Author Topic: What's next, Loaves and Fishes ??  (Read 22584 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: What's next, Loaves and Fishes ??
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 10:01:46 AM »
They were looking at him like a faith healer, they wanted him to cure their problems, some had tears in their eyes and they were trying to touch him.

Imagine if Obama was just a charlatan using his oratorical talents to control people.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2009, 10:25:45 AM »
It's scary that some of my fellow Americans think that the president can grant wishes and solve all their problems. 

You can build a fire and keep a man warm for a while, but can set the man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2009, 02:02:48 PM »
Was that town hall meeting held at a mental facility? A guy who's been working at McDonalds for 4 1/2 years and can't get a better job doesn't have all his dogs barking.

Yeah, even at mcdonalds you can make decent cash if you have an average IQ and you work hard.  A friend of mine still works for mcdonalds (we worked there together in highschool).. by 4 and 1/2 years he was a 1st assistant manager, making about 34k a year... not bad at 22 years old.. now he is a store manager and makes in the mid 40's.  You can be reasonably successful, even if you "only work at mcdonalds".

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 03:16:24 PM »
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2009/02/62687523/1

Indeed, it appears I was correct.

"I have never felt this good except maybe when I got my PlayStation 3 for Christmas,"

He puts more emphasis on upgrading his video game console than his career.
Worse, the best feeling he's ever had in his life are due to other people giving him stuff.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 03:48:31 PM »
He works at McDonalds. What can possibly happen there that can be more exciting than a Playstation 3? =D =D
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2009, 05:09:54 PM »
Barack's latest miracle.  The has allowed the inarticulate to speak. =D

More like "The One" has given the stupid a public voice.....  ;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Don't care

deleted
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:34:25 PM by Don't care »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2009, 05:34:42 PM »
Next, 2 hours lines of people waiting for toilet paper.

I prayed to the Holy Obama, and was blessed with two-ply!   :angel:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2009, 04:05:05 AM »
>You can be reasonably successful, even if you "only work at mcdonalds"<

Heh... my niece put herself through college, and used her degrees to go to work for Mc Donalds. Last I checked, she has a couple houses in IL, a VERY nice car, and was looking at buying her own small plane...

Of course, when i say "work for Mc Donalds", she was in charge of the entire far east...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2009, 06:08:23 AM »
He's also a freshman in college... showing at least "some" initiative.

4-1/2 year McDonalds employees with initiative are in grad school.

4 1/2 years at the same job, any job?  Shows loyalty.

No, it shows that he's well aware nobody else will hire him, or he's not willing to do whatever else he might be hired for.

Barring a schedule change or a particularly grouchy day, I might still be at my current job in 2 more years, which will make it 4-1/2, yet I'd gladly switch to the primary competitor for the area (or darn near anything else with minimal manual labor) in a heartbeat if they offered me a comparable schedule and pay. (On second thought, nevermind pay - in a couple more months it will be illegal to pay me less.)

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2009, 12:16:27 PM »
Imagine if Obama was is just a charlatan using his oratorical talents to control people.

FTFY.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2009, 12:36:14 PM »
4-1/2 year McDonalds employees with initiative are in grad school.

He was hired 1 month shy of his 15th birthday.  He ain't a rocket scientist by any stretch, but at least he's in school.

No, it shows that he's well aware nobody else will hire him, or he's not willing to do whatever else he might be hired for.

Barring a schedule change or a particularly grouchy day, I might still be at my current job in 2 more years, which will make it 4-1/2, yet I'd gladly switch to the primary competitor for the area (or darn near anything else with minimal manual labor) in a heartbeat if they offered me a comparable schedule and pay. (On second thought, nevermind pay - in a couple more months it will be illegal to pay me less.)

Now that he's a celebu-tard and the liberal version of Joe the Plumber, he's getting internship offers, job offers, college tuition offers, radio gigs.  I just heard him on 550 KFYI being interviewed by Bruce Jacobs this morning.  Kid annoys me, but this attack on this kid annoys me more.  It's just making him a "personality" for one thing.  And for another... he's a freaking kid!  Okay, not a "kid," but a dumb teenager @ 18 or 19 years old. 

