Author Topic: Regarding death investigation of driver struck by Tony Stewart car  (Read 9752 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Regarding death investigation of driver struck by Tony Stewart car
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 09:44:36 PM »
We're having a good ol' fight (well it's not much of a fight, more like an ass beating) over on my FB page over this...

yeah, but dumb dumb has since gone away and all that's left is some slightly disturbing drift...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

wmenorr67

• friend
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2014, 09:47:56 PM »
yeah, but dumb dumb has since gone away and all that's left is some slightly disturbing drift...

What is disturbing Liz?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2014, 09:48:25 PM »

Yall the ones that drifted, not moi

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2014, 09:50:25 PM »
Yall the ones that drifted, not moi

you helped, Ricky Bobby. :P
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2014, 09:57:14 PM »
you helped, Ricky Bobby. :P
Ok miss back of a Volkswagen
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 10:02:21 PM »
Ok miss back of a Volkswagen

hey, I tried not stick to Strawberry Wine and candles, but nooo... we had to get into Malt liquor and 8 second rides...

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 10:04:07 PM »
hey, I tried not stick to Strawberry Wine and candles, but nooo... we had to get into Malt liquor and 8 second rides...

I'm fine with Strawberry Wine and candles.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 10:05:26 PM »
Sounds romantic
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 10:06:01 PM »
Don't they have crosswalks at the race track  ???

=D

No, but got a bridge. They close it when the cars are at speed. You have to try real hard to clear it in a flip, but it can be done. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1cObBkYS1s
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend

wmenorr67

• friend

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
So wait, the dude walked out into the middle of a race track at night? And people are blaming the driver who hit him?

Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 02:59:14 PM »
I just watched the video again (previously, my connection was bork'd) and it appears that Stewart hit the throttle when he got near the pedestrian, but, since the rear end kicked out to the left, it would appear that Tony was trying to prevent hitting said pedestrian with his rear tire.

I think the deceased driver had a terminal case of the stupids.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 03:03:56 PM by Sergeant Bob »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 03:03:05 PM »
When the car kicked is right at the point of impact.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 07:20:33 PM »
No, but got a bridge. They close it when the cars are at speed. You have to try real hard to clear it in a flip, but it can be done. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1cObBkYS1s

Stuff happens.

My brother and I used to crew for a friend who ran a modified at a local short track -- paved 1/4-mile oval. The track was at an amusement park, and the pits were between the back straight and a river. There was a very high chain link fence around just about all of the track -- I never knew if they expected keep cars in or people out.

One night Joe was caught taking an outside line going into turn one. The car inside him bumped him still higher. The right front wheel caught the barrier at just the right (or wrong) angle and rode up it, launching the car over the fence and into the pits, where it landed upside down on another car (that mercifully wasn't occupied). If he hadn't landed on that car, he would have gone over the embankment into the river and probably drowned.

The sick part is that the following week attendance was double the normal crowd. Word spread and everyone was hoping for a rerun.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 07:25:33 PM »
The sick part is that the following week attendance was double the normal crowd. Word spread and everyone was hoping for a rerun.

That is part of what brings 'em in. A long time ago on that little dirt track we ran the 55 Chevy around if you were unfortunate enough to roll or endo your car, the track management would reward with beer to help ease the blow of having to knock the dents out of your car before the next Saturday night. Some guys I would swear that they only came out for the chance to win some beer. It was Oklahoma so that is very possible. There sure wasn't much in the way of other rewards, even if you won. ;)

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 07:33:35 PM »
Caution flag or not, running into race car traffic is action worthy of a Darwin award . . .  :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 08:40:40 PM »
Have a photo I shared on my FB that is taken from the seat of one of these sprint cars.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 09:00:48 PM »
Have a photo I shared on my FB that is taken from the seat of one of these sprint cars.

No photo is apparent?

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2014, 12:40:29 AM »
If you're going to run into race car traffic at least dress in bright colors.

http://youtu.be/dpesYL9iNRs
Formerly sumpnz

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2014, 04:53:52 AM »
I just watched the video again (previously, my connection was bork'd) and it appears that Stewart hit the throttle when he got near the pedestrian, but, since the rear end kicked out to the left, it would appear that Tony was trying to prevent hitting said pedestrian with his rear tire.

I think the deceased driver had a terminal case of the stupids.

Rear end kicked left because one or both right side tires were impeded momentarily.

24 hour news cycle is trying to make this big because a celebrity was involved. Mercifully I am back home, no TV. Cows on CNN this morning were opining, probably can't park their prius but knew exactly what happened on the track.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 06:55:41 AM »
I have also seen that video slowed down to super slo-mo and Stewart's car actually drug Ward several feet before the car threw him out.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 02:35:28 PM »
If someone dressed all in black ran out onto a freeway at night, it'd be called suicide. Why in the world is this guy getting a pass on his insanely stupid and dangerous behaviour?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2014, 02:46:42 PM »
I heard on the radio this morning that there was a second video being used by investigators.  Has anyone seen it, or have a link?  I've only seen the original one.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht