Author Topic: What's next, Loaves and Fishes ??  (Read 22586 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
What's next, Loaves and Fishes ??
« on: February 10, 2009, 10:46:01 PM »
It's scary that some of my fellow Americans think that the president can grant wishes and solve all their problems.  (That they are too lazy to solve themselves.....) 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-88Il-4nby0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01MNZBTt4K4

Have we really sunk this far ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: What's next, Loaves and Fishes ??
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 11:30:39 PM »
Reminds me of a game show, something like "The Price is Right."

Was that town hall meeting held at a mental facility? A guy who's been working at McDonalds for 4 1/2 years and can't get a better job doesn't have all his dogs barking.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 12:33:05 AM »
Reminds me of a game show, something like "The Price is Right."

Was that town hall meeting held at a mental facility? A guy who's been working at McDonalds for 4 1/2 years and can't get a better job doesn't have all his dogs barking.

He's also a freshman in college... showing at least "some" initiative.  Supposedly.

4 1/2 years at the same job, any job?  Shows loyalty.

Initiative, loyalty, enough courage and activism to attend a Town Hall meeting and direct some sort of cogent question at the POTUS...

Hell, I'd hire him to do dang near anything at $10-$12 an hour and see if he can do it.  Sounds like potentially a good employee.

Except for the Benediction to the Benevolent One that he started his question with...  :rolleyes:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 01:54:05 AM »
...direct some sort of cogent question...

Was it a cogent question? I heard this earlier today on Rush's show, and I couldn't make heads or tails of what the guy was saying. How he got into college is beyond me, as his grammar skills are at about a second grade level.

Also, how do you reconcile 4 1/2 years working at McDonald's with "initiative?"

This wasn't a policy discussion, it was another campaign appearance designed to pander to voters. It seems that all Obama knows how to do is campaign. Oh, wait, that's right. Campaigning is his "executive experience."

john828

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 06:57:17 AM »
This wasn't a policy discussion, it was another campaign appearance designed to pander to voters. It seems that all Obama knows how to do is campaign. Oh, wait, that's right. Campaigning is his "executive experience."

^Truth

BClinton was the same except at least he had his underlings doing polls to test his ideas.  Obama just wants to implement all the ideas he has read about in books that "worked" in books.
My initial thought [for your next purchase] was to get a .22 lr or .22 mag but as you have one or five, I’d advise you purchase Spell Check---
~z

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 08:12:13 AM »
If you have a political party devoted to the theory that government exists to give you things in order to mitigate pain and suffering, then I do not think this is shocking (depressing, yes, but shocking, no).

This nation now has tens of millions of people who do nothing but sit around and wait for someone to give them things.  These videos are logical result of the past 60 years or so of Democrat philosophy.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 08:15:06 AM »

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

john828

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 08:29:20 AM »
That kid at McDonald's thinks that the government it going to stimulate his career growth?  LMAO.  He needs to work hard, keep his nose clean, be willing to do what others aren't, be honest, serve his customers and fellow team members and do all the other attributes that lead to promotion.  What a freaking retard.  He was acting like he took time off during a crack binge to attend this clown hall meeting.
My initial thought [for your next purchase] was to get a .22 lr or .22 mag but as you have one or five, I’d advise you purchase Spell Check---
~z

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 10:37:33 AM »
I don't have anything bad to say about the first one.

Personally, if it were me, and me and my family were living out of a car I would try to pull a stunt like this on national TV to get my face and name out there.  I am sure even if Barack's people didn't do anything, some other good-doer has.

The I love you Barack lady is typical for this type of Oprah style show business.  That is why I can't stand when anyone anywhere watches "O".  Mindless drones in love with the idea of people getting help (but they don't give help, the like to watch others give the help, because 'they can afford it').

Kids that worked 4 1/2 years at McDonalds, attend local community colleges with an undeclared major (as if it might be too much of a commitment to declare a joke major like communications) and act like bafoons on national TV are a dime a dozen.   If that kid was capable of doing anything more than McDonalds in the 3 1/2 years previous to last March, he would have.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 12:56:02 PM »

He's been working at one place for 4 1/2 years and that shows loyalty and either respect or trustworthiness.  If he were a crappy employee (always late, stole, disrespectful to customers, etc) then he would have been fired in that time.

It's not much for resume padding for skills... but it at least gives him a leg up on all the other HS grads and dropouts that job-skip every 6 months because they get in fights with coworkers or their boss, sleep with coworkers and cause drama, or get in fights with customers.

It also shows that he only had a HS degree and entered the workforce, then discovered that he wanted more out of life after a couple years of that.  He enrolled in school again.  Very few people are able to do that, and I respect that.  He's through his first semester, working on his second.  I'd consider that a display of initiative.

He's a lib, yeah, and we all dislike libs on this forum... but he's young enough and from the little we can deduce about him, he can be salvaged to think for himself.  If I were hiring for something suitable to his skills, I'd offer him a job.

I ROFL'ed at "I love you Barack" lady.  What a 'tard.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 01:22:59 PM »
Who cares about the lady that loves Barack?  Like there weren't plenty of people who felt the same way about W or Clinton or Fred Thompson?  Of course there were. 

That guy workin' at McDonalds, though, what's his deal?  You're working, you're going to school.  So am I.  Keep working and going to school, then.  Get your degree.  Get a better job.  What are you bothering the President for?  You want him to tutor you, or something? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 01:38:18 PM »

If someone is working at McDonalds for that long and isn't the store manager, they certainly don't have initiative. Someone who worked there, then invested in their own franchise and was good at it because of the firsthand experience? That is initiative. I guess I have a different understanding of the word.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 02:35:02 PM »
I would have to know what he does at the McDonald's before I said if he was bad or good.  If he is still running the fry bin, he probably isn't the person you want.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 02:54:21 PM »
Well, he just got a 1-day gig as color commentator for a minor league baseball team.

Pay:  $25.

But, it gives him something to put on his resume and he wants to get into communications... radio, he says.  Maybe this will help.

Seems asking questions to Obama pays of career-wise.  I'm sure Joe the Plumber has lots of plumbing gigs lined up right now between his speaking engagements.
--Lysander Spooner

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 03:10:39 PM »
Yeah, maybe I should try mumbling and stuttering through some questions to Obama and advance my career.

The story about the broadcast gig is here.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 03:24:19 PM »
Barack's latest miracle.  The has allowed the inarticulate to speak. =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 04:03:40 PM »
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2009/02/62687523/1

Indeed, it appears I was correct.

"I have never felt this good except maybe when I got my PlayStation 3 for Christmas,"

He puts more emphasis on upgrading his video game console than his career.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 04:04:27 PM »

"I have never felt this good except maybe when I got my PlayStation 3 for Christmas,"

You don't need a career if you expect to be given free money so you can sit and play video games.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 04:08:38 PM »
You don't need a career if you expect to be given free money so you can sit and play video games.

Oddly enough, in the (super time intensive) World of Warcraft, all the best non-professional raiding guilds are European. They themselves attribute this to the fact that they have more free time to play video games than the average American.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 04:13:55 PM »

Yeah, I saw that in the article too, and smirked at it but didn't fully process it.  I yield.  He's a schmuck-tard.  If that's the best you can come up with for an interview... that puts you on the same bus as Michelle "I've never been proud of my country until it did something that only benefitted me" Obama.
--Lysander Spooner

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 04:29:28 PM »
Sweet merciful crap.  Work hard, and climb the ladder.  If you don't like your job, get another one.  It's not the government's job to help you out at work.  Son of a bitch. 

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 11:52:32 PM »
He's been working at one place for 4 1/2 years and that shows loyalty and either respect or trustworthiness.  If he were a crappy employee (always late, stole, disrespectful to customers, etc) then he would have been fired in that time.

Bullshit.

I worked at a McDonald's for two years when I was in high school.  I saw some of the worst employees not only stick around, but some were advanced to management positions.  :O

These were people who were unhygienic, lazy, rude and lacking more than a little intelligence; they just didn't do it in a way that attracted the attention of their employers.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 02:41:10 AM »
It's not the government's job to help you out at work.  

It is now, comrade. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2009, 02:46:00 AM »
It is now, comrade. 

I welcome the chance to help produce high quality tractors, and to make factory number 8 the best in all the Motherland!

Of course since I'm blue-collar already I'll prolly get stuck with a desk job.....
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2009, 08:56:05 AM »
I just saw more of the Florida meeting with people.

They were looking at him like a faith healer, they wanted him to cure their problems, some had tears in their eyes and they were trying to touch him.

I am horrified.