Author Topic: A River in Egypt--DEE NILE  (Read 2869 times)

Iain

• friend
A River in Egypt--DEE NILE
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 06:04:42 AM »
Europe is not a place. Europe is an idea.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 06:45:27 AM »
Oooooooooooooooh.  Isn't Turkey already a member?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 06:51:52 AM »
Not a full member.  Have been an associate member for 40 years and applied for full membership in '87.

Negotiations for full membership have been ongoing since October of '05.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

M67

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2006, 08:28:43 AM »
The problem is that Europe has let in so many muslims, that they are a potent political fact of life there.  France is pushing 20% of the population, as are the Netherlands and Norway.
I think France is more like 10% or less, The Netherlands around 5. Norway has 1.7% muslims - roughly the same as the US.

So a Turkish airliner full of Turkish passangers was highjacked by a Turk - and I'm an appeasing pacifist. QED. A somewhat dizzy pacifist trying to fit all that logic into one tiny brain. And here I was, thinking I was a fire spitting blue-helmeted zombie. But I guess one can't argue with facts...

I think I'll go hug a plant now.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006, 10:17:15 AM »
Hug something yummy like eggplant.  Mmmm, eggplant, can't wait for Thanksgiving.Cheesy
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 01:08:26 PM »
Something less than 5% of total land mass (by my rough estimate) is in Europe.  Population is likely a higher percentage, though.
If we really want to split hairs (and clearly you do), the plane was departing Albania for Istanbul, which means that it would not have left Europe, even by your definition.

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2006, 03:54:22 PM »
"Aren't these guys just pretty much just ignorant, hillbilly, rednecks dressed in sheets, who talk funny?  Hopefully, in 50 years or so, we'll just have to put up with them marching at city hall once a year or so.  Do they have trailer parks in Fokkedupistann"

Do you know how ignorant you sound when you insult honest God-fearing hillbillies and rednecks? Do you even know the difference between a hillbilly and a redneck?

John