Author Topic: The Devil Reverend Phelps pickets Funerals of Fallen Soldiers  (Read 12726 times)

grampster

• friend
The Devil Reverend Phelps pickets Funerals of Fallen Soldiers
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2005, 06:40:58 AM »
The value to guys like Phelps is that maybe, just maybe, those that find themselves in his scurrilous path, begin to wonder about whether Christianity could be so...well...full of hatred.  Then maybe they check it out and maybe they find out how wrong he is and as a bonus, find the truth for themselves.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Bruce H

« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2005, 06:11:42 PM »
Here is a list of the family tree. Don't know about present accuracy because I borrowed this from another site.

CAST OF CHARACTERS AND PHELPS FAMILY TREE
Reverend Fred Phelps: lawyer and Baptist minister; head of the Westboro Baptist Church; 64 years old. Disbarred.

Marge Phelps: wife of Fred; mother of his 13 children; 68 years old. WBC member.

1. Fred Phelps, Jr.: lawyer and employee at the Kansas Department of Corrections; 40 years old. Oldest son. WBC member.

Betty Phelps (Schurle): wife of Fred, Jr.; lawyer and owner-operator of a day-care home; 41 years old. WBC member.

2. ***Mark Phelps: businessman in Southern California; estranged from the family cult; 39 years old. 2nd son.

Luava Phelps (Sundgren): wife of Mark; childhood sweetheart; 36 years old.

3. ***Katherine Phelps: lawyer; suspended from the bar; living on welfare; 38 years-old; oldest daughter. Not in WBC.

4. Margie Phelps: lawyer and employee of the Kansas Department of Corrections; 37 years old; 2nd daughter. WBC member.

5. Shirley Phelps-Roper: lawyer at Phelps Chartered; 36 years old; 3rd daughter. WBC member.

Brent Roper: husband of Shirley; lawyer and businessman in Topeka; 30 years old; WBC member.

6. ***Nate Phelps: businessman in Southern California; estranged from family cult; 35 years old. 3rd son.

7. Jonathon Phelps: lawyer; 4th son; 34 years old; WBC member. Paulette Phelps (Ossiander): wife of Jonathon; 33 years old; high school graduate; WBC member.

8. Rebekah Phelps-Davis: lawyer at Phelps Chartered; 32 years old; 4th daughter; WBC member.

Chris Davis: husband to Rebekah; 38 years old; raised from childhood in the WBC.

9. Elizabeth Phelps: lawyer at Phelps Chartered; night house manager staff at Sheltered Living, Inc. Topeka; 31 years old; 5th daughter; WBC member. Former counsel for the Shawnee County Sheriff's Department.

10. Timothy Phelps: lawyer and employee of the Shawnee County Department of Corrections; 30 years old; 5th son; WBC member.

Lee Ann Phelps (Brown): wife of Timothy; lawyer and employee of Shawnee County Sheriff's Department; 27 years old; WBC member.

11.***Dorotha Bird (Phelps): lawyer practicing independently in Topeka; 6th daughter; not a WBC member; changed her last name to avoid family's notoriety. 29 years old.

12. Rachel Phelps: lawyer at Phelps Chartered; YMCA fitness instructor; 28 years old; 7th daughter; WBC member.

13. Abigail Phelps: lawyer and employee at SRS-Youth and Adult Services, Juvenile Offender Program; 25 years old; 8th daughter; WBC member.  

Not that it is particualrly pertinant but there are sure a lot of lawyers in this family.
It is possible to always be wrong.

Zundfolge

• friend
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2005, 07:31:58 PM »
Fun fact about Rev. Phelps:

Recently he and his crew where in town protesting at Focus on the Family headquarters because they are apparently "pro-gay" ... at the same time there was a gay group protesting at  Focus on the Family headquarters because apparently they are "anti-gay".

How screwy is that?

Strings

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2005, 07:35:41 PM »
Zundfolge... I always THOUGHT the saying went: "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Maybe they didn't get the memo?

Strings

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2005, 07:40:39 PM »
Sounds like a Celebrety Death Match that *I* would pay to see... Cheesy

Think we could somehow arrange it?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2005, 06:07:50 AM »
Most interestingly, according to wikipedia, Phelps traveled to Iraq on invitation of Saddam in order to protest the united states.

Chris

« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2005, 09:51:57 AM »
I have had teh misfortune to have dealt with a Phelps type from here in mid-Ohio once in the past.  Professionally.  I was participating in the prosecution of a child molestor, a male molesting young boys.  Turns out he was also a volunteer at Big Brothers/Big Sisters.  Nasty case.

Anyways, God's little worker bee caught me outside the courthouse with half a dozen of his follower bees, and television and newspaper reporters.  tried to thank me for doing God's work to get rid of teh "fags who want to take our children."  What did I do?  Turned and walked away, leaving him standing there with his hand out.  Local reporter asked me about it, and I ignored the question.

Ignore people like this, and they go away.  It's all about the attention.

SalukiFan

• friend
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2005, 12:43:22 PM »
I'll be in Chicago for Gay Pride on Sunday.  I'm sure Phelps's church people will be there as they show up every year. I emailed Pink Pistols to march with them but they never emailed back (bummer) so I'll be marching with my fellow Reconstructionist Jews instead, which I'm sure the Phelps people will love.  Don't worry folks, I'll make sure to wave to them for all of you.... Wink

Paddy

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2005, 12:49:22 PM »
Phelps is 76. He will be dead soon and will descend into hell with others like him.  I wonder if he'll be surprised?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2005, 03:02:18 PM »
It's a real shame he gets to die of natural causes.
Not really.  They'll just spin it so that they can blame it on their detractors.  Let him die of old age, forgotten, senile and in his own filth.  A more fitting end...

Chris

Bruce H

« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2005, 04:12:13 PM »
The best thing for a hatemonger like Phelps is to be blown up like the cockeroach in Men In Black. They both thrive on carnage.
It is possible to always be wrong.

Strings

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2005, 07:41:24 PM »
Well... I could add a little bit to the perfection of him dying "of old age, forgotten, senile and in his own filth". Afterward, people asking where his followers can hear "so who was this guy? Never heard of him."