Author Topic: Trojan Horse, anyone?  (Read 3481 times)

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Trojan Horse, anyone?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2006, 06:03:24 AM »
Quote from: Vodka7
I wanted to be honest in my post.  I know people who support what suicide bombers in Israel are doing.  When your opponent has a standing army and receives billions of dollars in military support from the rest of the world, sometimes you have to use alternate tactics to achieve a goal.

I agree with the comparison to the IRA as far as the Palestine/Israel issue.  You've got a native population displaced by much more powerful outsiders.  The only difference is the Irish figured out how to blow up innocent people without being in the room at the time.
If I knew people who supported suicide bombers I wouldnt go spreading it around.
Anyone who supports low lifes like that is not a "freedom fighter" or anything noble but a hood of the first order.  Describing using women and children to blow up other women and children as a "tactic" glorifies and dignifies the unacceptable and renders any "goal" illegitimate.
As far as the IRA, it was not my intent to apply the comparison to the middle east.  Rather, the IRA has supporters abroad (i.e. here in the US) who overlook the brutal nature of their "armed struggle" and blithely turn in their dollars to those criminals.  So too the Muslim terrorists count on US muslims to support their vile efforts.
The IRA has been a total failure.  They have worked at this for 100 years or so and gotten nowhere except to lose sympathy from decent people.  My opinion is that the IRA, like the PLO and its ilk and al Qaeda and its ilk, are brain dead zombies robbing oxygen from real life forms.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

Trojan Horse, anyone?
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2006, 08:48:30 AM »
Quote from: Vodka7
When your opponent has a standing army and receives billions of dollars in military support from the rest of the world
Vodka, there's a pretty good reason for that-- it's not just 'cause the rest of the world likes the color of their uniforms.