Author Topic: Biden picks Kamala Harris for VP.  (Read 9769 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Biden picks Kamala Harris for VP.
« on: July 28, 2020, 07:14:06 PM »
Maybe.

Looks like Politico let the cat out of the bag a bit early.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/politico-biden-vp-kamala-harris-running-mate-mistake
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Biden picks Kamala Harris for VP.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 07:16:58 PM »
Biden picks Kamala Harris for VP   President
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 08:23:30 PM »
Biden ain't pickin' nothin' but his nose.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 08:24:39 PM »
Well, she was "taking a knee" long before it became mainstream.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 08:38:12 PM »
 ;/ Yeah, because he really needed to make sure he won California.  ;/ Locked the state in, he has. No way Trump is winning it now.

I know she has some serious political baggage and I'm sure Team Trump already has a file on her.

I have not paid any attention to her on the subject (or any subject, frankly) of these recent riots but I'm guessing she's for 'em or at least it can be implied that she is, and that's another area to hit her on in the campaign.

Her name recognition outside of California must be pretty low. She did not do well at all in the primaries from what I remember.

So good job Team Basement you've certainly added an all-side political powerhouse to your ticket!

Stacey Abrams would have been a worse decision. So they did manage to avoid that debacle.

Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 08:46:25 PM »
Didn't she do the best of the Dem candidates that were non-white and not an old man?  I really doubt the white lady from Minnesota (Klobachar?) is a great choice right now.

I think Tulsi Gabbard would have been a good choice, but she may not support him like he wants.  She never had great primary support though. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 09:15:14 PM »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2020, 09:29:37 PM »
So the cop for VP? That should go over great.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2020, 10:20:04 PM »
So the cop for VP? That should go over great.

This.

I guess she's supposed to show that he's down for BlackLiesMatter/DefundThePolice, but he's also somehow the law and order candidate.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2020, 10:43:50 PM »
She will have less impact on the election than Pence had in 16.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 08:48:55 AM »
From OP's link...

""Joe Biden chose Kamala Harris to become his running mate for the 2020 election on Aug. 1, two weeks before the Democratic National Convention, after keeping his choice close to the chest for months," Politico wrote about the potential Democratic ticket."

Given Biden's history, phrasing might need to be considered.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2020, 08:58:48 AM »
I don't know if this will turn out to be true, but I've been convinced the Democrats consider her the future of the party. (EVERYTHING is about identity politics to them.)

So, it would make sense that she would be their presidential pick. (Not a typo.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2020, 12:03:52 PM »
Susan Rice is also being mentioned.
Would make more sense to me, far less baggage and she is connected with the most perfect man since Mohammad
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2020, 02:17:28 PM »
Would make more sense to me, far less baggage and she is connected with the most perfect man since Mohammad

And Benghazi.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 02:57:52 PM »

Rice is too short. No stage presence.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2020, 04:56:32 PM »
And Benghazi.

MSM and the left: Ben who?

I see that only affecting the right votes which she isn't going to get anyway.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2020, 07:28:06 PM »
Rice is too short. No stage presence.

They nominated Joe Biden. I'm not sure they have the same idea of stage presence as the rest of us.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2020, 08:21:38 PM »
She will have less impact on the election than Pence had in 16.
I thought Pence has been a great VP for a man like Trump (at least in hindsight).  His behavior is the complete opposite of Trump yet somewhat complimentary and the traditional values he stuck up for helped reinforce Trump's campaign to an extent.  I think he appealed to the voters Trump was trying to get out to the polls.

I don't know if any of the current Dems in the lead would help Biden substantially.  Who would bring more positives than negatives?  Someone who was not a crazy leftist would be best, but I doubt he will go that route.  

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2020, 09:42:18 PM »
I thought Pence has been a great VP for a man like Trump (at least in hindsight).  His behavior is the complete opposite of Trump yet somewhat complimentary and the traditional values he stuck up for helped reinforce Trump's campaign to an extent.  I think he appealed to the voters Trump was trying to get out to the polls.

I don't know if any of the current Dems in the lead would help Biden substantially.  Who would bring more positives than negatives?  Someone who was not a crazy leftist would be best, but I doubt he will go that route.  

I have this nagging feeling that Biden is going to chose Michelle Obama.  She's said repeatedly she doesn't want to run for President, mostly because she loathes the campaigning she'd have to do.  As the VP nominee, her need to campaign would be minimal, however.  And in today's climate of supposed systemic and widespread racism, MO as the VP pick would be almost a sure win for Biden.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the DNC is in negotiations with her on the QT right now.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2020, 11:19:31 AM »
I have this nagging feeling that Biden is going to chose Michelle Obama.  She's said repeatedly she doesn't want to run for President, mostly because she loathes the campaigning she'd have to do.  As the VP nominee, her need to campaign would be minimal, however.  And in today's climate of supposed systemic and widespread racism, MO as the VP pick would be almost a sure win for Biden.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if the DNC is in negotiations with her on the QT right now.

The Obama's have made $$$$$$MILLIONS $$$$ since leaving orifice office;  why take the pay cut???
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2020, 11:27:12 AM »
The Obama's have made $$$$$$MILLIONS $$$$ since leaving orifice office;  why take the pay cut???

Even with her in office they would still make millions.  The problem is the will have to release their tax forms.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2020, 11:27:56 AM »
Even with her in office they would still make millions.  The problem is the will have to release their tax forms.

And that's not gonna happen.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2020, 03:00:31 PM »
Well that don't have to. Look at Trump.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2020, 05:23:47 PM »
Well that don't have to. Look at Trump.

The democrat drum-beat is to release the tax records.  You don't think they would change their tune for their own benefit, do you?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2020, 05:31:20 PM »
The democrat drum-beat is to release the tax records.  You don't think they would change their tune for their own benefit, do you?
I think Trump will end up release some of his records, but he has successfully delayed that until after the election.