Author Topic: Traction Control  (Read 9807 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Traction Control
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2009, 07:51:34 AM »
where can you get a clutch for 150?  i want 2 please!
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2009, 08:16:23 AM »
where can you get a clutch for 150?  i want 2 please!

It's been a while since I had a car that was in good enough shape to bother replacing a clutch on, but that was what it cost for my old 1985 Nissan 200SX back when I had it.

IIRC, a full transmission rebuild was $750 with labor, and that's from the good transmission guy.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2009, 11:44:26 AM »
a clutch in good hands can last a looong time

Mine do.  ;)  Actually, the throwout bearings fail first, but most of my vehicles were bought used so who knows what happened before?  I suppose double-clutching increases wear on the bearing while reducing wear on the disc.

Nice thing about GM pickups/trucks is that they used mostly the same clutch parts from the 1940s up through at least the 1980s.  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin