Author Topic: Regarding death investigation of driver struck by Tony Stewart car  (Read 9751 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Regarding death investigation of driver struck by Tony Stewart car
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2014, 03:03:01 PM »
I have not heard that, but I did hear that Stewart supposedly had a Go-pro or two on his car and may have had to turn over his tire(s) as part of the investigation.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2014, 03:36:15 PM »
I have not heard that, but I did hear that Stewart supposedly had a Go-pro or two on his car and may have had to turn over his tire(s) as part of the investigation.

Nice GoPro kits are around $300.  I don't see any reason every driver wouldn't have at least one, given the investment in the cars, and the potential for a great "no ___ there I was" video.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »
Really, it looks to me like the sensible solution is to adopt a zero-tolerance policy on temper tantrums; driver out of a car that isn't on fire, red flag the race until he's removed, then pull his card for the rest of the season.  It won't take many missed races and beat downs from drivers screwed up by a restart before they either grow up or learn to work a fry vat.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2014, 02:18:39 PM »
I saw a vid that made it appear the kid grabbed the wing in slow mo
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2014, 02:39:54 PM »
I saw a vid that made it appear the kid grabbed the wing in slow mo

... trying to climb into the car, in motion, perhaps?

I'd love to dismiss that out of hand, but having had experience AS a 19 year old, there's almost nothing reckless a young man could do to make me say "No way anyone would do that."
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
Regarding death investigation of driver struck by Tony Stewart car
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2014, 02:47:52 PM »
Look on you tube under slow mo tony Stewart. About 11 seconds in. I'll try to find it

Found it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1XvhrPu64Co&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com&has_verified=1&layout=tablet&client=mv-google
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2014, 02:54:53 PM »
It appears he grabs the fin and hangs on a second or so before the rear wheel gets him

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2014, 03:02:47 PM »
Really, it looks to me like the sensible solution is to adopt a zero-tolerance policy on temper tantrums; driver out of a car that isn't on fire, red flag the race until he's removed, then pull his card for the rest of the season.  It won't take many missed races and beat downs from drivers screwed up by a restart before they either grow up or learn to work a fry vat.

can one of the race guys explain why this isn't in place or what rules are in place regarding this?

Because it doesn't seem unreasonable, especially given that I'm sure it's a PITA for track officials to deal with this crap and it is a hazard for everyone on the track, not just the idjit with a death wish.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2014, 03:04:39 PM »
That is the same one I saw earlier but until someone else pointed out the fact the kid trying to hang on I hadn't seen it.  Is it that he is trying to get into the car or realized he is screwed and trying to hang on and not get ran over?

Be interesting to see if there is any video from other angles.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2014, 03:06:31 PM »
can one of the race guys explain why this isn't in place or what rules are in place regarding this?

Because it doesn't seem unreasonable, especially given that I'm sure it's a PITA for track officials to deal with this crap and it is a hazard for everyone on the track, not just the idjit with a death wish.

Because up until no one was killed by a high profile driver.  Common sense usually played out and as stated earlier, most drivers stayed in their car, unless on fire or other danger, until safety crews arrived. 

Seen a report or two that a few tracks are already putting these rules in place.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2014, 05:21:22 AM »

Oh, it will be in one sanctioning body. Go ahead, don't load your car in your hauler. We've got enough heavy equipment to put your rig outside the gates on the highway whether you comply or not.

I'd love to see a different video angle. if he is truly grabbing the sideboard then I retract my earlier theory that the guy was trying to make Stewart stall. He was most certainly trying to damage Stewart's wing so he would be compromised in his ability to finish the race. The wing is primarily. .016" aluminum and joined with hollow shank pop rivets. Rip the first few and the sideboard will start to peel off and you get degraded performance or most likely you get black flagged. Not the first guy who has ever tried something like that.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2014, 07:44:07 AM »
I'm starting to think that what Stewart did or didn't do or his intent in the matter no longer matters.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2014, 10:10:50 AM »
Stewart has decided not to race this weekend, jury still out on anything beyond that. 

My sister yesterday afternoon for all about 10 sec had a post on FB about Stewart retiring and selling his interest in Stewart/Haas and all other racing related business.  Quickly I saw it for what is was, satire site like the Onion.  She pulled it down as soon as I pointed out that information.

As Larry said it is now gone beyond intent on Stewart's part.  99.9% of the people have made up their minds one way or another and nothing will change that.

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2014, 11:34:20 AM »
As Larry said it is now gone beyond intent on Stewart's part.  99.9% of the people have made up their minds one way or another and nothing will change that.

Given the wing position and the lighting, I doubt he could have done anything either way; I just don't think he saw the idiot in time to react effectively.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2014, 12:09:15 PM »
Nice GoPro kits are around $300.  I don't see any reason every driver wouldn't have at least one, given the investment in the cars, and the potential for a great "no ___ there I was" video.

I doubt Tony Stewart has something so 'primitive' as a $300 go-pro, he has access to the professional camera systems, and to be frank I'd be shocked if he wasn't running a dash-camera. 

In the big races today those cars are absolutely studded with the cameras, and they're transmitting real-time so you can see things from the Dash of Tony's car, from his helmet-cam, rear-view, etc...

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2014, 12:21:07 PM »
I doubt Tony Stewart has something so 'primitive' as a $300 go-pro, he has access to the professional camera systems, and to be frank I'd be shocked if he wasn't running a dash-camera. 

In the big races today those cars are absolutely studded with the cameras, and they're transmitting real-time so you can see things from the Dash of Tony's car, from his helmet-cam, rear-view, etc...

While the NASCAR and other major league races do have the full camera and telementry setups, Stewart was racing a sprint car and I doubt he had the mack daddy setup on it.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2014, 05:14:17 PM »
While the NASCAR and other major league races do have the full camera and telementry setups, Stewart was racing a sprint car and I doubt he had the mack daddy setup on it.

Not thinking he had the 'mack daddy' on it, just a step or two up from a go-pro.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2014, 07:58:47 PM »
Not thinking he had the 'mack daddy' on it, just a step or two up from a go-pro.

Other than integration/sync with telemetry (or more compact heads with remote recording/control), the pro stuff isn't much up on a go-pro.  For a telemetry-free sprint car, its tough to beat it.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2014, 08:17:11 PM »
The GoPro 3 Black edition shoots in 4K high def.

You can control multiple cameras with one remote or smartphone.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2014, 07:53:21 PM »

You'd be surprised what they can do with go pros.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

birdman

• friend
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2014, 10:57:26 PM »
The GoPro 3 Black edition shoots in 4K high def.

You can control multiple cameras with one remote or smartphone.
Only shoots 15fps @ 4K...not a true 4K cam.
That said, it does shoot 2.7K at 30fps, which is damn nice.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2014, 08:05:26 AM »
Only shoots 15fps @ 4K...not a true 4K cam.
That said, it does shoot 2.7K at 30fps, which is damn nice.

A lot of the awesome adventure footage is due to great post processing and editing skills.

The GoPro does provide the raw material for some pretty amazing videos.

I think the GoPro 4 Black edition comes out before Christmas. i wonder if it will be true 4K?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2014, 08:09:20 AM »
A lot of the awesome adventure footage is due to great post processing and editing skills.

The GoPro does provide the raw material for some pretty amazing videos.

I think the GoPro 4 Black edition comes out before Christmas. i wonder if it will be true 4K?

Maybe...as in @30fps or better?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2014, 06:22:38 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/09/24/grand-jury-finished-hearing-case-against-nascar-tony-stewart/

No charges for Stewart. 

Tantillo also said Ward was under the influence of marijuana that night "enough to impair judgment."

That right there was probably the final nail in the coffin to no bill.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2014, 06:56:45 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/09/24/grand-jury-finished-hearing-case-against-nascar-tony-stewart/

That right there was probably the final nail in the coffin to no bill.
And why we largely hear crickets.

Had it simply been a "yeah..no" I would have expected at least a little wailing and gnashing of teeth. I've heard nothing but crickets from EVERYONE I know who was calling for Stewarts head on a pike.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.