Author Topic: Dems Break Promise To Post Stimulus Bill Online For 48-Hour Public Airing...  (Read 10755 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Here's the other half: Link

Half downloaded, then "site missing".

It's almost like they don't want people to read it.

Nick1911

• Administrator
Half downloaded, then "site missing".

It's almost like they don't want people to read it.

Worked fine for me...

Don't care

deleted
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 12:33:40 PM »
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 12:39:34 PM by Don't care »

Manedwolf

• friend
They are destroying the country. And they have big, stupid grins while doing it.

Winners

# High-speed and inner-city rail: Went from $300 million in House bill to $2.25 billion in Senate to $8 billion in final version. There also is a $6.9 billion provision for public transit.

# Amtrak: Picked up $500 million from both House and Senate versions to total $1.3 billion. The bill stipulates that no more than 60 percent can go to the Northeast Corridor.

# National Institutes of Health: Ends up with $10 billion in the final bill. The House proposed $3.5 billion and the Senate wanted $10 billion -- $8.2 billion goes to the NIH director for his discretion.

# Government oversight: Board to oversee stimulus bill spending will get $84 million to do the job. House bill allocated $14 million while the Senate bill called for $7 million. There is also more than $100 million more for various inspectors general in different agencies.

# NASA: Banked just more than $2 billion, including $400,000 for science/global-warming research. Video Watch congressional comments on the stimulus bill »

Losers

# Veterans: Nearly all items for Veterans Affairs were reduced and the $2 billion the Senate wanted for VA construction was wiped out altogether. The VA did get one thing: $1 billion for medical facilities renovation and retooling.

# Military construction: Cut and put into a general pot, a change from targeted money for each branch of the services. Army construction alone went from $600 million in the Senate and $900 million in the House to $180 million in the final bill. But negotiators compromised over a general military construction fund -- the House wanted $3.75 billion while the Senate allocated $118 million and settled on $1.45 billion for all services.

# FBI: Senate had allocated $475 million but all was cut out of final bill.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/13/stimulus.winners.losers/index.html

Also? Screw people who work hard.

# Tax credits: Anyone making $75,000 individually or $150,000 as a family will get refundable tax credit up to $400 per person or $800 per family.

I want the Atlas Shrugged moment to come soon.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 01:06:04 PM by Manedwolf »

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Money to Amtrak, and screw the VA..... Yeah, all those crippled vets don't need better health care, let's flush more money into a glorified tourist attraction.....

I'm SO pissed at this crap.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
It is hard to run a viable Republic when Congress sees no problem with voting on nation-changing legislation it hasn't read.

This is not the America we signed on for.

Congress has effectively de-legitimized itself.   At some point we will stop poking the dead carcass.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Manedwolf

• friend
It passed...
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2009, 03:08:35 PM »
$8 billion for inner city rail. More for Amtrak, too.

More for the National Endowment for the Arts than total for small businesses.

CUTS for veteran's services.

And if you make more than $75K, no tax cuts at all for you. No rebate. No homebuyer credit. Because you're "rich".

Yay.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 03:18:23 PM by Manedwolf »

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
Re: It passed...
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2009, 03:26:09 PM »
$8 billion for inner city rail. More for Amtrak, too.

More for the National Endowment for the Arts than total for small businesses.

CUTS for veteran's services.

And if you make more than $75K, no tax cuts at all for you. No rebate. No homebuyer credit. Because you're "rich".

Yay.Yuck!
FTFY.
Also, would someone explain how someone who makes 75K is considered "rich"? In Somalia, or Zimbabwe perhaps...and yeah, in the western world, it's good money, sure. But "rich"? Hardly.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Merged topics.

That way Manedwolf can vent his spleen about Amtrak twice in one thread.

Neat, huh?   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Manedwolf

• friend
Merged topics.

That way Manedwolf can vent his spleen about Amtrak twice in one thread.

Neat, huh?   =D

Yes, I'm certainly alone in resenting billions of taxpayer dollars being used to fund a broken public corporation that's a model of failure and inefficiency instead of letting it die.

That, of course, wasn't simply illustrative of the sort of asinine failure this bill is composed of. I'm sure there's ethanol subsidies in there somewhere.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
So you're now making it personal, MW?

Nice.  I haven't said squat about ethanol in a long time, because gasoline is king once again, and as long as the latter is cheap, the former is going to stay under the radar.

I merged a duplicate thread, that really didn't need to be duplicated, especially since you went redundant about your obvious dislike of Amtrak with the new thread.

Is it really that difficult to understand?

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Manedwolf

• friend
I thought specifically picking on me for mentioning Amtrak was personal. I didn't see the point of that. Everyone knows what it is, it was just a good example of subsidized fail that doesn't need to be explained.

I mentioned the cuts to VA things as well.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Mane, don't worry, we can just elect the "opt out" option, right?

We don't have to pay for this nonsense, right?  I'll just check the "I opt out" option on my tax return. =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
I'm sure there's ethanol subsidies in there somewhere.

I feel like subsidizing my liver with ethanol after reading parts of this "bill"

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Say hello to your new overlord.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Say hello to your new overlord.

Who needs to go to Rome
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
I don't believe it!  It states right here:
   * End the Practice of Writing Legislation Behind Closed Doors: As president, Barack Obama will restore the American people's trust in their government by making government more open and transparent. Obama will work to reform congressional rules to require all legislative sessions, including committee mark-ups and conference committees, to be conducted in public. By making these practices public, the American people will be able to hold their leaders accountable for wasteful spending and lawmakers won't be able to slip favors for lobbyists into bills at the last minute
    * Shine Light on Earmarks and Pork Barrel Spending: Obama's Transparency and Integrity in Earmarks Act will shed light on all earmarks by disclosing the name of the legislator who asked for each earmark, along with a written justification, 72 hours before they can be approved by the full Senate.

I got hopey-changey-ied right into the barrel!
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Rocket Man:

Ben nuked DC's text from admin orbit.  Might want to do the same to your quote of his, ah, "impolitic" verbiage.

Also, I always thought that gal on SNL was mugging it up when she played Pelosi as a bug-eyed freak.  Not anymore.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
I saw a video clip last night of Barack Hussein Obama stating that all bills would be posted on the Internet for five days before he signs them.

No "Change" here - the guy lied through his <expletive> teeth.

(No surprise, either.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tim L

• friend
    • TDLITWILLER

the guy lied through his <expletive> teeth.

Again.  It's not the first and certainly won't be the last time.  Just wonder how long before  anyone else picks up on it.

Tim

zahc

• friend
From what I understand, by doing what they did and scanning it to an image format they may have violated federal law.

So, what else is new? We're talking about people that violate their oaths before they even take them.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Rocket Man:

Ben nuked DC's text from admin orbit.  Might want to do the same to your quote of his, ah, "impolitic" verbiage.

Done.  I nuked the whole post.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
I don't believe it!  It states right here:
I got hopey-changey-ied right into the barrel!

It now says this:
# Sunlight Before Signing: Too often bills are rushed through Congress and to the president before the public has the opportunity to review them. As president, Obama will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.
# Shine Light on Earmarks and Pork Barrel Spending: Obama's Transparency and Integrity in Earmarks Act will shed light on all earmarks by disclosing the name of the legislator who asked for each earmark, along with a written justification, 72 hours before they can be approved by the full Senate.

Bolding mine.

See Comrade this was just an emergency bill! After all we can't afford to dally in getting America stimulated now can we? That's why our Dear Leader immediately signed the bill after passage! Wait you're saying he didn't do that and in fact to a few days off? I think I'm going to have to report you to the Commissar, Comrade, for subversive thoughts. Have a nice reeducation!
Look, tiny text!