Author Topic: High blood pressure!  (Read 2215 times)

sanglant

• friend
Re: High blood pressure!
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 01:06:44 PM »

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 01:14:30 PM »
Hm.  Checking my medical records, the last official reading was 132/68... that was two years and 25lbs ago, though.  =)
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 04:15:18 PM »
Sooooooo......

I walked into a healthy food store for the first time in my life, specifically Trader Joe's.  I felt a bit like a hippie but if I can improve my health by shopping there, it's worth it.  Most of that stuff isn't much more expensive than the processed, salt-laden, hormone-injected crap I usually buy, despite what I have been told.

Besides, now that I am going to be single, I can afford to pay a bit more for my food.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2010, 04:30:08 PM »
Sooooooo......

I walked into a healthy food store for the first time in my life, specifically Trader Joe's.  I felt a bit like a hippie but if I can improve my health by shopping there, it's worth it.  Most of that stuff isn't much more expensive than the processed, salt-laden, hormone-injected crap I usually buy, despite what I have been told.

Besides, now that I am going to be single, I can afford to pay a bit more for my food.

No, now you sound like a hippie.  :laugh:
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2010, 04:33:25 PM »
cooking for ladies was better than plying them with strong spirits. experiment  looks good smells good tastes good. its a lot of fun  i got in the habit of cooking at least 2 or 3 portions and freezing one  eat one as leftovers and you can eat well without overworking
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010, 04:35:33 PM »
I walked into a healthy food store for the first time in my life, specifically Trader Joe's.  I felt a bit like a hippie but if I can improve my health by shopping there, it's worth it.  Most of that stuff isn't much more expensive than the processed, salt-laden, hormone-injected crap I usually buy, despite what I have been told.

Be careful about the pure-as-the-driven-snow image connected with "health food".  There's no guarantee their "natural" growth & prep methods didn't involve things more toxic than the Mega-Mart pre-boxed stuff.  

You can eat healthy at most any grocery store.  Just put down the pre-made items and learn to make your own.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2010, 04:42:10 PM »
+1 to what Brad said.  I started shopping at the "Good Food Store" but came to realize that I could get the same stuff for way cheaper at the normal grocery stores.  Plus...  the organic produce was great and all, but frequently I had problems like bell peppers having black fungus on the inside the day they were purchased and they cost twice as much.

The only thing I still go there for are the Amy's frozen less sodium dinners for my backup lunch if I don't have something else prepared to take to work with me.  Nowhere else in town has them.

I recommend those by the way, especially the lasagna and enchiladas.  Not so much the mac & cheese and rice bowl.  The spinach pizza is ok...  not great but edible.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 04:54:54 PM »
You WILL get over the divorce stuff sooner or later.  Might as well make it sooner.

I moped around for about ten days and suddenly decided that ^.

Called up a lady friend of mine and took her to dinner.

Got over it pretty soon.  Yowsa.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.