Author Topic: Union thug shoots businessman who wouldn't play along  (Read 9757 times)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Union thug shoots businessman who wouldn't play along
« on: August 17, 2011, 12:21:21 PM »
http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/17/union-organizer-suspected-of-shooting-non-union-ohio-employer/

I only hope he gets armed and prepared to defend himself in the future.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:27:25 PM by JamisJockey »
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Union thug shoots businessman who wouldn't play along
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 12:31:41 PM »
Unpossible.  Really it was a tea partier painting "scab" on a black man's suv, and then shooting the black man.  Had to be.  Only the tea party engages in violence, after all....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 01:15:29 PM »
So here's a question for the fabled "Reasonable Man":

With this history of threats, assault, and violence, if the next time he sees someone in his driveway messing with his car, what if he just shoots him from the house?*

I think a case could be made that with a pattern of escalating threats and violence (moving from threats to vandalism to shooting) you could reasonably be in fear for your life at that point.

*I know that the law wouldn't support that action, but if it goes to trial the DA better hope he doesn't get me on the jury.  We had a case in FL a couple years back where a shopowner chased down and ran over a robber because he was in fear he would come back and rob/shoot him at a later date.  The Jury went for it.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 02:14:12 PM »
Bloodlust and uncontrolled frustration do not make for a civilized society.

That's why the law says the threat has to be imminent.

The law cannot control for how people react emotionally to bloodlust and/or uncontrolled frustration.  Thus prosecutors who do not bring charges and juries that do not convict.

Notwithstanding how someone might wish they could respond, it is necessary to at least publically take the position that bloodlust and uncontrolled frustration, especially in the absence of imminent threat, are not excuses or justifications for violating the law.

That, or "It was dark.  I could not distinguish facial features.  I believed he was pointing a weapon at me.  I was in fear for my life.  I'll be happy to respond to your questions after I have had the opportunity to consult with my attorney."

In closing, why do folks persistin going outside, unarmed or armed, to investigate the presence of a stranger on their property?  Do they not have telephones with which to call the police?  Do they not have insurance to cover the repair/replacement of property and the expenses of lost wages?  Do they not have a prepared plan for hunkering down in a fortified defensive position to await either the arrival of the police or the storming of their house by the bad person(s) presently outside?

I'll probably get tired of asking those questions when folks get tired of going outside to see who the bad person is and what they are doing before deciding what to do about them being outside doing whatever it is they are doing.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 03:01:41 PM »
In closing, why do folks persistin going outside, unarmed or armed, to investigate the presence of a stranger on their property?  Do they not have telephones with which to call the police?

In my area it would take a deputy a minumum of 30 minutes to get here.

I own all of my 40 acres, not just the house.  I also have livestock that I consider family.

I am dam sure not going to be confined to my house because somebody is creeping around my place.  :mad:

And I am dam sure not going out there unarmed.  Actually, I never go outside the house unarmed with at least my six shooter that goes on with my pants in the morning.  If I think there might be something going on out there then I take a rifle also to investigate.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 03:17:15 PM »

why do folks persistin going outside, unarmed or armed, to investigate the presence of a stranger on their property?  Do they not have telephones with which to call the police?  Do they not have insurance to cover the repair/replacement of property and the expenses of lost wages?  Do they not have a prepared plan for hunkering down in a fortified defensive position to await either the arrival of the police or the storming of their house by the bad person(s) presently outside?

I'm always armed, outside, inside & even when I'm dreaming :lol:
Telephone? nope, no land line & cellphone , my plan? I go out side and investigate, but with 40 acres and three dogs I'm reasonably certain I'll be able to see them before they see me. The police do not come unless I drive 20 miles into phone range and call them
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 03:23:14 PM »
Actually, I never go outside the house unarmed with at least my six shooter that goes on with my pants in the morning.  If I think there might be something going on out there then I take a rifle also to investigate.

same here except EDC is a Glock with a spare mag, one of these days I'm getting a cool six shooter or 1911 so I can look like a for real cowboy :cool: I'm semi cowboy though, for outside patrolling during uninvited folks that the dogs don't seem to like is a winchester lever action that mr ranch owner has- I think its 45LC, kind of cowboy ish...we have cowboys around these parts-I never see them armed, I guess they have something in the truck though
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 03:33:23 PM »
so, have they caught the criminal shooter yet?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 03:38:04 PM »
we have cowboys around these parts-I never see them armed, I guess they have something in the truck though

My ranch neighbors carry revolvers when out walking or riding their 4-wheelers.

I don't think they ride horses anymore.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 04:40:58 PM »
one of the neighbors still uses horses to monitor cattle or what ever it is they do on horseback, but they're to far away to see if they are packing, the other cowboys are always driving pick ups & I see them in town. The cattle ranch neighbor is about ten or fifteen miles away, they graze nearby though. but I would have to drive/walk to the other end of the ranch & over a road and a fence to get close enough to see if they were armed, they were over for a visit last yr & I was the only one open carrying at the bbq-I was also the only one not drinking

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 05:18:23 PM »
OK!  OK!

I'll change it.

Why do folks who live in cities ......

Is that better?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »
In that situation, it's perfectly understandable that a person believes that a) a vandal will probably leave if confronted, and b) they should at least get close enough to see the person's face, so they can give a description later. That ain't so crazy.

As for why people go about unarmed, well, most Americans do it. It's a good question.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 08:09:49 PM »
Skidmark,

What part of a civilized society allows for organized campaigns of intimidation and violence against one who's business practice you dislike?

Much like the folks who did/are planning to stand around outside polls and intimidate voters, I would beginning to be of the opinion that are society is not as civilized as those who wrote the laws would have liked.

And as for not going outside?  Completely separate from the issues of property rights and living in fear of bottom feeders, for the majority of people in this country confronting the vandal stops both the damage and curtails violence right then.  Why shouldn't you go out and try and stop them?

Also, and I see this sentiment a lot, the fact that I have insurance doesn't mean I'm not out time and money if a crime is committed against me.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 02:26:38 PM »
OK!  OK!

I'll change it.

Why do folks who live in cities ......

Is that better?

stay safe.

Because still nowadays unless there is a real threat it could take the police 30-40 minutes to respond.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 02:35:56 PM »
In closing, why do folks persistin going outside, unarmed or armed, to investigate the presence of a stranger on their property? 
Because protecting what's yours is buried somewhere in our brains.  And because if you scare them off they might not finish stealing your stuff.

Do they not have telephones with which to call the police?
Have you ever done that? How did that work out for you?

I have. What happens is that police show up anywhere from a half hour to three hours after the call, make smartass remarks and give you a piece of paper that you can't even wipe your butt with (it's too small and hard). That's it. Nothing gets investigated, nobody gets caught. I still call, but with every call I am less sure why I bother. I also have been told that unless I am bleeding nobody will come and that I should stop by the station and fill out a report.

Do they not have insurance to cover the repair/replacement of property and the expenses of lost wages? 
Are you kidding me? If I could afford that, I likely would have a newer car and a better place to park it.

Do they not have a prepared plan for hunkering down in a fortified defensive position to await either the arrival of the police or the storming of their house by the bad person(s) presently outside?
Plans tend to evaporate when you wake up at 2am from your wife elbowing you in the ribs and telling you somebody is stealing the car you need to drive to work in the morning.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 03:06:21 PM »
Have you ever done that? How did that work out for you?

I have. What happens is that police show up anywhere from a half hour to three hours after the call, make smartass remarks and give you a piece of paper that you can't even wipe your butt with (it's too small and hard). That's it. Nothing gets investigated, nobody gets caught. I still call, but with every call I am less sure why I bother. I also have been told that unless I am bleeding nobody will come and that I should stop by the station and fill out a report.

You get them to show up?

