Author Topic: What's next, Loaves and Fishes ??  (Read 22585 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: What's next, Loaves and Fishes ??
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2009, 05:01:10 AM »
Bah, Strings has a point. *leaves*.

Waitaminute...when Strings makes a point, MB goes away?  This could be entertaining   =D

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2009, 07:59:51 AM »
Actually sorry I participated in this level of thread drift now.  Bring it back to the OP, if you want a fresh new gay marriage thread start one.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2009, 10:17:20 AM »
Waitaminute...when Strings makes a point, MB goes away?  This could be a first.   =D

=D
One day at a time.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2009, 01:50:49 PM »
Ok... when did *I* become the Microbalrog kryptonite?
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2009, 04:25:12 PM »
Ok... when did *I* become the Microbalrog kryptonite?

What IS the MicroBalrog kryptonite, anyway?.....is that anything like bacon-flavored matzah?.....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2009, 07:57:18 PM »
I'm not observant. I even eat salo. Which is probably the only food that'll annoy hippies, Orthodox Jews and radical Muslims more than bacon.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2009, 08:00:41 PM »
I'm willing to bet that I do NOT want to know what it is!

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2009, 10:32:41 PM »
Strings,

That last post you addressed to me did annoy me at first, but it's OK.  =)

Firstly, I did not call you a liberal.  I was talking about something Obama said back in the campaign.  I'll explain in a minute. 

The whole scapegoat thing is supposed to be a joke.  You're not actually supposed to blame me (or MB) for everything.  KD5 was the one who brought up the subject for no good reason.  Then I responded, without arguing the issue itself.  Then you chimed in, with a comment similar to KD5's.  Then I responded, again without arguing the issue itself.  Then the KD5 asked me a stupid, insulting question about why I feel the way I do about the issue.  I answered very succinctly, and without taking offense.  Then everybody else jumped in. 

So how is this my fault?  ???  And are you going to stand by that totally screwy mischaracterization of my remarks?  :(  I didn't jerk the knee, or jack the thread, and I certainly didn't get all in a huff because "somebody mentioned gay marriage without saying it was bad." 

Your high horse.  Get off of it.  :P   :lol:

Appendix:

Remember the bitter clinger comment?  In his "explanation" for that comment, Obama claimed that, because politicians were not helping people on the "important" economic issues, they "ended up voting" on unimportant things, like guns and religion.  That's what I mean when I compare the two of you to Obama, who thought he could tell me what the important issues were. 

KD5's comment was the usual nonsense, blaming social conservatives for the fall of the Republican party.  That is not a side issue or a distraction.  If people keep blaming social conservatives, the Republicans will keep running moderates like Bush and McCain.  Or worse. 

Yes, I am getting tired of people who ignore the overwhelming lack of popular support for homosexual marriage in state-wide referenda, and think somehow the Republican party is alienating supporters by taking a popular position. Hey, it's not like the conservatives started this whole gay marriage rumble in the first place.  We're just trying to hold it off, and waiting for the crazies to drop the whole thing. 

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 11:04:55 PM by Mr. Tactical pants »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2009, 10:57:02 PM »

KD5's comment was the usual nonsense, blaming social conservatives for the fall of the Republican party.  That is not a side issue or a distraction.  If people keep blaming social conservatives, the Republicans will keep running moderates like Bush and McCain.  Or worse. 

Yes, I am getting tired of people who ignore the overwhelming lack of popular support for homosexual marriage in state-wide referenda, and think somehow the Republican party is alienating supporters by taking a popular position. Hey, it's not like the conservatives started this whole gay marriage rumble in the first place.  We're just trying to hold it off, and waiting for the crazies to drop the whole thing. 

Well said.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2009, 11:35:23 PM »
TBH I prefer social conservatives to people like Bush or McCain. But why are these the only alternatives?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2009, 02:07:11 AM »
Strings,

That last post you addressed to me did annoy me at first, but it's OK.  =)

Firstly, I did not call you a liberal.  I was talking about something Obama said back in the campaign.  I'll explain in a minute. 

The whole scapegoat thing is supposed to be a joke.  You're not actually supposed to blame me (or MB) for everything.  KD5 was the one who brought up the subject for no good reason.  Then I responded, without arguing the issue itself.  Then you chimed in, with a comment similar to KD5's.  Then I responded, again without arguing the issue itself.  Then the KD5 asked me a stupid, insulting question about why I feel the way I do about the issue.  I answered very succinctly, and without taking offense.  Then everybody else jumped in. 

So how is this my fault?  ???  And are you going to stand by that totally screwy mischaracterization of my remarks?  :(  I didn't jerk the knee, or jack the thread, and I certainly didn't get all in a huff because "somebody mentioned gay marriage without saying it was bad." 

Your high horse.  Get off of it.  :P   :lol:

Appendix:

Remember the bitter clinger comment?  In his "explanation" for that comment, Obama claimed that, because politicians were not helping people on the "important" economic issues, they "ended up voting" on unimportant things, like guns and religion.  That's what I mean when I compare the two of you to Obama, who thought he could tell me what the important issues were. 

Well, it's your fault this (my) thread drifted.

I think I'm more concerned about what will happen when Obama can't do the loaves and fishes thing for his followers.  Yea, they think they got some in the Porkulus bill, but very little is going actually trickle down to the lowest of the low and the "true believers".  What happens when they see that the emporer really has no clothes... 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2009, 07:44:18 AM »

I think I'm more concerned about what will happen when Obama can't do the loaves and fishes thing for his followers.  Yea, they think they got some in the Porkulus bill, but very little is going actually trickle down to the lowest of the low and the "true believers".  What happens when they see that the emporer really has no clothes... 

The media certainly expects loaves and fishes with the porkulus bill.  The local DC anchor was beaming talking about how the lefthanded President was signing the bill blah blah blah.....not a single hard hitting question or commentary about it, just some blather about how many presidents were lefties....stimulus stimulus savior saving the economy.....blah blah.....oh, a kitten in a tree!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

john828

« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2009, 09:25:12 AM »
The media certainly expects loaves and fishes with the porkulus bill.  The local DC anchor was beaming talking about how the lefthanded President was signing the bill blah blah blah.....not a single hard hitting question or commentary about it, just some blather about how many presidents were lefties....stimulus stimulus savior saving the economy.....blah blah.....oh, a kitten in a tree!

Yeah, and it won't happen.  I think the "media" are going to turn on him as fast as you can say "no confidence."  It is going to be ugly in about six to nine months. 
My initial thought [for your next purchase] was to get a .22 lr or .22 mag but as you have one or five, I’d advise you purchase Spell Check---
~z

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »

Since you quoted my entire last post, as if to raise the issue all over again, I'm going to assume you forgot to add a smiley.   :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2009, 03:12:16 PM »
Honestly, the best thing the right can do at the moment is say nothing. We almost have to treat the country as a battered spouse...

In most abusive situations, you have to wait for the battered party to come to you: if you say ANYTHING negative about their abuser, they'll leap to his defense.

The True Believers are going to be like that: they'll have to hit rock bottom before they'll believe ANYTHING bad about Obama. But once they've been "slapped around" a few times, they'll start to see the light.

Gods help the nation when they do.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2009, 03:58:55 PM »
The True Believers are going to be like that: they'll have to hit rock bottom before they'll believe ANYTHING bad about Obama. But once they've been "slapped around" a few times, they'll start to see the light.

Gods help the nation when they do.

They'll hit rock bottom? Or they'll run behind the gun owners for protection if civil disorder and crime ever get that bad, like they do after disasters when things go bump at night?

If it ever gets to that point, I intend to slam the door in their faces. I have my family and friends to worry about. They've been wanting to violate my right to self defense for decades? The "reavers" can have them.