Author Topic: Christmas Movies 2021  (Read 931 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Christmas Movies 2021
« on: December 05, 2021, 02:55:14 PM »
Watched our first "official" Christmas movie last night. I have a stack of stuff we'll eventually watch but my perinnial first choice is Ernest Saves Christmas. Yeah it's syrupy, formulaic, B-grade schlock and Jim Varney's Ernest P. Worrel chracter is definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. Clears the mind of troubles and sets a hopeful tone for the whole season. Never fails to bring a grin and a misty eye to this sentimental softy.

We've a whole stack of favorites left to play and a host of more recent fare we've yet to see. Here's a hoisted eggnog and salute to everyone's seasonal viewing pleasure.

Brad
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 04:16:33 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Christmas Movies 2021
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 03:03:43 PM »
Life of Brian.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 03:05:55 PM »
As far as Christmas movies go, I like Die Hard . . . a movie that even has its own Christmas sweater. (Or is it a sweatshirt?)

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 04:02:59 PM »
It's just not Christmas till Hans Gruber falls from Nakatomi plaza.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 05:21:35 PM »
As far as Christmas movies go, I like Die Hard . . . a movie that even has its own Christmas sweater. (Or is it a sweatshirt?)

I need that.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021, 05:35:53 PM »
It's just not Christmas till Hans Gruber falls from Nakatomi plaza.

"A Merry Christmas to us all; God bless us, every one!"
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2021, 06:50:43 PM »
If you have not seen Mel Gibson in Fatman... It has the Santa Bogie seal of approval.
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2021, 06:54:12 PM »
If you have not seen Mel Gibson in Fatman... It has the Santa Bogie seal of approval.

Absolutely a great Christmas movie definitely a top 10 at my house.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2021, 07:02:08 PM »
I think my favorites are Miracle on 34th Street (the kids call it M34 these days), A Holiday Affair, and Wonderful Life.

Anyone else think it's a little weird how cinematic Christmas has gotten? Are there any other holidays where movies have become such a big part of it? Halloween, maybe?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2021, 07:08:02 PM »
I saw an FJB christmas sweater while at my store, here in the heart of hipster country... He got a thumbs up.
Blog under construction

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2021, 10:58:09 PM »
"A Christmas Story" is our favorite
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2021, 11:12:39 PM »
What? No love for Santa Inc?  :rofl:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2021, 09:50:07 AM »
The Family Stone is a tradition for me. The Christmas Chronicles is a good Santa movie, IMO. I think my absolute favorite Christmas movie is The Snowman.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2021, 10:03:08 AM »
No one will ever convince me that there's a better Christmas movie than Silent Night, Deadly Night.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2021, 10:31:58 AM »
Die Hard and Lethal Weapon for me.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2021, 10:34:43 AM »
Love Actually, co-starring our favorite former sheriff deputy from The Walking Dead.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2021, 10:13:03 PM »
The scene with Zoozoo and her flower is a better Christmas movie all by itself than Diehard, Christmas Story, or Christmas Vacation. Change my mind.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2021, 10:28:35 PM »
Watched our first "official" Christmas movie last night. I have a stack of stuff we'll eventually watch but my perinnial first choice is Ernest Saves Christmas. Yeah it's syrupy, formulaic, B-grade schlock and Jim Varney's Ernest P. Worrel chracter is definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. Clears the mind of troubles and sets a hopeful tone for the whole season. Never fails to bring a grin and a misty eye to this sentimental softy.

We've a whole stack of favorites left to play and a host of more recent fare we've yet to see. Here's a hoisted eggnog and salute to everyone's seasonal viewing pleasure.

Brad

I like Ernest Saves Christmas too.  And Die Hard.  I'll have to think about the others...
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2021, 07:12:36 AM »
"And Die Hard."

On Christmas Eve remember to leave cigarettes, shoes, and a twinkee in your ductwork for St. John's visit.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2021, 08:15:55 AM »
"And Die Hard."

On Christmas Eve remember to leave cigarettes, shoes, and a twinkee in your ductwork for St. John's visit.

If you are feeling generous, leave a MP5 and a sweatshirt.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2021, 08:56:20 AM »
That was a well made movie, but it was dark, dark humor. 
β€œIt is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2021, 07:04:30 PM »

I have a Nakatomi Plaza Christmas Party t shirt with a matching mask that says "Yippee Ky Yah mother *expletive deleted*er" that I bought this year. I needed a Christmas shirt for work. Can't wear the mask to work though (which is the only place I mask)  >:D
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds