Author Topic: Biohacking  (Read 235 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Biohacking
« on: January 20, 2024, 11:51:51 AM »
Do any of you follow this biohacking thing? There seems to be a wide range of definitions for it but it all seems to center on increased longevity, running the gamut from dietary changes to actual medical procedures. I guess I do some of it now, based on the definition, given that I do intermittent fasting and use my Garmin watch to monitor vitals, sleep, and stress 24/7. There have been plenty of times the abnormal heart rate / stress alarm has gone off and I then used the breathing exercise feedback to lower everything.

Anyway, I've seen the term thrown around for a while, but it caught my attention in a local news story this morning regarding a biohacking clinic that has a couple of Idaho locations, among others. They do the cryotherapy (-160F!), AI workout machines, light spectrum bombardment, etc.

It sort of seems more like a high tech gym. I'm sure some of the stuff has a scientific basis. For instance, their AI machines that drastically cut workout time for equivalent results. Which isn't that much different than the proven results of a HIIT workout you do in 15 minutes being more beneficial than a moderate workout done in 30 minutes. It's just (I assume) that the machine's AI monitors your vitals to keep you from getting lazy or else overexerting yourself.

I bet it's all pretty expensive, but I'm almost tempted to do their free hour intro with the cell sonar just to see how much is science, how much is just technology feedback (like the Garmin watch, but more advanced) and how much is gimmick.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/biohacking#types

https://upgradelabs.com/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
Re: Biohacking
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2024, 01:17:44 PM »
$$$$$
You could also buy a HBOT chamber for you and don’t forget the dog!
What we have here is failure to communicate.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 10:41:16 PM »
I've been doing intermittent and extended fasts. It's cleared up a lot of aches, skin, and other aging issues, and it's free.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 04:43:22 AM »
If you don’t mind needles just do HRT. The rest of it is mainly bs.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 08:56:37 AM »
If you don’t mind needles just do HRT. The rest of it is mainly bs.

But I don't wanna play in women's sports!  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."