Author Topic: C-Span Survey of Presidential Leadership  (Read 1975 times)

Don't care

C-Span Survey of Presidential Leadership
« on: February 16, 2009, 07:35:40 AM »
Thread header re-created.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 03:12:31 PM by Gewehr98 »

taurusowner

Re: C-Span Survey of Presidential Leadership
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 08:17:29 AM »
My top 5 have gotta be, in order, Jefferson, Reagan, Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Ford.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 11:47:19 AM »
Woodrow Wilson, first no-bull fascist leader in the West, is number nine!?  WTH is wrong with these knuckleheads.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 11:51:22 AM »
Jefferson
Jackson
Madison
Van Buren
Reagan
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 12:23:38 PM »
amazing that fdr and wilson are there, considering how fdr took a minor economic mess adn truned it into a disaster and how wilson got us into the war to end all wars for no real reason.

I am sort of surprised they didn't annoit obama as #1 already.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 08:56:39 PM »

Why does everyone have to pick on the only President from PA?       =D

He wasn't THAT bad.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

wquay

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 09:41:04 PM »
amazing that fdr and wilson are there, considering how fdr took a minor economic mess adn truned it into a disaster and how wilson got us into the war to end all wars for no real reason.

I am sort of surprised they didn't annoit obama as #1 already.

How the hell was the Great Depression "a minor economic mess" in 1933?

Jimmy Dean

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 12:28:38 AM »
Good thing they didn't ask me on my opinion.  Got into it with some people I study with tonight on Lincoln.  I don't like the guy.  I don't like the thigns he did or what he stood for.

I would not place him at last, but he would likely be in the bottom 25%.  He started the civil war, killing 100s of thousands of young American men in order to remove rights enumerated to the states by the constitution and give those rights to be decided by the federal gov't.   How in the hell is that a good thing?  And that is his sole legacy.  They did not understand how I could believe that Lincoln was one of the bottom 10 CiCs we have had.   They tried to say that he freed the slaves, sorry, but he freed them simply to gain more fighting power and leverage over the confederacy,  slavery was nearing its end before the Emancipation Proclamation.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 11:28:31 AM »
With a legacy of personal corruption we're still saddled with in Texas, "Great Society" programs that exploded the deficit while doing nothing to alleviate poverty, treasonous, pro-Viet Cong micromanagement of his war in SE Asia, plus the blood of ~58,000 Americans on his hands . . . and did NOTHING when the U.S.S. Pueblo was pirated by N. Korea. I don't see how Lyndon Johnson ended up anywhere but at the very bottom.  :mad:

This determination makes about as much sense as awarding the Nobel Peace Price to a murderous terrorist like Yassir Arafat.

And Truman at #5? OK, he DID drop the bomb. But he's still the man who followed Roosevelt's lead and gave away Eastern Europe to Russia and later got us involved in Korea while continuing to provide aid and comfort to the Chicoms.

JFK? What the heck did he do besides take us to the brink of war with the Soviets? (Unless he got extra points for affairs with Marilyn Monroe and Angie Dickenson . . .?) Oh, that's right, I almost forgot - he sold out Cuban nationalists at the Bay of Pigs.

Carter is still 'way too high, considering a lot of today's problems with Moslem extremism can be laid at his doorstep, as can the fall of Rhodesia.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 12:00:14 PM »
Didn't Truman also completely discount reports that people in his own administration were Communist spies?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge