Author Topic: How 'Bout Them Horns?  (Read 1331 times)

Art Eatman

• friend
How 'Bout Them Horns?
« on: January 04, 2006, 08:41:27 PM »
41-38!  Yowzuh!

Vince Young came through, but USC sure gave Texas all they could handle...

Helluva game!

Smiley, Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

Subby

How 'Bout Them Horns?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 08:43:54 PM »
Yeah, Vince Young is a stone cold killer.  You see the look in his eyes?  Just a guy out there doing his job.  No endzone dances, etc.  Just out on the field destroying the enemy.  I'm really glad I wasn't emotionally invested in this game, or I'd be puking blood right now.

Sub

Dannyboy

• friend
How 'Bout Them Horns?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 08:45:24 PM »
Man, I about killed myself jumping up and down when they stopped USC on 4th and 2.  That was the most incredible game.  I didn't think they could pull it out until that stop on 4th down.

Vince Young says he's staying for next year.  I see a Heisman and maybe a repeat.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Daniel

How 'Bout Them Horns?
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 09:10:58 PM »
My blood pressure may have gotten a bit on the high side.

HOOK 'EM BABY!!!

Lennyjoe

• friend
How 'Bout Them Horns?
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 06:03:43 AM »
They did good.  Got to give it to them.  They got lucky against Ohio State but did deserved to win against USC Wink

fiVe

How 'Bout Them Horns?
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 07:51:55 AM »
I'm glad Texas won and stuck it to the sports media.  All I saw was mountain-after-mountain, ton-after-ton of commentary and all with a pro-USC-how-will-Texas-ever-win slant.
When you heed the call to battle, let your witness be as steel.

garyk/nm

• friend
  • shovelbum
How 'Bout Them Horns?
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 09:26:19 AM »
I only saw the 4th quarter, but it seemed to me that the timekeeper was decidedly favoring USC. Still and all, one heck of a game. My heart was pounding those last few minutes.

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
How 'Bout Them Horns?
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 09:42:51 AM »
I must confess that I lost faith when they were down by 12. I had to be at work early so I went to bed. Turned on the TV this morning to see highlights of the greatest 4th quarter in years.

I'm glad Texas won and stuck it to the sports media.  All I saw was mountain-after-mountain, ton-after-ton of commentary and all with a pro-USC-how-will-Texas-ever-win slant.
Welcome to the life of an Indianapolis Colts fan. Wink

crt360

• friend
How 'Bout Them Horns?
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 12:37:32 PM »
I was excited after the defense held USC on their first possession.  When Ross fumbled that first punt, I thought we were doomed.  What a game.  I didn't even have my UT ring or lucky underwear on.
For entertainment purposes only.

Art Eatman

• friend
How 'Bout Them Horns?
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 07:39:21 PM »
Subby, I was talking to a buddy of mine who keeps up with UT football; he majored in Sports Medicine during the Darrell Royal glory era.  His football-player buddies compare Vince Young to James "Slick" Street:  Very intelligent.  Sorta flaky, away from the field.  When he comes out onto the field, there is only one thing on his mind:  Winning.

Bobby Bowden keeps telling his players about their behavior after scoring:  "Act like you've been there before."  Vince Young does that.

But he grins a lot between plays, I've noticed...

Art

Subby

How 'Bout Them Horns?
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 08:23:47 PM »
The Royal Era was a wee bit before mine own era, but I get what ya mean.  I always get a kick when some DL/LB tackles a tailback after a 4 yard GAIN, then does a dance.  Same thing when a kickoff team tackles a guy at the 30-35 yd. line.  "Uhh, buddy, you are aware that you gave up 1/3 of the field on ONE PLAY?"  I wish the NFL/NCAA would mandate a 15 yd. unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on any celebration that's not a touchdown.  They'd wise up real quick.  

Sub

Art Eatman

• friend
How 'Bout Them Horns?
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 07:22:43 AM »
Subby, I figure it's coaches and parents, and it starts in high school.  If kids are raised right, few "weirdlies" get acted out...

Art