Author Topic: Biden picks Kamala Harris for VP.  (Read 9758 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Biden picks Kamala Harris for VP.
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2020, 07:33:44 PM »
The democrat drum-beat is to release the tax records.  You don't think they would change their tune for their own benefit, do you?

You don't think they could get away with demanding Trump's returns, but refusing to release Obama's?  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2020, 07:38:15 PM »
You don't think they could get away with demanding Trump's returns, but refusing to release Obama's?  :rofl:
I still think some R's should propose a law requiring disclosure of all financial records (not just tax returns) for federally elected officials and their immediate family. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2020, 08:04:10 PM »
I still think some R's should propose a law requiring disclosure of all financial records (not just tax returns) for federally elected officials and their immediate family. 
You might get one or two to propose it but it would never go anywhere. Financial impropriety is bipartisan as hell.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2020, 11:46:47 PM »
You might get one or two to propose it but it would never go anywhere. Financial impropriety is bipartisan as hell.

Truth.

Once corruption achieves a majority the normal recourses become impotent.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2020, 10:49:59 AM »
Biden has delayed his VP pick announcement another week.  He must be in last minute negotiations with Michelle.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/01/joe-biden-delays-vp-announcement-another-week/

If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2020, 10:51:51 AM »
Biden has delayed his VP pick announcement another week.  He must be in last minute negotiations with Michelle.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/01/joe-biden-delays-vp-announcement-another-week/

I cannot recall - has anyone else in recent history taken this long to choose their VP? It sounds like he's taking long, but it might be normal.  ???
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2020, 11:05:18 AM »
Word around my part of the world is that he's looking for a woman, preferably one of color, from somewhere in flyover country.  Demo think that may reduce Trumps numbers in that part of the country.   Harris is pure West Coast.  Ignoring middle America may hurt Biden.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2020, 02:35:51 PM »
I cannot recall - has anyone else in recent history taken this long to choose their VP? It sounds like he's taking long, but it might be normal.  ???

If memory serves, McCain didn't announce that Palin was his running mate until the GOP convention.

Of course, the decision was probably made well before then.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2020, 02:28:34 PM »
Karen Bass, A Potential Biden VP Pick, Praised Scientology At Church Opening In 2010
https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/31/karen-bass-biden-scientology/
Supposedly she was a potential pick until someone actually looked at what she said.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2020, 02:53:40 PM »
Karen Bass, A Potential Biden VP Pick, Praised Scientology At Church Opening In 2010
https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/31/karen-bass-biden-scientology/
Supposedly she was a potential pick until someone actually looked at what she said.

Who?

How far down the list is he?

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2020, 03:15:02 PM »
Obviously, he thinks it's Friday.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2020, 03:16:57 PM »
Was there other news on this since Friday?  I saw mention of that lady's name over the weekend.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2020, 03:25:14 PM »

=D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2020, 10:15:31 PM »
Also like most dems praised Castro.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2020, 07:26:46 AM »
Reports are that Biden is so close to picking a running mate he can smell her...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2020, 09:06:48 AM »
Reports are that Biden is so close to picking a running mate he can smell her...

Bill's not done with her yet
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2020, 09:17:19 AM »
There are just so many clips of Biden saying off the wall stuff, getting confused and seeming to be disconnected it's hard to ignore.

Does anyone else wonder just what having him as the nominee is supposed to accomplish?

It is just so bizarre that one of our two parties has chosen and continues to support somebody who doesn't even seem to be able to campaign.

What is worse is the country has acclimated to it and moved on, with some actually pledging support to him.

It was weird when Trump ran and then won. This is a whole level or two up the bizzarro scale.

He wasn't even a good candidate back when he had control of his faculties.

Our elites really do despise us.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2020, 09:23:26 AM »
I wonder if Trump and Biden are throw-away candidates.  Someone, the powers that run things behind the scene, maybe, might know or suspect something big/bad is coming and they are using Trump/Biden as scapegoats.  Your tinfoil hat may vary. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2020, 09:41:05 AM »
I wonder if Trump and Biden are throw-away candidates.  Someone, the powers that run things behind the scene, maybe, might know or suspect something big/bad is coming and they are using Trump/Biden as scapegoats.  Your tinfoil hat may vary. 
I think the Democrats are going through a little bit of what Republicans went through in 2012.  They had a bunch of candidates that all had problems of one kind or another and ended up with effectively the weakest candidate.  The question to me is will an outsider come in on the Democrat ticket in 2024? 

I would believe other powers were running things if Jeb Bush had won.  Not sure I buy that with Trump since was a complete outsider.  I guess that speculation could go on endlessly. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2020, 04:52:01 PM »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2020, 03:52:09 PM »
    Dear God, I hope this isn't true: Biden has chosen his VP, as Susan Rice offloads Netflix stock https://t.co/87MEw95Hi1

— Pradheep J. Shanker (@Neoavatara) August 7, 2020

No proof he has chosen Rice but I had to post it for this comment

Does he know he's chosen her?

— Max Q ⚡ (@Randy_Shannon) August 7, 2020
:rofl:

‘Dear God, I hope this isn’t true’: Rumor mill says Biden has chosen his VP
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2020/08/07/dear-god-i-hope-this-isnt-true-rumor-mill-says-biden-has-chosen-his-vp/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2020, 11:09:42 AM »
Ron said,

Does anyone else wonder just what having him as the nominee is supposed to accomplish?

The way I see it, if elected, he's supposed to resign or be removed for being incapacitated, thus the Veep assumes office, and she's supposed to resign leaving guess who as Prez?*

I would really prefer that the second place winner of the election be the vice-president.  Checks.  Balances.  All them platitudes. Has its disadvantages, too, I suppose, but checks , balances, and all them platitudes.

Seems right now we need lota more checks and  balances.

Mostly checks.

* Nancy Pelosi
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2020, 06:19:33 PM »
The way I see it, if elected, he's supposed to resign or be removed for being incapacitated, thus the Veep assumes office, and she's supposed to resign leaving guess who as Prez?*

* Nancy Pelosi

* Who is perhaps even less mentally sound than Joe Biden.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »
Yeah that Botox has leached into what little brain she has left.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2020, 08:11:08 PM »

[snip]

* Nancy Pelosi

You're close.  She's s'posed to appoint Clinton for her VP and then resign.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 09:33:07 AM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."