Author Topic: NYC lunatic with gun, repeatedly harassing street vendors  (Read 2568 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
NYC lunatic with gun, repeatedly harassing street vendors
« on: October 13, 2013, 11:45:48 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2456157/Female-NYPD-cop-caught-camera-abusing-street-vendor.html

Thought #1: That's a REALLY old duty belt.  Is she just a loony meter maid, and NYPD is arming meter maids with old gear now?  She's not old enough to be among the last few 80's era cops that favor revolvers.

Thought #2: It's also absolutely terrifying that this person has cart blanche to commit de facto unaccountable homicide and is that unstable that she doesn't even care about video evidence of insanity and unprofessionalism.

Glad the camera shooed her off, but the bravado and behavior in the presence of it is shameful.  I hope she is canned.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

White Horseradish

• friend
Re: NYC lunatic with gun, repeatedly harassing street vendors
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 02:38:51 AM »
I've seen park police here in Minneapolis carrying revolvers. Maybe NYPD has some special unit? There are tons of subdivisions in that private army.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 09:46:27 AM »
Good example of why so many government employees HATE camcorders and spy cameras.

And . . . the story is from a UK website. HAVE ANY OF THE NYC PAPERS OR TV STATIONS PICKED UP THE STORY???
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 10:22:23 AM »
Bloomberg says only LEOs ought to be able to have handguns.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 10:49:56 AM »
A couple of thoughts, now that I am more awake.

Can't be a meter maid. In NYC meter maids are "brownies", they work for NYC DOT, not NYPD, and they wear brown uniforms.

I don't see a vest under that shirt. Don't pretty much all cops wear body armor these days?

Someone in the comments to the article pointed out that she doesn't have a radio. And she really doesn't seem to have one. That seems more of an oddity than the duty belt.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 10:50:08 AM »
As an aside, do those duty belts have shoulder straps?  That is a hell of a lot of weight to hang on a belt.  I don't like the little weight of a CHL holster sometimes.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 10:57:54 AM »
And a classic PR-24 baton, too.  Everyone around here went to the ASP batons long ago.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 11:34:20 AM »
Any confirmation that she's really a cop and not some vegan cat lady loon in a halloween costume?
She doesn't look like she weighs over 95 lbs, which immediately strikes me as she would bemore or less incapable as a cop.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 12:01:03 PM »
Any confirmation that she's really a cop and not some vegan cat lady loon in a halloween costume?
She doesn't look like she weighs over 95 lbs, which immediately strikes me as she would bemore or less incapable as a cop.

Yeah, I suppose its possible she's actually a cop but that is really odd gear. Like a guy in current cammies wearing a K-pot and carrying a Garand.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »
She's got a radio, but I agree that's some weird gear. Does NYPD have reserve officers?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 02:08:43 PM »
The gear makes it real suspicious.  Maybe she's some kind of traffic cop that just writes tickets and *expletive deleted*it?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »
According to Wikipedia (Take it for what is is worth)
New NYPD officers are allowed to select one of three 9mm service pistols: the Sig Sauer P226 DAO, Smith & Wesson Model 5946 DAO, and Glock 19.[20] All are modified to a 12-pound (53 N) NY-2 trigger pull.[21] Officers who were issued revolvers prior to the transition to semi-automatic pistols on January 1, 1994, are "grandfathered" and if so can choose to continue to carry a revolver as a duty weapon.

ETA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_City_Police_Department
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 02:53:33 PM by adively »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 02:47:18 PM »
The gear makes it real suspicious.  Maybe she's some kind of traffic cop that just writes tickets and *expletive deleted*?
NYPD doesn't have those. In NYC that's what DOT "brownies" are for.

Robert A Heinlein

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 03:12:40 PM »

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2013, 04:45:26 PM »
I wonder if she's "Housing"? They're a separate division for city owned buildings.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »
That is just the way they roll on the NYC police force.  =|

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/21/nypd-sergeant-lesly-charles-tirade-cop_n_1533840.html

bob

Wow! How is an a hole like that still on the force? rhetorical question
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, 05:50:46 PM »
Wow! How is an a hole like that still on the force?

How would they not be?
"It's good, though..."

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 05:58:31 PM »
Wow! How is an a hole like that still on the force? rhetorical question
Because NYC's already got a mayor.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 06:10:14 PM »
union is strong
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2013, 04:21:07 PM »
Yet another chapter in "the only ones profeshunal enough" saga.  :lol:

Remember children, uniforms are like the flaming paper bag concealing the smelly dog poo inside.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"