Author Topic: We're all going to die! Again  (Read 561 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
We're all going to die! Again
« on: July 23, 2022, 04:32:40 PM »
Now we're all going to died from microbes that have been trapped in Tibetan glaciers melting because of climate change.
Wonder if the person who wrote this remembered that glaciers flow and have been routinely releasing frozen microbes for billions of years? Na, can't spoil a good panic.

Microbes Trapped in Tibetan Glacier May Spark New Pandemics
https://greekreporter.com/2022/07/07/potential-pandemics-of-tibetan-glacier-microbes/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: We're all going to die! Again
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 05:15:36 PM »
 I will never trust a Tibetan glacier again
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 05:41:39 PM »
Uh oh . . .

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 05:56:00 PM »
I don't remember us all dying when the polar ice caps melt away over twenty years ago. My memory is not what it used to be.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

griz

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 07:00:13 PM »
When the polar ice caps melted it didn't kill everybody, some it just affected their memory. 
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2022, 08:56:55 PM »
I don't remember us all dying when the polar ice caps melt away over twenty years ago. My memory is not what it used to be.
Um . . . didn't we all die when the Mayan calendar ended back in 2012? Or am I confusing this with Nobel prize winner Al Gore's assertion in 2006 that the world would end in 10 years (meaning 2016) due to global warming?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2022, 09:54:53 PM »
The Universal Powers have released these microbes to get even with China for releasing Covid19.  :mad:  >:D

The Universal Powers work in mysterious ways.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2022, 01:16:41 PM »
I think I am more concerned by what researchers somewhere might engineer in order to study these viruses.  The article did say they sequenced the DNA.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2022, 10:43:59 PM »
You bigots can have your little thawed microbe crisis,  I'm living the high life on my new beachfront West Virginia property.  The eastern seaboard is gone just like they said it would be..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.