Author Topic: What do you guys think about this.....  (Read 1998 times)

jdoc

• I don't know!
What do you guys think about this.....
« on: April 04, 2008, 05:59:41 PM »
http://www.trutv.com/video/tsg-presents/quick-draw.html#link=truTVshlk

It was being discussed on OCDO and I thought I would post it here.
I think the leo did great given the situation. If this was an armed citizen I don't think  it would have went over as well as it did since its was an leo.
What do you guys and gals think?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: What do you guys think about this.....
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 01:43:59 AM »
If this was an armed citizen I don't think  it would have went over as well as it did since its was an leo.

And why not?  I'd like to hear your explanation.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 02:24:47 AM »
I like the choices of Danny Bonaduce and Willis for their "expert" comments...  laugh

My explanation is I woulda been honking on the trigger, not yelling at the guy. LEO is lucky, ballsy but lucky.
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 02:52:26 AM »
Turned out well for the cop.  He showed remarkable restraint; much more than I would have.

If this was an armed citizen I don't think  it would have went over as well as it did since its was an leo.
I don't think the robber could tell that the other guy was a cop.  The cop was off duty and appeared to be out of uniform.  So, as far as the robber was concerned, the other guy was just another Joe Normal.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 04:16:28 AM »
The cop is pretty fast at the draw, It looked like he was in uniform but with a regular jacket over it.
I would have started shooting.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 05:42:49 AM »
That site is crap. Plays 2 seconds of video, hangs for 5 to 10 seconds repeatedly.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 05:50:58 AM »
command presence/voice.
if i was trhe cops boss i'd be torn between praising him for restraint and being well trained. or kicking his tail for not shooting the doofus and taking the chance on getting killed.  i think bonaduces comment about the huevos was accurate. nice job hes a better man than me i'd have shot that fool
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 05:52:02 AM »
That site is crap. Plays 2 seconds of video, hangs for 5 to 10 seconds repeatedly.

Played fast and smooth for me.  Maybe whoever took your mail is in your intrawebz, too.
If this was an armed citizen I don't think  it would have went over as well as it did since its was an leo.
What do you guys and gals think?

The audio is a little fuzzy, but I don't think he ever identified himelf as a cop.  He hung his big brass clangers out by not just putting two 'tween the nipples.  The BG had the drop and hesitated on lowering his weapon when confronted.

Most criminals conduct thier crimes with impunity.  Being confronted by an armed person at the scene of the crime in progress is not the normal for them.  The shock of such actions took the element of superiority and surprise away from the BG.  I'm not surprised he didn't shoot.  And if it had been an armed citizien, who reacted in a similiar manner, the outcome would have likely been similar.

My gut tells me I would have opened fire immediately, and that the cop should have done the same.  However, I've never BTDT, so I can't be certain that I wouldn't hunker behind the twinkies in cowardly fear.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

jdoc

• I don't know!
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 06:03:55 AM »
I'm not saying the outcome would have been any different had it been an armed citizen. I'm saying the news and other such tv people would not have been speaking so kindly of him. There has been a couple self defense shootings on the news I have seen around my area and most people seem to demonize the good guy that drew a gun.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 06:20:35 AM »
I like the choices of Danny Bonaduce and Willis for their "expert" comments...  laugh

My explanation is I woulda been honking on the trigger, not yelling at the guy. LEO is lucky, ballsy but lucky.
Very lucky...

A CCW'r would either just remain as low key as possible until the robber got his money and left or wait until the robber was confronting the clerk and shoot the sucker then. A lot would depend on the mindset of the CCW'r.

Which is why the guys in prison who were asked almost universally said they're way more afraid of armed citizens than the cops.

Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 07:24:09 AM »
Most criminals conduct thier crimes with impunity.  Being confronted by an armed person at the scene of the crime in progress is not the normal for them.  
I wonder if the reverse holds true for cops.  A well-seasoned cop, who is used to being obeyed immediatly, may hesitate to shoot because he expects the criminal's immediate compliance.  That could prove to be a big mistake.

I'm not saying the outcome would have been any different had it been an armed citizen. I'm saying the news and other such tv people would not have been speaking so kindly of him. There has been a couple self defense shootings on the news I have seen around my area and most people seem to demonize the good guy that drew a gun.

Gotcha.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?