Author Topic: TSA detains Ron Paul organization member as suspected millitia  (Read 9817 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: TSA detains Ron Paul organization member as suspected millitia
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2009, 10:09:59 AM »
Guys. Let's take stuff in proportion, shall we?

I mean. I don't think these guys should have acted in this manner.

But come on. It's not an act of terrible, evil oppression. This guy was held up for 30 minutes. There are far more disgusting things you can pin on the government without blowing every tiny incident out of proportion.

I love the CFL, God bless their radical hearts, but that sounds like they're pulling for donations.

Thirty minutes' delay will cause most folks to miss their flight.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2009, 03:21:58 PM »
Since they clearly knew the money was campaign funds, just how can there ever have been any question of criminal activity?

how did they clearly know that?  when the young man was asked if they were campaign funds and he deigned to answer he heard "you were free to go". the other tsa jerked his chain 5 mins longer and then he made his flight
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2009, 05:10:42 AM »
Guys. Let's take stuff in proportion, shall we?

I mean. I don't think these guys should have acted in this manner.

But come on. It's not an act of terrible, evil oppression. This guy was held up for 30 minutes.

He shouldn't have been held up at ALL.

Ok, so imagine:
You're walking down the street, legally concealing your weapon (we'll assume you're licensed or otherwise legally allowed to do so) and you are detained for 30 mins while the cops decide what to do with you.

You have not broken any law.  It's obvious after a cursory examination of the situation that you have not broken any law.  Any delay other than a few moments is uncalled for, and grounds for "whining" as it were.

If any authorities (fake ones like TSA or real ones like police) have no probable cause for comission of a crime, this shouldn't happen.  Period.

I guess infringements are OK as long as they don't last too long, now?
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2009, 07:31:48 AM »
He shouldn't have been held up at ALL

He was a Ron Paul voter!  Not only should he have been hassled, beaten, and then tarred and feathered, TSA should have made him perform a week of community service picking up trash since his own house and yard is a pig pen.

Ok, so imagine:
You're walking down the street, legally concealing your weapon (we'll assume you're licensed or otherwise legally allowed to do so) and you are detained for 30 mins while the cops decide what to do with you.

You have not broken any law.  It's obvious after a cursory examination of the situation that you have not broken any law.  Any delay other than a few moments is uncalled for, and grounds for "whining" as it were.

Don't have to imagine.  Happened to me last October in Indianapolis.

I did not whimper and whine like some Wookie suiter clining to my bong and science fiction novels.  I just open carry everytime I'm in Indianapolis. =D

I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2009, 07:38:24 AM »
He was a Ron Paul voter!  Not only should he have been hassled, beaten, and then tarred and feathered, TSA should have made him perform a week of community service picking up trash since his own house and yard is a pig pen.

Don't have to imagine.  Happened to me last October in Indianapolis.

I did not whimper and whine like some Wookie suiter clining to my bong and science fiction novels.  I just open carry everytime I'm in Indianapolis. =D

YGBSM, not this tired old crap again?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 07:48:52 AM »
The Great and Noble Crusade to rid this planet of Paulians is never over!

I will not rest until everyone one of them bathes, shaves, gets out of mom's basement and picks up their yard!

I have much work to do.

Paulian Police=> :police:
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 08:22:30 AM »

I will not rest until everyone one of them bathes, shaves, gets out of mom's basement and picks up their yard!

I have much work to do.

Paulian Police TSA Sturmgoon=> :police:

Fixed.....  :P
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 09:27:05 AM »
He shouldn't have been held up at ALL.

If any authorities (fake ones like TSA or real ones like police) have no probable cause for comission of a crime, this shouldn't happen.  Period.

I guess infringements are OK as long as they don't last too long, now?

..you misunderstand me entirely.

Again:

I think the Campaign for Liberty has been the best consequence of this election cycle.

I think Ron Paul  his supporters are awesome people. Most specifically I think Ron Paul is awesome.

I don't think protesting in wookie suits, staging giant rallies, and protesting the Fox News headquarters doesn't make these people faily, nor does the fact some of them are nerds. I think it makes them awesome. I think nerds are a superior species to non-nerds, and I'd trade six people in three-piece suits who want to be all conventional and boring and never rock the boat for one CFL precinct captain.

I think Ron Paul was the best political candidate to ever seek any Presidential nomination of the Democrats or the Republicans in the last 44 years.

I think the very existence of the TSA is unconstitutional.

I even think this was a disgusting show of thuggery, and the guy abused should have sued them for every dime he can squeeze out of them.

However, this is just not really newsworthy because worse abuses happen every day. There are people in the US who are not allowed to fly at all because their name lights up on a terrorist database, there are people who are doing 5-year prison terms because they were possessing the wrong sort of item, there are people shot and killed in no-knock raids, and so on, and so forth, et ad nauseam.

Don't you think some guy getting detained for 30 minutes and NOT missing his flight is sort of minor on the scheme of things?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 10:01:01 AM »
MB:

Well, yeah, in the long run we're all dead anyways.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 10:07:44 AM »
MB:

Well, yeah, in the long run we're all dead anyways.

I know this is tongue-in-cheek, but I really want to slap people who say things like this.

It's this sort of crap that will cause my children to live in a world worse than the one I was born into.

For that, I am ashamed (even though I've fought it all the way).
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 11:25:22 AM »

I have much work to do.

Paulian Police=> :police:

Would you stow it?  There are more important issues than that.  Can you tell me why my weiner is orange?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »
Would you stow it?  There are more important issues than that.  Can you tell me why my weiner is orange?

Does the missus drink Tang?   :angel:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

brasshammer

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2009, 12:09:38 PM »

Namaste Yoga and Cheetos.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2009, 03:00:40 PM »

Do you usually pick up women at the Orange Julius stand?....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2009, 07:14:29 PM »
Jamis, we don't care why your weiner is orange.  Not our problem.  Go back to your basement, or go below decks, whichever you prefer.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

El Tejon

• friend
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2009, 07:54:01 PM »
Weiner is orange?

Vitamin C poisoning?  Girlfriend is trying a new look?  Cheap orange underwear on sale at Target?  You've been highlighting a lot at work?

Trust me, I am a doctor.

And my diagnosis is raving Wookiesuiteritis!  The cure:  El Tejon berating them for being fat, lazy and Libertarian--all without permit.

• friends
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2009, 10:26:25 PM »
There are people in the US who are not allowed to fly at all because their name lights up on a terrorist database,

there are? who?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2009, 11:06:45 PM »
However, this is just not really newsworthy because worse abuses happen every day. There are people in the US who are not allowed to fly at all because their name lights up on a terrorist database, there are people who are doing 5-year prison terms because they were possessing the wrong sort of item, there are people shot and killed in no-knock raids, and so on, and so forth, et ad nauseam.
The difference is simply that this time there's a record of their conduct.

There are people in the US who are not allowed to fly at all because their name lights up on a terrorist database,
there are? who?
No-one knows for sure, because they won't release that information.
D. R. ZINN

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2009, 11:20:33 PM »

there are? who?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-fly_list#False_positives_and_other_controversial_cases
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

• friends
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2009, 11:24:31 PM »
is there someone who actually can't fly? as opposed to getting subjected to extra searches and checks before flying
?

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2009, 12:02:28 AM »
Yes. David Nelson, for one. So who's David Nelson? Who knows? Does it matter to all of the "wrong" David Nelsons?

http://archives.californiaaviation.org/airport/msg26610.html

• friends
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2009, 01:52:23 AM »
er no or at least no to the folks in the article you linked to