Author Topic: BAN AXES!  (Read 1116 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
BAN AXES!
« on: July 18, 2016, 08:40:48 PM »
No more axe violence!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/germany-train-axe-attack-afghan-8445784

I want to know why Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton aren't calling for background checks before people can buy axes. Why aren't they publicly decrying "axe violence"?

Obviously only firemen need axes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dm1333

• friend
Re: BAN AXES!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 09:23:44 PM »
I was listening to the news and heard somebody refer to the ax wielder as a "gunman".  Also heard it when the Nice story was being reported, that the "gunman" drove a truck into the crowd.   :facepalm:

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 11:59:04 PM »
I was listening to the news and heard somebody refer to the ax wielder as a "gunman".  Also heard it when the Nice story was being reported, that the "gunman" drove a truck into the crowd.   :facepalm:

Actually, the truck driver did have firearms in the truck, both real and fake.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 07:28:40 AM »
http://www.newson6.com/story/32473774/tulsa-police-investigating-fatal-officer-involved-shooting

Case where bad guy with an ax met his end at the hand of good guys with guns.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 07:37:35 AM »
*expletive deleted*ing assault axes.

I bet it was one of those damned black synthetic light weight high test stainless steel Fiskars abominations no one but a certified properly trained professional lumberjack needs! After all no one needs anything but granddads maul for splitting wood or his single bit carbon steel axe for chopping the occasional tree to put wood in the EPA certified efficient low carbon footprint wood hearth!
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 08:51:05 AM »
I heard he used an axe that had a barrel shroud.

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Perd Hapley

• friend

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 01:25:38 PM »
We played around with a few different types of improvised weapons for a while in a martial arts class.  You know, axes are devastating...when you can hit.  They're also slow and unwieldy, and I'd expect even the most pathetic yellow belt in Bubba-fu to be able to drop a lightly skilled axe-wielding attacker; it's just too easy to get inside its effective range while the guy is dealing with leftover momentum from his last swing.  Really, it's like you get to use all those techniques that work against slashing weapons at the dramatically reduced speed you learned them at.  Flailing around with one in the confines of most train cars makes it even less effective as a weapon; way too many things for it to snag on.

As for the attacker's skill, outside of maybe the Swiss Guard, I'm not sure where one could go to learn to use an axe in combat more effectively than is intuitive, so I really doubt he was some sort of lumberninja.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 01:46:26 PM »
I really doubt he was some sort of lumberninja.

Lumberninja? Maybe not. But it would make a great band name.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 04:26:10 PM »
*expletive deleted*ing assault axes.

I bet it was one of those damned black synthetic light weight high test stainless steel Fiskars abominations no one but a certified properly trained professional lumberjack needs! After all no one needs anything but granddads maul for splitting wood or his single bit carbon steel axe for chopping the occasional tree to put wood in the EPA certified efficient low carbon footprint wood hearth!

Did it have the shoulder thingy that goes up?  Those really scare me!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 06:28:17 PM »
Did it have the shoulder thingy that goes up?  Those really scare me!
Pft. It had the shoulder thing that goes sideways.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 08:52:18 PM »
Scholagladiatoria (?) and Skallagrim on YouTube have some good videos on using the axe as a weapon. Fighting axes have light, thin blades for easier manipulation. They can be quite formidable....but, there's a reason that the sword and spear were kings of the battlefield.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.