Author Topic: Coffee  (Read 6794 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Coffee
« on: December 31, 2009, 11:52:06 AM »
So... we're all big strapping man's men that drink our camping coffee, Turkish style, and chew the grounds stoically. =D

That being said... what's your favorite stuff to put in coffee?

This week, I've been on a condensed milk kick.  Got turned onto it by a vietnamese girlfriend back in college and I probably crack a can of condensed milk once a year.  I usually get through about half the can before I get tired of it, though.  It's really sweet.

My mom makes some REALLY great kahlua.  She gives a bottle to everyone "of age" each year for Christmas.

I tend to not do the whiskey thing.  I drink coffee in the morning and I don't like the idea of breaking open "real" alcohol that early.  Kahlua is one thing... whiskey another.

What about the rest of APS?  Any neat coffee additives?
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cosine

• Administrator
Re: Coffee
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 11:55:30 AM »
Pretty plain here... just milk and sugar.
Andy

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 11:59:29 AM »
Okay, I'll be non-manly. I use non-fat half & half and Stevia. I just got a Keurig coffee maker for Christmas and have actually shelved the French Press. They make a K-cup by Coffee people called "Donut Shop", and that plus my additives is just like having Dunkin' Donuts coffee (which we don't have here) in the morning.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »
Black at home

French Vanilla for gas station coffee

Non dairy creamer at work

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 12:14:53 PM »
what's your favorite stuff to put in coffee?

Water  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

robear

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 12:15:56 PM »
Got a Keurig a few months ago.   I like the Donut Shop coffee also.   The Timothy's Italian Blend and the Van Houtte Columbian are my current favorites however.

My normal additive is half&half, but I have been known to throw a splash of Bailey's Irish Cream in on occasion. =D

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 12:23:37 PM »
First off I start off with fresh ground, then I "ruin it" ,according to some, with coffee mate.
I've been hooked on their Creme Brulee flavor for some time.. although the new chocolate toffee is really good.
Especially when I blend the CB and CT together.  I prefer my first cup sweeter than the following two.
I'm also a fan of just straight half and half with a tad bit of sugar. 
My manliness shines when I munch on straight beans, especially when they are coated with chocolate :)
The only coffee I ENJOY black is fresh roasted fresh ground.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »
The Timothy's Italian Blend and the Van Houtte Columbian are my current favorites however.

I've been experimenting and though I don't want to have to admit it because of the marketing gimmick, "Newman's Own" Extra Bold is also a REALLY great cup of coffee.

Also Coffee People's Jet Fuel if you want a quick pick-me-up. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 12:29:24 PM »
Usually black.  Sometimes (33%) with a dollop of heavy cream.  I'll have to try the condensed milk.
If it's the nasti stuff from the devils-lung coffee pot at work, I might pour in some granulated sugar.

IMO, a good cup of coffee needs nothing.
7-11 was a part time job.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 12:50:13 PM »
A bit of sugar and Hazelnut creamer. On some occasions, Bailey's :)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2009, 01:09:02 PM »
Whole milk, from a little up to cafe au lait (1/2 milk).  The stronger the coffee, the more milk I can tolerate.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2009, 01:13:07 PM »
When I was in AU, I developed a serious jonez for iced coffee

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 01:27:32 PM »
Guilty of Coffeemate here.  Usually French Vanilla.  I prefer a little sugar, but somehow I'm too lazy to add sugar.  I mean, it requires the use of a spoon.

Wow, I sound really lazy.  

Someday when I have more time, I'll start making vanilla sugar to add to my coffee with half and half.  

Occasionally cafe au lait, but only when I want to have some real food (to the extent milk qualifies as real food) with my coffee.  Cafe au lait with beignet on my upcoming New Orleans trip.  
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 02:35:09 PM by BridgeWalker »

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2009, 01:30:18 PM »
I drink my coffee black.  The wife fills her cup 90% with International Delight french vanilla creamer, and adds a few drops of coffee for color.  :laugh:

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2009, 01:59:52 PM »
I like my coffee the way I like my women: hot, strong and black.  Ms. MillCreek keeps pointing out that she is Caucasian, but I tell her that I just shut my eyes and pretend.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2009, 02:19:47 PM »
hot, strong and black

I saw that coming, and am surprised it took so long.
7-11 was a part time job.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2009, 02:21:46 PM »
I was waiting for "ground up and in the freezer" but I think we are trying to be more high road than that!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2009, 02:33:51 PM »
But I actually do take my drip or press coffee black.  I have been enjoying some eggnog lattes for the past month while the eggnog is out.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2009, 02:35:36 PM »
what's your favorite stuff to put in coffee?

Half and half and chocolate syrup.

I like my women: hot, strong and black.  Ms. MillCreek keeps pointing out that she is Caucasian,

<shrug>.  I see no necessary contradiction here.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2009, 03:53:41 PM »
I like my coffee the way I like my women: hot, strong and black.  Ms. MillCreek keeps pointing out that she is Caucasian, but I tell her that I just shut my eyes and pretend. 

:laugh:

I like cheap diner coffee, black... maybe a smidge of sugar if I'm feeling wild.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 06:52:55 PM »
I've got some egg nog left over from Christmas.  I wonder how that would taste added to coffee?

Oops, that's what I get for not reading all the posts.  I missed your's about the eggnog, MillCreek.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 07:08:39 PM »
In my Keurig, Green Mountain Columbian Fair Trade Select.  Black.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 08:37:51 PM »
Usually black.  Occasionally, instant cocoa is the bomm.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 08:45:28 PM »
At home, I take my coffee black.

At work, I'll cut the nasty icky starbucks bitterness with some sucrose and a dash of sodium chloride.

When camping, the coffee is dosed with a healthy shot of Barenjager or Navan liqueur.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2009, 09:56:32 PM »
I like my coffee the way I like my women: hot, strong and black.  

You beat me to it....but I'm gonna do it anyway....

I like my coffee like I like my women....HOT, STRONG, DARK, AND FULL OF SUGAR...   >:D

(....and my wife is all but the dark part....guess I'll get her a tanning membership....  ;)  )

...but occasionally I'll add a pack of hot cocoa mix to my coffee....just for something different.... :angel:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.