door.

Despite her concerns about Rex that day, Faibish told the newspaper: "My kids got along great with (the dogs). We were never seeing any kind of violent tendencies."

Faibish found her son's body in a bedroom. He was covered in blood from several wounds, including a major head injury.

No charges have been filed.

"It's Nicky's time to go," she said in the interview. "When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time."

Ella was shot to death by a police officer the day of the attack.

Rex was taken to a shelter, but Faibish said she wanted him put down.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

TarpleyG

• friend
Remember the 12 year old boy that was mauled by the pet dog?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 02:45:52 PM »
When you're born you're destined to go and this was his time
Must be speaking Kalifornese or something.

Greg

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 06:30:24 PM »
They're putting the wrong dog down.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

nico

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 07:22:27 PM »
I completely agree Mike.  Any parent who would leave their child home alone with two dogs they thought were dangerous should be locked up.  Maybe this woman should spend some time with an angry pit bull so she can learn a little empathy for her poor child.  Maybe it was his time to go, but she chose the manner of death.

Bemidjiblade

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 07:59:27 PM »
Wow!

Political Correctness gone WAY too far here.

If she had come home and found that the 7th grade boy had beaten both of her dogs to death with a tire iron, she'd probably disown the kid.

She comes home and her dog has half-eaten her boy because she couldn't spay the other dog, and it was "just the boy's time."

angry

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 02:28:32 AM »
Hmmm&the whole situation is suspicious to me. That creature (the mother) left her child alone while she "did errands," left him alone in the house with 2 pit bulls, one in heat & the other "acting possessive," claiming to have locked the boy (instead of the dogs) in the basement while knowing "Typical Nicky, he wouldn't listen to me." I find her statements about the loss of her son callous.
The mother would be facing serious charges if her son happened to have had an accident with a loaded firearm, but death from some other form of negligent stupidity results in no charges being filed.
My heart goes out to the kid.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 09:43:01 AM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
They're putting the wrong dog down.
Got that right!  I don't know many kids that would voluntarily stay locked in the basement.  I would have tried to get out.  I hope they charge this mother with murder, or at least manslaughter.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

Bemidjiblade

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 12:28:10 PM »
12 years old.  I would have been in 7th grade.  Um... you wanted to lock me WHERE?!  Good luck.  I knew how to use doors when I was 2.  10 years too late lady.

Reality and this woman are not friends.  Too many Disney movies, Lady and the Tramp or something.

WHY isn't this woman in prison?

bountyhunter

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 02:53:21 PM »
Quote from: jefnvk
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/12/fataldog.mauling.ap/index.html

Methinks that the mother oughta be charged in this one.
She will be.  Give it some time.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 07:41:53 AM »
Thankfully, she is being charged.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/24/dog.mauling.ap/index.html

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- The mother of a 12-year-old boy fatally mauled by the family's pit bulls was charged Thursday with child endangerment.

Nicholas Faibish was killed June 3 by one or both of the family dogs when his mother went out to run errands.

Maureen Faibish, 39, found her son in a bedroom, covered in blood from several wounds, including a major head injury.

One of the dogs was shot and killed by a police officer shortly after the attack. The other remains in animal control custody.

"His parent made the decision to leave (Nicholas) alone in a situation that endangered his life and ultimately led to his death," prosecutor Kamala Harris said in a statement.

Maureen Faibish told the San Francisco Chronicle she had been so concerned about one of the dogs that she shut her son in the basement to protect him. She said the male dog was acting possessively because the female was in heat.

An arraignment will be scheduled for next week. Faibish faces a maximum ten years in prison if convicted.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'