Author Topic: Coffee  (Read 6795 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Coffee
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2009, 10:15:30 PM »
Milk and brown sugar.

If I'm adding a little something to make my day more pleasant, a shot of Disaronno.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 12:10:38 AM »
Cardamom.  I acquired the habit from a ninety-something Yemeni gentleman who also hooked me on Yemeni Moka.  If you haven't any cardamom already, note when shopping that the bright white pods have been bleached and bleaching can diminish quality.  If you get to open a sample pod before buying, try to find seeds that are black and oily.  I have had excellent luck with cardamom from India and Guatemala:  far better than the bleached Spice Island or Schilling  stuff and at an eighth to a tenth the price.  Try Indian, Pakistani, and southeast Asian groceries.

To put into coffee, I also favor the cheaper Irish whiskeys, aged black rums (Old Monk 7 year old from India is a current favorite,) and brandies (Paul Masson VS is surprisingly drinkable for the price.)  Higher grade liquors go into snifters on  the side, of course.

Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 01:41:21 AM »
Honey can be quite a good additive. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Owens

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2010, 09:10:26 AM »
Normal everyday: Farmers Market Coffee & Chicory, nothing added.

On occasion, a shot of Jameson or a dolop of Grandmas molasses.
Life Member NRA, TSRA

Stickjockey

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 01:36:40 PM »
TallPine beat me to it.

I will occasionally add a couple grains of salt to coffee made with Starbuck's just to cut the burnt, bitter taste.
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 03:56:05 PM »
Double measure of coffee, FFFg, and roofing nails. I hate it when I wake up in a good mood.  :lol:
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2010, 02:16:16 AM »
Cardamom.  I acquired the habit from a ninety-something Yemeni gentleman who also hooked me on Yemeni Moka.  If you haven't any cardamom already, note when shopping that the bright white pods have been bleached and bleaching can diminish quality.  If you get to open a sample pod before buying, try to find seeds that are black and oily.  I have had excellent luck with cardamom from India and Guatemala:  far better than the bleached Spice Island or Schilling  stuff and at an eighth to a tenth the price.  Try Indian, Pakistani, and southeast Asian groceries.

To put into coffee, I also favor the cheaper Irish whiskeys, aged black rums (Old Monk 7 year old from India is a current favorite,) and brandies (Paul Masson VS is surprisingly drinkable for the price.)  Higher grade liquors go into snifters on  the side, of course.

Cardamom is good stuff in coffee, especially if your preference is to drink it black.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2010, 02:29:45 AM »
Good coffee is taken black, most stuff is heavily laced with whatever is available. Whole milk and unrefined (turbinado?) sugar being my preference, although back in my more stupid younger days large amounts of white sugar and Irish Cream or French Vanilla creamer was the order of the day. Over compensation for the fact that my first coffee experience was a straight, unadulterated double shot of espresso. Not a gentle introduction.  ;) Still not a bad choice for awful coffee or a generic coffee-ish means of caffeine delivery. Rather like the difference between Guinness and domestic horse piss looking "lite beer" alcohol delivery systems. Must try that cardamom sometime.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2010, 03:19:52 AM »
I put one spoon of sugar in my coffee.

I have been using Florida Crystals/Turbinado/Sugar in the Raw in my coffee lately. I think it has more flavor than plain white sugar and adds a nice flavor.

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2010, 09:33:18 AM »
Usually black with LOTS of Splenda/sucralose.  My daughter brought back some Jamaica Green Mountain beans from Montego bay, and it's really good, but not as really good as I remember it to be from years back.  I'll go back to my good ol Eight O'Clock Colombian, when these beans are done.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2010, 11:26:32 AM »
I drink real coffee..............strong and black.  On weekends, a shot of rye in it takes the edge off......chris3

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 03:00:37 PM »
In the morning I have some black coffee right out of the coffee press.  I pour out the excess from the press and save for later.  In the afternoon I'll usually have a roughly half and half mixture of coffe and milked poured over ice with a shot of vanilla syrup.

I also add about a tsp of salt to my coffee press coffee to take some of the edge off.   
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2010, 03:30:40 PM »
Black, usually.

If it's super strong and bitter, I'll add cream to tame it a bit.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »
Ususally black.

Every once in awhile I will add a packet of hot chocolate mix.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

zahc

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2010, 08:08:53 PM »
I don't drink coffee habitually. I like my coffee black, but, I don't like it strong. I often water down truck-stop coffee 50% or more. If I'm drinking coffee by itself, I may add some sugar, but typically the sugar is provided by the donut etc. I'll only drink coffee by itself if I'm really cold, really sleepy, etc.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2010, 11:23:20 PM »
Splenda and heavy cream.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2010, 04:07:42 PM »
A fork.
D. R. ZINN

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2010, 05:11:11 PM »
Oooh, you wins. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2010, 05:29:28 PM »
Hey, I never won a thread before! Here's another:

I like my coffee like I like my women: black and bitter.
D. R. ZINN

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2010, 05:34:04 PM »

A fork.

Is that how you know it's done?
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2010, 05:36:31 PM »
That's how you know it's strong enough.
D. R. ZINN

castle key

• friend
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2010, 05:46:02 AM »
(....and my wife is all but the dark part....guess I'll get her a tanning membership....  ;)  )

That will soon be taxed. (The tanning that is!)
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.