Here, they tell you to fill out a form online.  Nothing ever happens to that form; I doubt anyone even reads it.  There's not even a way you can find your form online after you submit it, so I doubt they even save it.

All the officers are too busy writing seatbelt tickets at $100 a pop to actually do anything about crime.

"It's good, though..."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »
You get them to show up?

Here, they tell you to fill out a form online.  Nothing ever happens to that form; I doubt anyone even reads it.  There's not even a way you can find your form online after you submit it, so I doubt they even save it.

All the officers are too busy writing seatbelt tickets at $100 a pop to actually do anything about crime.

At least they make not wearing a seat belt hurt.  In Oklahoma it is a $20 fine.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 03:16:44 PM »

Not wearing a seat belt should hurt... if you are in a crash. Fining people for it is stupid.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 03:25:31 PM »

I don't have a big problem with it on the major streets, expressways, rural highways, etc.  The one I got was in my own neighborhood a block from my house.  Cop saw me pull out from veterinary office and followed me 2 blocks to write the ticket.  He was on a special Seatbelt Patrol called in from Minneapolis; they were trying to see how many tickets they could write that week (they only tell you that after it's over or somebody else who got a ticket warns you)

I was worried about my dog having surgery and didnt think about the seatbelt -- I was only going a couple of blocks 5 to 10 mph on a quiet dead end street.

The city needs that $102.50 more than I do.
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 03:29:57 PM »
You get them to show up?

Reminds me of the joke where the guy tells the 911 operator, "Okay, thanks, I understand you guys are busy. I'll just shoot the guys breaking into my shed then, bye...>:D
I promise not to duck.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 03:33:49 PM »
I've found that asking someone's position on seat-belt laws for adults to be a good litmus test.  It's a very clear trade-freedom-for-safety-benefits question.

Helmet laws a are good too, especially to ask a non-rider, as it doesn't personally affect them.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 04:06:15 PM »
I've found that asking someone's position on seat-belt laws for adults to be a good litmus test.  It's a very clear trade-freedom-for-safety-benefits question.

Helmet laws a are good too, especially to ask a non-rider, as it doesn't personally affect them.

Seat belt vs. helmet is a bad comparison; the seat belt will affect your ability to maintain or regain control of a vehicle after the initial impact, (hopefully avoiding more impacts, or at least hitting things of lower value like guardrails instead of pedestrians) while by the time a helmet comes into play, control of the vehicle is irrevocably lost.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 04:20:32 PM »
The discussion about police needs an important fact reiterated, police, by definition and charter are not tasked with PREVENTING or STOPPING crime (even in progress), only to enforce and deliver to the judiciary those that HAVE broken the law...otherwise, they could be held liable for NOT preventing or stopping crime.  While intervening during a crime, or protecting property/life, or preventing/deterring crime is valuable, and is done as it makes the actual chartered role easier/more effective, it is not a requirement.  That's why I get sick of the "why do you need to defend yourself, that's what the police are for" argument, it's both obviously, and legally wrong.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 04:53:57 PM »
The discussion about police needs an important fact reiterated, police, by definition and charter are not tasked with PREVENTING or STOPPING crime (even in progress), only to enforce and deliver to the judiciary those that HAVE broken the law...otherwise, they could be held liable for NOT preventing or stopping crime.  While intervening during a crime, or protecting property/life, or preventing/deterring crime is valuable, and is done as it makes the actual chartered role easier/more effective, it is not a requirement.  That's why I get sick of the "why do you need to defend yourself, that's what the police are for" argument, it's both obviously, and legally wrong.

I agree. Just to add to that train of thought... Police Officers are nothing more than people performing a job. They can quit whenever they want. They are under no legal obligation to be police officers if they decide that the job is too boring/dangerous/low paying/etc.   I like to throw that into the mix when discussing CCW and self-reliance.

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 05:02:49 PM »
Not to mention some of us just don't like to put up with $hit  :P