ETA:  This kid is serving as a media and talk radio distraction from the crisis that is the stimulus bill.  Leave this idiot alone and focus on something important.  Otherwise you'll see him in Congress in 5 years as a junior Obama, cult of personality.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

griz

• friend
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2009, 01:10:26 PM »
typical for this type of Oprah style show business

You know, I couldn't quite figure out what it was about the presidents speaking style that bothered me, but that sums it up very well.  He's a great speaker and looks good on TV.  It was either his current job or talk show host, so it's no wonder people confuse the two.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

nking

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2009, 02:12:33 PM »
Give a man a fish, and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will be fed for life... I fear many will be going hungry "tomorrow."

Perhaps we shouldn't be setting the precedent that if you can get chosen to ask a question to the president you will win something.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2009, 02:51:30 PM »
Give a man a fish, and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you'll probably ruin a marriage.

Welcome to the "gimme" generation, ask not what your country can do for you , ask what your country can give you. (After takinig it away from someone that actually produces things).

Looters and parasites.

Who is John Galt?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2009, 02:53:51 PM »
Uh-huh. Remember the Oprah-worthy story from the press conference, where this lady was weeping at Obama to do something about the homeless?

Thursday morning, Chene Thompson handed Henrietta Hughes the keys to her home in Hendry County. Thompson is the wife of State Representative Nick Thompson (R-District 73). Hughes and her son will live at the home rent free.

However, a local organization is coming forward saying Hughes isn't being honest about how much help she's had in the past.

The director of We Care Outreach Ministry, Tanya Johnson, says just last month she offered Henrietta Hughes permanent housing and a place to stay free for three months, but Hughes refused.

"We would have allowed her to stay for the first 90 days, no income. You know free," said Tanya Johnson.

We Care Outreach Ministry is a faith based organization in Fort Myers.

Johnson says she also gave Henrietta and her son Corey, money, food and offered Corey job training courses, but it was refused.

"We have extended a lot of her services to her," Johnson said.

But Henrietta Hughes says these services weren't free and the apartment in East Fort Myers came with a price tag.

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/39518252.html

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2009, 03:28:44 PM »
Give a man a fish, and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you'll probably ruin a marriage.

Welcome to the "gimme" generation, ask not what your country can do for you , ask what your country can give you. (After takinig it away from someone that actually produces things).

Looters and parasites.

Who is John Galt?
I figure even he couldn't take it, and thus shot himself after months of being depressed about the state of the world and the nation...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2009, 12:13:09 PM »
ETA:  This kid is serving as a media and talk radio distraction from the crisis that is the stimulus bill.

It's a little late now; you should have been pointing out such things while everybody was gnawing on the gay marriage red herring and letting the Democrats gain power in the first place.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2009, 02:02:45 PM »
It's a little late now; you should have been pointing out such things while everybody was gnawing on the gay marriage red herring and letting the Democrats gain power in the first place.

You are reminding me of Obama.  Remember when he said that gun rights were a distraction from real issues?  Don't tell me what to vote on. 

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2009, 02:11:42 PM »
MTP: go vote on 9mm being better than .45...  :laugh:

To a certain extent, the gay marriage thing WAS a distraction: there were much more important things to be worrying about at the time. However, knowing what the important issues are is ususlly only clear in hindsight...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2009, 03:14:50 PM »
To a certain extent, the gay marriage thing WAS a distraction:

Unfortunately, the Dem's are going to keep distracting us with it, and the sensible people will have to keep putting it down. 

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2009, 10:29:52 PM »
Unfortunately, the Dem's are going to keep distracting us with it, and the sensible people will have to keep putting it down.

Or just go on ignoring it.  What, are you concerned that if it's legal, you will no longer be able to resist the temptation to marry a man?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2009, 10:44:31 PM »
Actually, I agree with MTP. Gay marriage is important.  =)

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2009, 11:30:07 PM »
Or just go on ignoring it.  What, are you concerned that if it's legal, you will no longer be able to resist the temptation to marry a man?

Of course not.  The wife wouldn't let me marry a man.

But to answer your question, I don't want to see the law expand into another area where it's not needed.  Regulating, or recognizing, homosexual relationships serves no purpose.  Mainly, though, I'm opposed to the irrationality of the concept.  Marriages are heterosexual.  That should be obvious to everyone, regardless of orientation. 

Why do I feel like I've had this conversation before?   =)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2009, 03:49:49 AM »
Marriages are heterosexual.  A social construct.

Fixed it for you.

Any student of history at the first year will tell you that marriage and family are social constructs. They mutate with age according to the requirements of society and economics.