Main Forums > Politics

Senate version of bailout is now 451 pages of earmarks, pork...

<< < (2/6) > >>

41magsnub:
This is almost a compelling argument for a line item veto...  almost..  besides that pesky not constitutional thing.

Manedwolf:

--- Quote from: 41magsnub on October 01, 2008, 10:01:13 AM ---This is almost a compelling argument for a line item veto...  almost..  besides that pesky not constitutional thing.

I think it's more a candidate for the sort of thing that happened in the 19th century, when some people in Congress got beaten with a cane.

Even with something this supposedly important, they can't resist the stupid appropriations for ridiculous things.

Lennyjoe:
I breezed through the bill and seen a couple of earmarks that make no sense.  

SEC. 502. PROVISIONS RELATED TO FILM AND TELEVISION
PRODUCTIONS.

SEC. 503. EXEMPTION FROM EXCISE TAX FOR CERTAIN
WOODEN ARROWS DESIGNED FOR USE BY CHILDREN

Other than that, no ACORN or anything else that would be misappropriation of said funds.  

I wonder, my property in Arizona is not what I would concider a "troubled asset" to me. But, what if my mortgage company turns the assets over to the .gov?  How will that affect me?

buzz_knox:

--- Quote from: Lennyjoe on October 01, 2008, 10:03:47 AM ---I wonder, my property in Arizona is not what I would concider a "troubled asset" to me. But, what if my mortgage company turns the assets over to the .gov?  How will that affect me?

Your contract should still control.  Unless you've got a provision allowing for readjustment of the rates upon a change in ownership of the note (or unless Congress decides to screw around with such notes), you shouldn't see much of a change other than a new address to send payments.  Now, if you miss a payment, you'll be dealing with the federal bureaucracy and all the joy that entails.

longeyes:
Glad they covered rum--anything in there for the lash and sodomy?

(thank you, Winston)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version