Author Topic: Camera type film question  (Read 1021 times)

Dannyboy

• friend
Camera type film question
« on: January 03, 2006, 07:46:30 PM »
I have a great pic of the Sydney Harbor Bridge from my trip a few years ago.  I wanted to get in blown up into a print (from the negative) and hang it but I'm not really sure how to go about getting that done.  Or if it's really even possible.  Can anyone help me out here?  Any advice at all would be appreciated.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Telperion

• friend
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 08:55:49 PM »
Any pro photofinishing shop (i.e. better than 1-hr photo labs) can make enlargements from a negative.  Look in your yellow pages.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 10:52:41 AM »
Make sure you get a definite price before you authorize the work; it may be well worth your while to have the print mounted where it's made. Some framing places don't know how to mount photographs properly, and can make a mess of them.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

onions!

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 11:53:01 AM »
Cameras use film?Yeah right.Next thing you'll say that music comes impressed in wax too.
Smiley

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2006, 05:33:07 PM »
Quote from: 41mag
Cameras use film?Yeah right.Next thing you'll say that music comes impressed in wax too.
Smiley
He, gimme a break.  This was way back in 98.

PS  Thanks guys.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 07:36:05 AM »
the old way would be to enlarge it and print it to paper

the new way is to scan it in and print it out on a large format digital printer
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

P5 Guy

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2006, 05:58:04 PM »
Dan, there used to be a place in Vorehees that did custom photo finishing. In the Eagle Shopping Plaza.