Author Topic: Wrong State, Booker  (Read 753 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Wrong State, Booker
« on: February 13, 2019, 05:14:13 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Unisaw

• friend
Re: Wrong State, Booker
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 05:50:49 PM »
When campaigning in Iowa, I recommend that he attack corn and soybeans instead.  >:D
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 06:30:04 PM »
insufferable vegans.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 06:30:47 PM »
When campaigning in Iowa, I recommend that he attack corn and soybeans instead.  >:D

and college sports
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »
Funny thing is?  He's wrong.

You see, one of the major problems out there is desertification, much from overgrazing.

However, they've found a fix for it:  Careful management of grazing.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/can-livestock-grazing-stop-desertification/

https://www.ted.com/talks/allan_savory_how_to_green_the_world_s_deserts_and_reverse_climate_change?language=en

As such, while in a "sustainable" environment beef might be more expensive and rare, something to enjoy once in a while, it can still be on the menu.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 10:20:01 PM »
Not too many places in the US where "no meat for you" will be a winning message. This is right up there with Carter's "put on a sweater."

I know  nothing will top "Spartacus," but "Meatless Mondale" also seems appropriate.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife