Author Topic: Charlotte: Protesters throw rocks from overpass, burn cargoes on interstate  (Read 5314 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
For those who haven't yet heard, Charlotte had a minor SHTF moment last night and this morning:

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/video-charlotte-agitators-throw-rocks-off-highway-overpass-strike-motorists/

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/206764728-story

other links available on Drudge and elsewhere.

I don't have anything terribly constructive to say about the situation or the shooting that began it, but wanted you all to be aware.

I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Charlotte: Protesters throw rocks from overpass, burn cargoes on interstate
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 10:18:59 AM »
We need to take our lead from Hillaire Belloc and ditch NFA34 and GCA68 and '86:
Quote from: The Modern Traveller (1898)
Whatever happens, we have got
The Maxim gun, and they have not.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 10:41:03 AM »
Doesn't sound so minor to me: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article103009432.html

Following the usual script, the BLM rabble rousers are out in force, looting, blocking traffic on the Interstate, and calling for "justice" before they have any idea what actually happened. The dead man's daughter claims he was reading a book, while the authorities say they have multiple witnesses confirming that he was armed and refused to drop the gun when confronted by the police.

The officer who shot him was also black.

Somebody needs to send Obama and Hillary a memo -- we don't need to import any more terrorists, we have plenty of them right here, in the BLM movement.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 11:31:51 AM »
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-chief-officers-warned-black-man-to-drop-gun/ar-BBwpBth?OCID=ansmsnnews11

The BLACK police chief says he was armed and had two chances to put the gun away.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 01:15:54 PM »
Here in Austin, TX, a sicko who was throwing rocks at cars on I-35 was caught and is facing well-deserved multiple felony charges . . . PEACEFUL protest is one thing, but the "kid gloves" treatment for "protestors" who become VIOLENT is counter productive.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 01:16:50 PM »
Doesn't sound so minor to me

Don't get me wrong, it's a big deal. But nobody died in the riots and no houses or stores were burned so i wouldn't say it has gone to even Medium SHTF yet.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 02:15:13 PM »
Don't get me wrong, it's a big deal. But nobody died in the riots and no houses or stores were burned so i wouldn't say it has gone to even Medium SHTF yet.

The contents of two or three eighteen-wheelers could easily exceed the stock of a small convenience store.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 02:27:37 PM »
I have a feeling mobs getting out on the freeway during a traffic jam would hit a lot of people close to home as most people have been stuck in something like that before.  Also, lots of states allow weapons to be kept in the car regardless of permits.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 02:56:04 PM »
The contents of two or three eighteen-wheelers could easily exceed the stock of a small convenience store.

Just hang tight. We're not to the point where you can point a belt fed on the roof, but we'll get there.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 03:20:34 PM »
Be a great time for an improv Appleseed event......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 03:22:01 PM »
Just hang tight. We're not to the point where you can point a belt fed on the roof, but we'll get there.

If we're not there yet -- we should be.

The thought occurred to me that an eighteen wheeler probably outweighs a sizeable group of protesters but, I guess if the truck is already stopped because of traffic in front of it, there's not much the driver can do (short of the aforementioned belt-fed on the roof).

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 04:05:15 PM »
The thought occurred to me that an eighteen wheeler probably outweighs a sizeable group of protesters but, I guess if the truck is already stopped because of traffic in front of it, there's not much the driver can do (short of the aforementioned belt-fed on the roof).

Therein lies the problem; even if you have the sense and the cojones to go through the crowd, it only takes 4-5 cars stopping for them to block the entire freeway for thousands of cars.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2016, 06:13:22 PM »
Therein lies the problem; even if you have the sense and the cojones to go through the crowd, it only takes 4-5 cars stopping for them to block the entire freeway for thousands of cars.

Correct. It may be possible to go off-road, around the obstruction. Or it may not.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2016, 09:29:31 PM »
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2016, 09:30:56 PM »
If we're not there yet -- we should be.

I don't know I drove a big truck a few times. If you got weight on the rear wheels drop that baby in 1st and hit the gas.
I bet you could move one heck of a pile of cars.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2016, 11:07:44 PM »
Well, things are getting a bit sketchy again tonight.  One dead person from being shot.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2016, 11:31:34 PM »
Well, things are getting a bit sketchy again tonight.  One dead person from being shot.

Dang Tea Party violence!  :mad:

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 07:25:14 AM »
Somebody needs to send Obama and Hillary a memo -- we don't need to import any more terrorists, we have plenty of them right here, in the BLM movement.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/20/were-like-the-taliban-charlotte-citizens-riot-after-police-shooting-video/
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2016, 11:42:56 AM »
Police said they found a gun but not a book. I guess the anti-gun people are right that guns are easier to find.  =D
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2016, 11:49:40 AM »
Report of a white guy being beaten by blacks in a downtown parking garage. So it's racist for a black police officer to shoot a black man, but it's not racist (in fact, it's "justice") for black men to beat a white man who had nothing to do with the shooting.

Found this interesting little graph:

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2016, 11:57:34 AM »
I keep remembering how they* warned us about Gadsden flag domestic terrorists. (Even though the Tea Parties were not the ones with a rape problem at our gatherings.) I recall the illustrious Claire McCaskill complaining that town hall Obama-care opponents were less than civil.

Now they know where the real problem lies.

*Ironically, one of the more prominent "they" groups were some Democratic leaders in the state of Missouri. As in, Missouri; home of Ferguson.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 03:28:35 AM »
what the heck

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3801796/He-allowed-drive-away-alive-White-motorist-armed-GUN-filmed-driving-slowly-crowd-protesters-Charlotte.html

"'White dude drives into crowd of peaceful protesters, draws gun, allowed to drive away alive. With my own eyes. #CharlotteProtest,' she wrote alongside the shocking clip."

"Peaceful protesters" Allowed to drive away alive. Is that saying he should of been allowed to drive away alive?

"'I'm so confused by the people saying he wasn't . I mean, I didn't take a DNA sample or anything but I saw a lot more of him than a close-up of his arm, and he looked pretty white bread to me. His pals in the car too,' Ms Head added when people questioned the man's race."

"'I wish no ill on anyone. I just want the truth out. I want people to recognize that racism exists, it's real, and it has real consequences,' she said."

Clearly it does still exist...

"Although open carry is legal in North Carolina, it is illegal to openly carry a gun at a protest."

It keeps mentioning that, but failing to mention, just like it keeps failing to mention the color of the cop who did the shooting, that it looks pretty clear that he isn't part of the protest, he's just trying to get through but his path is being blocked.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2016, 09:34:30 AM »
70% of the arrested "protesters" were from out of state:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-22/who-behind-riots-charlotte-police-says-70-arrested-protesters-had-out-state-ids

As the saying goes, "There ought'a be a law." If it isn't already against several laws to travel interstate to incite a riot, there certainly needs to be a federal law prohibiting it -- with very severe penalties.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2016, 09:38:52 AM »
Report of a white guy being beaten by blacks in a downtown parking garage. So it's racist for a black police officer to shoot a black man, but it's not racist (in fact, it's "justice") for black men to beat a white man who had nothing to do with the shooting.

Found this interesting little graph:

Facts don't matter. The sooner we embrace this the sooner we understand what's going on here.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”